main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin F/X lightsaber for under $100 + free shipping

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Thena, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    Double Post

2. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Thanks for the update, Niktos :)

3. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Okay, important post here, so, everyone please read and respond.
    As mentioned before, I was given one of these Anakin FX sabers as a Christmas gift. The person ordered it online and had it shipped to me.
    When it arrived, I was quite surprised and happy....
    until I discovered that it had no sound.
    I packaged it back up, filled out the packing slip with the reason for return and CLEARLY indicated that it was to be exchanged, with a replacement to be sent out.
    I shipped it via UPS Ground on Tuesday, January 14th. According to the UPS Tracking, it was delivered to KB's returns center 2 days later, on the 16th. This was WELL before their stated Christmas return deadline of the 25th.
    According to the packing/return slip (which I unfortunately forgot to keep a copy of and now it's too late to do anything about it :(), their in-house processing time is 7-10 days, after which a replacement should be sent out.
    Assuming 10 days to ship it out...
    that should have shipped by the 27th...
    and I should've had my replacement by now.
    I still don't have it. :(
    So, has anyone else here returned one to KB?
    How long did it take to get your replacement?
    Please let me know ASAP.
    Thanks.

4. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I'm sorry that I can't help you on this one Jack. I just hope you get your replacement soon.

As for the deactivating of the lightsaber automatically I have noticed it only deactivates when I swing with speed. When I use it inside it rarely deactivates automatically as I don't have much room to swing it around but I when I use it outside it deactivates more frequently.

5. Darth_Menace

Darth_Menace Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2002
    Go look at the description page on KB and read the third review down.

-saber holder

---------------------------------------------
    i dont get it...where is this thing that is funny about potter? i dont see anything about potter

6. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

^ I'm confused. Why do you have my manual sig in your post? I didn't write that review if thats what you were implying...

-saber holder

7. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    You may be seeing the ½ star review that I left. [face_devil]
    BTW, I've been emailing KB this week to see what happened. They emailed me this morning. Their reply:

Hello (Jack),

Thank you for writing to KBtoys.com about order #XXXXXXX. According to our records, our warehouse received the Star Wars: Anakin Lightsaber Collector FX Edition Prop Replica on January 20, 2003. Unfortunately, at the time that we received this return, we were out of stock of this item and were unable to ship a replacement. We were forced to credit (Purchaser) for this item instead. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you again for writing to KBtoys.com. We appreciate your business and hope you will think of us for your future shopping needs. Should you have further questions, please visit our help section at http://www.kbtoys.com/help/service.html.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    This is absolute RUBBISH! I've been checking the page for that item at least once a week, and all along, it has been showing as IN-STOCK. I am now thoroughly ticked off and I may never buy anything from them again because of this. Their people obviously don't give a rat's... behind about a little thing called GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE. This was a CHRISTMAS GIFT. Refunding the purchaser was not what I wanted. I wanted a working item.
    I WILL remember this KB... mark my words! :mad: [face_devil]

EDIT: Well, looks like I was wrong. My review hasn't been posted. Which says to me that KB screens all the reviews and doesn't actually post REAL reviews, only the ones that give the product high marks. Yet another reason to not do business with them again. :mad:
    The review you mentioned was a sycophantic glowing review of the product. Don't know why you bothered to point THAT out. ?[face_plain]
    BTW, the thing STILL shows up as "IN-STOCK". [face_plain]

8. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Jack_T_Chance, you shouldn't have returned it to kbtoys.com... you probably should have dealt directly with Master Replicas...

9. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, of course I know that NOW!
    But I'd heard of people having a lot of problems dealing direct with MR...
    things taking too long, etc.
    But next time (If there IS a next time), that's what I'll end up doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.