main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

anakin=darth question

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by ShemoDarth, Aug 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShemoDarth

ShemoDarth Jedi Master star 1

Jun 30, 2002
    do you think anakin will be put into the suit and noone will know that its him. and do you think he will forget about being anakin, that would piss me off.

2. Gaudior

Gaudior Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2002
    Er, seeing as he knows he's Luke's father, I'm pretty sure he don't "forget" he was Anakin. :confused:

And Ben and Yoda sure know who Vader really is. I don't think it's a big secret.

3. Darth_Tarpals

Darth_Tarpals Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Don't forget Palps, he has to know who Anakin was.. otherwise the following scene would occur: Palpatine: Oh darn. Anakin fell into a large pit of [insert hot substance here]. I guess I'll just randomly pick someone off the street for my new apprentice.. hey, that tall guy in the black suit looks nice.

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Actually, it's possible that Palpatine will be the only person who knows who Vader truly is. I think Lucas's aim in making the prequels is to create two trilogies that will provide as many interesting surprises for viewers no matter which of the two they watch first, so one of the best things he could do would be to film Anakin's conversion to Vader in such a way that it will be obvious to those who have seen the OT what has happened but not to those who have only seen the prequels. I could see some shots of Anakin lying near death on life support in a hospital, maybe with his good buddy Palpatine coming to visit him, then a scene in which Palpatine delivers a tear-jerking eulogy for his dear friend who died at the hand of one of those terrible Jedi who are the cause of all problems in the galaxy and should be purged, and finally a scene in which Vader makes his entrance in the suit and takes his place as the Chancellor's right hand. It could be assumed that Obi-Wan and Yoda figured out who Vader was at some point between the two trilogies. Filming like this still wouldn't make Obi-Wan's story to Luke about his father's fate seem accurate, but it would leave ambiguity as to whether Vader really was Luke's father.

5. The_ERadicator

The_ERadicator Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2002
    yeah .. cool. .. but how will anakin declare himself as vader ??? will he just say " hey lok at me , im darth vader" .... nonononnoooooo i think hell be anakin to everyone unill he gets the black suite

6. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    He'll make it known at the next Sith Pride Parade in Coruscant, that's where he'll "come out of the closet."

Seriously, the public will never know who Vader is since no one had really heard of Anakin Skywalker. The ones that do know of the secret are either dead or in hiding.

7. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    I think there will be four people who know Vader=Anakin(before ESB scene with Luke).. Anakin and Palps naturally, and Yoda and Obi will find out somehow. My favorite thery on how Obi and Yoda find out is ghost of Qui-Gon telling them but I figure GL will just have Yoda sense it through the force.

8. Mystery_Knight

Mystery_Knight Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2002
    Yoda - Obi-Wan knows. that's for sure.
    probably uncle owen / aunt beru. knows to. because when luke asked bout his father, they where realy quiet...right ???

9. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    Actually, it's possible that Palpatine will be the only person who knows who Vader truly is.

That would explain why Obi-Wan knows that Vader used to be his apprentice.

I think Lucas's aim in making the prequels is to create two trilogies that will provide as many interesting surprises for viewers no matter which of the two they watch first, so one of the best things he could do would be to film Anakin's conversion to Vader in such a way that it will be obvious to those who have seen the OT what has happened but not to those who have only seen the prequels.

Anakin is Obi-Wan's apprentice. Vader is his former apprentice. Coincidence, we're to believe? I think not. And as for your belief that Lucas wants the surprises kept, what are you basing that on? Lucas has said nothing to this effect. You are projecting your own desires onto him.

10. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    I think it would be awesome if Anakin goes so far over the edge, he has a conversation with Vader, (as much as it pains me to mention this film) as in Spiderman. Like "Vader" is talking Anakin into crossing to the Dark Side, trying to convince him to cross and to kill Kenobi and the Jedi.

"Did you feel the power?"

'When I killed Dooku?'

"Yes, the way you felt, as though you were strong enough to kill him with your bare hands, as though the fear in his eyes made you lust for more of his pain. Cross to the Dark Side, that is the true nature of the Force."

'But...the Force is meant to protect people.'

"Yes...but you have to be powerful to protect the weak. The Force is what makes guardians, that is the nature of the Force, the Dark Side. The Dark Side can make you faster, it can make you strong enough to protect everyone. It can let you prevent more innocent people from being hurt."

'You...you mean that I could have prevented...'

"Yes, exactly. You could have saved her on Tatooine before those beasts could have hurt her. Obi-wan knew this....that's why he kept you blind...that's why he kept you from knowing about the Force's true nature. He clings to an old way of thinking....one that's failed him. He knew that you would eventually find the Dark Side and surpass him, that's why he kept you from realizing your true destiny. He is the one that kept you from becoming strong enough, he is the one that kept you from saving your mother, its his fault she died, its his fault you felt so much pain and agony, it his fault she suffered for so long. Join me."

That could be said by Vader to Anakin, or it could be Palpatine's speech to lure Anakin in.

11. Dampo

Dampo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    Loco_For_Lucas has got a nice idea but it might be depressing to watch a great warrior talk to himself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.