main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin from slave to slaver!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth_Tonga, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Tonga

Darth_Tonga Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 15, 2003
    I was thinking about anakin's life. And realised he never really became free. He was owned by Gardola the hut then Watto then thought he was free when Qui-Gon took him. Only to be enslaved by thr rules of the jedi order. He then broke away from them by joining the sith. Then got enslaved by the darkside and the emperor. Then afer some time along with the emperor became a slaver of the galaxie. He became what he hated. Till he finally realized how to truely become free in the end.

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Good thoughts Tonga but I belive he was always a slave. Palpatine enslaved him the most not only was Vader manipulated to serve Palps but he is also living in a suit that keeps him alive. He is a prisoner in his own mask. Even his face is enslaved by the mask. So at the end of ROTJ Vader has freed himself of Palps by killing him and finally he has Luke remove his helmet which his also symbolic of his oppression. The Mask is like a symbol of his being a slave and it oppresses his very soul. Finally Luke free's his body and soul from a life of being a slave. He in my opinion was never a slaver Palps controlled him and so he was the slaver!

3. Darth_Tonga

Darth_Tonga Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 15, 2003
    I forgot about the mask as his slaver.

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Anakin says when he is free he will come back and rescue all of the slaves. He never becomes free and that is why he never frees them.

Darth Seldon

5. orangefuzz

orangefuzz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2003
    Yeah you're right. So he didn't lie when he said that, he just never got the chance to. It all depends on your POV though I suppose.

6. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    Yeop, Anakin always had a MASTER.

7. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Until he threw Palpatine down the shaft, at any rate.

8. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I feel that Qui-gon did free him. For if not for Qui-gon he would still be on Tatooine.

9. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    Anakin was always enslaved he was never free. very true.

10. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    One could say that when he threw Palpatine down the shaft on the 2nd Death Star, he "freed" the galaxy from Palpatine's tyranny....

11. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That's a good point.

12. Blackthorpe

Blackthorpe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    You never know, he could free the slaves on Tatooine in Ep3. I kinda doubt he cares anymore, but it's possible.

Qui-Gon didn't free Anakin, because he still always had a master, Obi-Wan. He became a kind of slave to the Force, then to Palpatine.

13. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    Qui-Gon didn't free Anakin, because he still always had a master, Obi-Wan. He became a kind of slave to the Force, then to Palpatine.

This begs the question if anybody's really free in SW. Isn't everybody slave to something or another? Amidala to politics. Jedi to the Force. Senate to greediness. Palpatine to his own twisted mind.

Aunecah

14. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I agree with your first post, Tonga. Vader was a slave his entire life until the minute or two before he died.

15. Blackthorpe

Feb 6, 2003
    This begs the question if anybody's really free in SW. Isn't everybody slave to something or another? Amidala to politics. Jedi to the Force. Senate to greediness. Palpatine to his own twisted mind.

Aunecah

I was going to say Han Solo isn't, but then I realized that even he is a slave to money.

16. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "He became a kind of slave to the Force..."

I always felt people served the Force, rather than being enslaved to it. It's a free-will thing, I always thought.

17. Blackthorpe

Feb 6, 2003
    That may not be how Anakin looks at it though. He didn't choose to be the Chosen One. He feels like he is being held back, much like when he was a slave.

18. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    "Anakin says when he is free he will come back and rescue all of the slaves. He never becomes free and that is why he never frees them."

I believe this is why Lucas added those celebration scenes in ROTJ where people are seen celebrating on Coruscant and Cloud City. They were once slaves of the Empire, and as a result of Vader's final action (or was it Anakin's first action of 20 years?), they were free. Ultimately, Anakin DID free all the slaves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.