Anakin F/X lightsaber for under $100 + free shipping

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Princess_Tina, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Abhors Elder Guest

I REALLY hope these stay in stock for long enough so I can get one (probably a couple weeks after Christmas).

DON'T BUY THE ANIKAN F/X SABER!!! :p

-saber holder
  2. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  3. buster726 Jedi Master

star 4
    masterreplicas just posted staring next year their anakin saber price will go up $10 probably due to popularity and being nominated for innovative toy of the year.
  4. Abhors Elder Guest

Now I need to get one this year!

-saber holder
  5. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  6. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    So has anyone received their sabers yet??
  7. Abhors Elder Guest

Well, after having some problems finding the place to put the discount code (as Tina would know :p ;) ), I ordered it. I guess they took away free shipping, since I had to pay for it. I'll keep you guys posted as of when I get it!

-saber holder
  8. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, Princess, as detailed in my thread Christmas came early for THIS Jedi!!! ^_^, I received one of these from K-B Toys as a Christmas gift from my significant other, and, well....
    sadly, I am forced to say that I would recommend AGAINST buying one! I am one of MANY victims of MR's shoddy sound technology. Lots of people who purchased this saber have experienced glitches related to the sound FX system. I am one of those people. My sound doesn't work AT ALL! :(
    MR bills their product as this high-end thing, better than the cheap Hasbro toy sabers. But at least Hasbro's sabers have sound technology that's actually RELIABLE! :mad:
    So, the thing is going back to K-B for an exchange. Hopefully the second one will work better, but in my experience, you've got at least a 50/50 chance that your saber will have sound problems. That's not good. :(
    For more details on my problems, see the thread I mentioned above.
  9. Bandit-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I had the same sound problem on my GEN1 Anakin F/X sabers that I first received. Both of them has sound problems. I returned both with no hassle and got then back soon thereafter, and I must say that the current Generation of Anakin F/X sabers are high quality and worth the money. I love mine. It is hard to keep my hands off of it. Whenever I pass it, my hand instinctively reaches for it and ignites it. I then commence to battle the Dark Side for the next couple of minutes and then return the saber to its rightful resting place, hahah.
    Master Replicas Rules!!

It is as close to a REAL lightsaber as you can get!!

May The Force Be With You!
  10. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, Bandit-Jedi, perhaps K-B still has Gen-1 sabers in stock?
    Or perhaps the people that handled the shipping were too rough?
    Either way, the sound doesn't work. Hoping I have better luck with the next one.
  11. Abhors Elder Guest

So there it was sitting outside today. A long brown box. I immediatly grab it and bring it inside. I eagerly open it and carefully install the batteries. There it was, my Master Replicas Anikan FX saber ready for use in my hand. Mimicing ANH, I held it horazontally in front of me and started the phrase "Not as clumsy or random as a blaster...". I switched on the saber and the blade glowed to life.... but to my horror the saber was silent. No snap-hiss, no clashing, and no pitch. I switched it on and off a few more times... still nothing. Since it obviously had to sit through some rough Maine weather, I'm going to let it sit in my house to let it warm up. If it still doesn't work, I guess I'll just have to get it swapped :( .

-saber holder
  12. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Check the contacts as well SH if it does not work after warming up dude. I hope you do not have any problems with it...
  13. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    S_H, it sounds like you had the EXACT problem I had. I did everything, including letting it sit for an entire DAY before trying again with brand new batteries I had just bought at the store. It would seem that either K-B has a whole boatload of units with defective sound, or something in the handling and shipping is damaging the sound mechanisms, or something. Either that or MR's shoddy quality control continues to plague this product. [face_plain]
    I still haven't gotten my replacement one yet, but I'll be sure to post on here again to let you know once I do. I want everyone to know how that turns out.
  14. Abhors Elder Guest

It says on the receipt that I can get a full refund (including shipping) at a KB store. We are going into the city tomarrow, and I'm going to do just that. I'll have to re-order it though, and have to wait a while of course. I really wanted to show this off at my next fan force meeting on Saturday too...

-saber holder
  15. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    S_H, before you lug it over to the K-B store, call them first. It also says on the receipt and on their website that some large items can NOT be returned in the store. You may want to doublecheck on that first.
  16. Abhors Elder Guest

We were already planning on going there in the first place, so I'm just going to bring it along. I did notice that they are re-releasing the Luke ROTJ saber in their catologe though...

-saber holder
  17. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Uh-oh... I have a bad feeling about this... :(
  18. Bandit-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I returned my sabers using the warranty given directly from Master Replicas, On the instructions that are included with the saber it describes what to do when there is a problem and you need the saber replaced. I called the phone number provided, talked to someone who took all my info and a description of the problem and 15 minutes later I had an email with a FedEx Shipping label attached to it. All I had to do was repack the saber into its shipping box, slap on the FedEx label and give a call to FedEx. And that was it. No extra money spent. About 2-3 weeks later I had a replacement saber that I haven't had any problems with. I love it.

May The Force Be With You!
  19. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    OK... the saber that was originally shipped to me in December got lost in the mail, so I contacted KBToys and they sent another one... which arrived yesterday.

Guess what? No sound! :(

I called the MR 800 number and got instructions to exchange the defective saber... *sigh*

Well, hopefully I'll have a fully functional saber one of these days... :)
  20. Abhors Elder Guest

I just got my replacment in though, and it works. :) Its really cool...

-saber holder
  21. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, guess what?

I finally got a working FX lightsaber... it's pretty darn cool!!! :cool:

The only thing that's kind of weird is that sometimes I'll get the "deactivation" sound when I haven't turned the saber off (i.e., it's set off by some movement). But most of the time, it works just fine... :)
  22. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Master

star 4
    saber_holder, did you get yours from KB?
    I sent mine in to them a little over a week ago...
    still waiting for the replacement to be sent out to me.
  23. NiktosRule Jedi Master

star 4
    I have the same problem with the deactivation sound on mine too Tina. It is kinda of annoying. I'm thinking my batteries might be bad or something.
  24. Princess_Tina Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    NiktosRule, it's nice to know I'm not alone with this small problem... I'm going to call MR later on and ask if they know what the problems is... :)
  25. NiktosRule Jedi Master

star 4
    Mine didn't do it at first but started to recently. Today when I decided to check if it still did so, I had no such problems. I haven't changed the batteries or anything though. I think it most a weird thing that happens sometimes.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.