Anakin DOES find the way to prevent someone from dying!!! proof inside

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by episodenone, Jun 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. episodenone Force Ghost

star 4
    maybe this is a cop out -- but in the greater context of the story -- anakin does learn this power.

he prevents LUKE from dying [!!!] because he kills the emperor in ROTJ. [face_thinking]

so the emperor does teach him how to save the ones he loves from certain doom.

FROM A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW ;)
  2. Obi_Frans Jedi Master

star 4
    That's the point :)

The emperor didn't teach him this though; he just "forced" (no pun intended :p ) him to realise it.

Love is the power to truly save someone, Anakins love would've save Padme; Anakins love saved Shmi, "Now, i am complete"; Lukes love saved Anakin, Anakins love saved Luke.

Anakin is too focused on the "dying" part; but he'll, eventually, know better. Luke saved him - but Anakin still died. Anakins biggest mistake wasn't believing that he could/should have the power to save the ones he loved from dying, but it was focusing on the deaths of his loved ones; instead of their lives. Not to mention that i don't think he even knows what that insane power he wants is - which is why it drove him insane.

The only way to truly love someone is if you're willing to let go of them, Padme asked him to let go of his dreams and just love her; Yoda told him to train himself to let go of it. He could've had the power right there and then by listening to both of them, but he didn't. Luke asked him to let go of his darkness; Anakin listened - and he found what he was looking for, in himself.

- O_F
  3. youngvader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Pretty interesting post. I never thought of it this way but it makes a lot of sense.
  4. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Both the Jedi and Sith are trying to find the "ultimate" power of the Force.

I think the Sith find a way to EXTEND life indefinitely, but the Jedi find a way to transcend the flesh and become immortal as spirits.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  5. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    The luminous beings quote is probably something Yoda had not considered until Qui-Gon taught him about the disappearing trick. Interesting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.