main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL ANAKIN HANGAR/DOOKU/YODA FIGURES

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by ILVIKINGSFAN11, Apr 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILVIKINGSFAN11

ILVIKINGSFAN11 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    Did anyone find Anakin - Hangar Battle, the regualar count Dooku (not deluxe) and YOda? Rebelscum said they'd be in the wave out tonight and I couldn't find them..or any clonetroopers or the red emperor's guards??? did anyone find these? I went to 2 Toys R Us stores...North Riverside and then I drove to Orland Park..

2. ScoobyDew

ScoobyDew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2000
    As far as I could tell, the following figures were in VERY short supply at the TRU in South Milwaukee (hey, it was the closest TRU midnight store):

Royal Guard? (Coruscant Security) #19
    Anakin Skywalker? (Hangar Duel) #22
    Yoda? (Jedi Master) #23
    Taun We? (Kamino? Cloner) #25
    Luminara Unduli? (Jedi Master) #26
    Count Dooku? (Dark Lord) #27

I might have seen one regular Dooku, but otherwisex I saw none of the above. Granted, we waited to go in until all the line went in (it was freakin' cold out). But I'm sure there'll be plenty of the hard to find ones soon enough. Now, the variants with the insert backs....now that's a different story (see sites like www.sirstevesguide.com or www.rebelscum.com for more info on that). It's late, and I have to (ugh) work tomorrow.

3. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    I was given the chance to root through all the boxes a local KB on Monday evening, and there were no Yoda's in the shipment.

~H~

4. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Looking through the case breakdowns on rebelscum today, I notice that Yoda, Ani Hanger, Lumina and Dooku were all packed in the same case. Take a wild guess what case was NOT present in Niles this morning.

Now - was that case even shipped anywhere? That's the question.

5. KongZilla

KongZilla Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2001
    Didn't see any at Walmart on Lake Cook after Lunch today. If that's any help.

But I got my Shaak Ti which is all I really wanted. :)

6. madchimp

madchimp Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    Yup---I was at the Niles TRU and they had none of the mentioned figs. There were only a VERY FEW Zam Weesals and Clone Troopers!! And as far as the Clone Troopers went---it seemed like three guys had all of them----dang hoarders! But no worry guys----WIZARDS Star Wars Sight has both Zam and the Clone Trooper for sale---with free shipping!! Hurry they still had some left as of this post!!

Rich

7. KongZilla

Mar 29, 2001
    I didn't go to last night's SW Midnight Madness. But I have an Idea that I think I'll send to Toys R Us, Hasbro and Lucasfilm.

As much as I find it funny to see people scramble around in the toy store desperate to get their mitts on the latest Star Wars toys, wouldn't something slightly more organized be a lot more efficient and cause less damage to that precious packaging that we all know collectors cherish. Something along the lines of handing out tokens that will guarantee the person standing in line a full set of Star Wars toys released that evening. Then they could all walk up and be handed the full set of figures and if there happens to be one or two they don't want they could always choose to not purchase them. None of this buy them all or none at all deal. Then, for those obsessed with having 30 of the same figure let them into the rest of the display to purchase as many as they like. Since only certain stores participated in this go around of Midnight Madness this should be a lot easier to organize as well.

So, that's my idea which I'm sure, because it's fair and efficient, will be ignored by the suits.

8. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I got 2 extra Zam's for fellow Forcers that I'll sell AT COST ($5.88+tax [WALMART PRICE] ) First come first serve, e-mail me:
    boshtalk@aol.com

Also, after going to 2 stores last night (midnite @ Orland, 1pm @ Burbank) and then 3 different TRU's today, 3 K-Marts 2 Walmarts & finally a K-B, the only NON-COMMON figs I got were 4 Zams at Walmart (Roosevelt), 2 Yodas, 2 Anakin Hangers and 3 Clone-Troopers (@Kay-B).

9. the_multiman

the_multiman Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Hey, Bosh I was at Orland too. How'd you like how they "threw out" the Clone Troopers and the like?

"HEYYY! OVER HEEEERRRE!" 8-}

10. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Cool, you remember Darth Astuart an I doing the "Over Here!" bit. Sweet!

11. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, yes, thank you. the "Ovah Heeah! Help! Pleease!" is indeed my trademark imitation. I am a gifted mimic, but Anthony Daniels is perhaps my greatest.

I'm also thrilled to announce that JediJeff and myself will have our own signing table at Celebration II. Jeff will be signing stills from his landmark WGN appearance, and I will be signing naked body parts. Female, preferably.

12. JediLars

JediLars Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Well folks I have had some luck up here in MN. I joined the midnight madness and did even get on TV.(Breif shot, but I saw it this AM) Anyway, I am only needing to add the royal guard, Taun We, and Luminara Unduli. Any how, I hope everyone has luck in finding what they needed. Hasbro said that they were going to make sure that there were going to be enough figures for everyone.

JediLars

13. ILVIKINGSFAN11

Mar 20, 2002
    Dammit Dammit Dammit!! I cannot find Dooku anywhere..or the Emperors Royal Guard or the Jedi who is like #27 on the list!!! I have literally been to like seven stores tonight looing for these guys.

What is going on with these figures?? I know someone in here just said they got the Royal Guard and the Jedi...but what about Dooku? Some dude I saw in Walmart said that they left Dooku out of all the batches shipped to this area and he said they left other figures out of batches in different areas..hes gotta be around somewhere cause all the rapists are on ebay charging like $40 bucks or so...whats up with that..if anyone has a location of Count Dooku please let me know b4 I go nuts and turn to the Dark Side!!! :)

[Wuher]No spoilers, no spoilers! [/end Wuher]

Please start a new thread with ***spoilers*** in the title. Thanks.

14. the_multiman

Mar 10, 2002
    Yeah, I remember the "Over Here" bit! Funny. :D When everyone was yelling "Clone Trooper" for the TRU employees to throw out, I yelled "Jar-Jar!". Someone else yelled "Throw it back!" :(

Poor Jar-Jar! ;)

ILVIIKINGFAN: What ever you do DO NOT READ THE BACK OF THE CARDS!!!!! There are major spoilers there. Even on figures that you don't think there are going to be spoilers on. For example: Jar-Jar. Seriously, he has a major spoiler and I totally didn't expect him to. DON'T READ ANYTHING!

15. ILVIKINGSFAN11

Mar 20, 2002
    What does it say on the back of Jar Jar's card?? Im curious now...if someone could email me .. VIKINGMIKE84@aol.com..

I Think the dark side has just corrupted me..just sold a yoda for $30.00 on ebay..im evil..

16. gharyz

gharyz Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2002
    Just got back from Kay-bee (K*B?)in Niles/the Golf Mill Shopping Center. They have LOADS of Yodas and Hanger Anakins. No basic Count Dookus, though. Just checked www.kbtoys.com and it's not there either.

17. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    No eBay scalping ever. If you are gonna do it, don't talk about it. No matter how big a fan you are, don't scalp. Hit tradefederation.net and find someone there to trade with. Or keep an eye out for people that might need it and sell it to them AT COST + tax plus actual shipping charges.

But don't scalp. That's a sure way to get very hated around here.

18. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Amen to JJ13

19. KongZilla

Mar 29, 2001
    Could someone please delete the spoiler above. Please! I didn't read it because of the warning so thankx for that, but come on. It's just not right to tempt us unspoiled people. :D

20. the_multiman

Mar 10, 2002
    Do you mean by mentioning who has a major spoiler in stead of just saying that the card backs have spoilers in general? LOL. I didn't mean to tease. Though I do think it does build up the excitement for the movie. ;)

I am willing to alter my post if others agree that I might be spoiling a bit. I'm not here to make enemies. :)

21. KongZilla

Mar 29, 2001
    I don't want to be a whiner either. :D I had to restrain myself from watching that damn Video the other day. AAAAAGH!! If everyone agrees that it's not that big a deal I don't care. :) Thanx for caring though.

22. the_multiman

Mar 10, 2002
    You aren't viewing official releases like trailers and videos? WOW! :eek: That's really hardcore! I don't think I could go that cold turkey from spoilers. WOW! I'm impressed.

23. JediJeff13

Nov 27, 2000
    THe rule is: if you are going to tell a detailed spoiler, it must be noted in the title of the thread. You chould not throw a spoiler in the middle of a thread, even if you preface it. Keep all spoilers in thread with the heading "SPOLIERS".

Thank you, I go in peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.