main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin Boots

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by JangoFett316, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Hey everyone, I just received my pair of Anakin boots yesterday, and am very happy with the results.
    Here's a few pics:
    Pic 1
    Pic 2

The pictures aren't the best, but the boots are really awesome. I won't mention where I got them, but you can contact me if you really want to know.
    This isn't really important, I'm just really happy with my purchase, and wanted to show 'em off and brag a little... :D

2. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    Those are some sweet boots! I have a pair of that guys Obi-Wan boots from a year and a half ago (he's revised his Obi-Wan design since then). His stuff is pricy ($250-$300) but his boots are the best money can buy. I've never worn my costume and not recieved a complement on the boots.

3. JangoFett316

Oct 2, 2001
    I agree, his stuff is pretty expensive, but (to me) definitely worth the price.

I can't wait to wear them around. I received compliments all the time on my other boots, which I thought looked really bad (they were just short motorcycle boots with homemade tops).

4. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Pretty nice. The few details off are minor but I am personally waiting on mine which should be here next week sometime and much more accurate :)

Nice buy :)

5. davenwjedi

davenwjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2002
    justin ? who? what? where?

NWJEDI
    dave

6. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    You have a PM dave :)

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    ouch! that's pretty expensive for a pair of boots. here in korea i think i could get those for like $100. i'll be investigating this week.....

8. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    The boots mentioned are hand-made to the customer's measurements and are fairly accurate reproductions of Star Wars (or other TV shows/movies) boots. That is why they cost so much.

Here in the US, $100 buys you some excellent, generic leather riding boots, but the lowest I have ever seen on hand-made replica boots is $200.

If you can find some boots like those for $100 pleease PM me ASAP!

9. JangoFett316

Oct 2, 2001
    Exactly as JediToren said, they're custom made to your measurements, which was necessary for me. It is nearly impossible to find tall boots in a size 14 ;).

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    actually, i am saying i can get custom made boots like that for around $100. i live on an air force base in korea, and just off base are tons of custom tailors and boot makers. we can usually get any kind of boots, suits, or even sports jerseys, hats, and t-shirts custom made. i'm really interested in seeing if i can get some obi wan and anakin boots made. i'll have to find some good reference pics and take them into town with me. i'll definitely let you guys know what i find out. :)

back on topic: those really are awesome boots, jango. i can only hope to get something that good.

11. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Don't let the secret out too much, Grimby. If people found out that they could get boots like that for a mere $100, your friend would get swamped with more order requests then he/she could ever fill. I've seen this happen to many a dealer, where they get involved in too many projects or offer something that too many people want and end up with allot of outstanding orders and lots of angry customers. EDC Studios comes to mind.

Just be careful that he/she never accepts money for more orders than they can fill in a reasonable ammount of time. If you get a bad rep. in the prop/costume replication community, you'll probably never be able to shake it.

If the $100 boots are of similar quality to the other boot makers, they may end up lowering their prices to stay competetive.

Keep me posted, please.

Just out of curiosity, how come it can be done for so much less in Korea? Is the leather real cheap there?

12. masterPloKoon-6981

masterPloKoon-6981 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2002
    i don't know if anyone has tried <link removed> but they have really nice boots. the prices are high but well worth it.

Jurist edit: What the wookie said ;)

13. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Yes that is the person who made the boots we are talking about.

I should also note that it is against the TFN Costumes Forum FAQ to post links to unlicensed dealers of props/costumes. Please use the edit function to remove the link.

14. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Beautiful boots. For those who have ordered from him before, will he do boots other than what is pictured? I'd eventually like to do Aayla Secura and was wondering if he would be able to do them for me.

15. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah he does custom orders all the time. If I remember correctly that's how he got into the replica boot business in the first place.

16. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    Great! Thanks JT!

17. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I would REALLY like a pair of cool looking Jedi boots, however I cant seem to find any that are in my price range. I would like to spend 300 dollars on good boots, however I cant justify spending almost as much as I spent on my entire costume on just the boots! I really dont have that kind of money to blow.

Forcebewitya!

18. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    There are other options aside from MotorCowboy for Jedi boots. There is one dealer, who as far as I know will be charging 250 still, as MotoCowboy keeps raising the price.

Then you can also make your own too! :)

19. Mirax H

Aug 16, 1999
    I'd appreciate it if you would please PM me with info on other boot makers. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.