Jedi Anakin AotC Traveling/Refugee Clothes

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by across0the0stars, Aug 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. across0the0stars Jedi Knight

star 2
    i was curious if anyone has made the costume that anakin is wearing while he and padme are traveling to naboo?
    (sorry if there is another thread but i could not find it in my 20 minutes of searching)
  2. Nostradamus Jedi Master

star 4
  3. Darth_Eagle Fanforce CR Singapore

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Kathy dear, she's asking about Anakin's costume, not Padme's. ;)
  4. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That is a good question across0the0stars. Has anyone made Anakin's costume when he's traveling to Naboo?
  5. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Mmmm, this nice one:

[image=http://www.padawansguide.com/padme/gold/padanigold_visualdictionary.jpg]
  6. Nostradamus Jedi Master

star 4
  7. across0the0stars Jedi Knight

star 2
    yes that pic is it =), although i'm a beginner, i'm determined to do anything! and i've almost completely swayed my boyfriend into going to celebration 3. and i figured why should i have all the costume changes? =P
  8. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I must say I think that costume looks better than his jedi outfit.
  9. across0the0stars Jedi Knight

star 2
    =P soooo........ has anyone tried making this costume? =)
  10. Nostradamus Jedi Master

star 4
    I have seen fabrics similar to that of which the vest is made for sale locally. It looks very much like 'mudcloth' if that is not indeed what it is made of. It is a hand painted African fabric that is usually available in smaller pieces and each one will be realatively unique. I am not sure if there is a commerically printed pattern for a similar vest. Perhaps you could research that, otherwise it wouldn't be difficult to modify an existing pattern.
    Currently, I have the exact fabric of the scarf sitting in a bag somewhere in my archeives. Anakin's shirt, pants and boots seem to be the same pieces as he wears with his Jedi costume.
    ....and then there is the sash/belt and rough poncho.
    I think that is about it.
  11. Jauhzmynn Jedi Master

star 4
    Across0the0stars,

Anakin's shirt, pants and boots are his Jedi gear. The vest is a mudcloth cuz I have that SAME patternb on a garment in my closet only it's a differant color,

If your hubby already has the Anakin Jedi costume, all he'd need is the scarf,(Looks like some crinkle cottonlike stuff) and the sash and he's good to go. Maybe a tuxedo supplier might have a wide cukmberbun thing, cuz that is sorta' what the sash thing looks like.
    WHat do the rest think?

Mynn
  12. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That costume is neat, just different for the Jedi you know since they wear simple things, well it is but designed fabric. That'd be neat to make for your guy. :)
  13. across0the0stars Jedi Knight

star 2
    =) right now this all planning lol =P hopefully it'll become a project!
  14. Primrodo Jedi Master

star 4
  15. Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Knight

star 3
    So I opened my mouth to suggest this costume to a friend with Anakin's robes and the Very expensive boots. Looks like a am not the one nominated to create the outfit for him. The shirt appears to be his jedi undertunic. I am thinking of creating the vest in a black fabric, trying to match the texture, and then using a fabric paint pen if it looks good. I will try some tests once I find the black fabric.
  16. tvgrluvsw Jedi Knight

star 1
    You know what i notice about anakins traveling clothes, they were supposed to be hidden yet he still had the braid and short jedi hair, an assasin could have noticed that. im just being picky
  17. Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Knight

star 3
    Not picky at all, that was my first comment about it when they were getting ready to leave and I saw the braid. They should have made a hat for him.
  18. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Yeah no kidding about the braid! I always notice that too!
  19. across0the0stars Jedi Knight

star 2
    if i ever get to doing this, i was thinking the same.. find something with a similar texture and bleach the pattern on it. what looks really good for that is that new bleach pen. lol first thing i thought of when i saw it was this costume.
  20. Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Knight

star 3
    I forgot about that new bleach pen. I usually don't pay any attention to TV commercials, not that I watch much TV as it is.
  21. Sister_Sola Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Unlocked and bumping by request. :)
  22. jsoto81 Jedi Knight

star 1
    heres what "dressing a galaxy" says about anakin's travel clothing.

...Anakin's Interior Freighter Disguise costume consists of his jedi trousers and a taupe raw-silk open-weave undershirt, along with an African mudcloth fabric double brested vest, a dark green cummerbund, and a tan-and-green neck scarf, combined with a woven poncho in a off-white, vintage African Fabric. He also wears his dark brown jedi boots.

I hope that helps everyone out some.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.