Anakin meaning

Discussion in 'Houston, TX' started by jarjar059, Aug 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jarjar059 Jedi Padawan

Does anybody know the meaning Anakin name.. I want to use this name for I have a son
  2. crystala Jedi Knight

star 1
  3. Briareos Jedi Knight

star 1
    Most of those explanations seem stretched. While many of the themes Lucas used were mythological in origin (hero quest, dark vs light, etc) I'm just skeptical of a lot of those name meanings. If anyone has quotes of Lucas expounding on names, I'd be much less skeptical of that kind of evidence.
  4. crystala Jedi Knight

star 1
    I did have a problem with some of the possible meanings of the names, but I had trouble finding a place where Lucas actually said himself what alot of them meant..or even if alot of them had meanings. I figured I'd throw them out there for now since I didn't know if they were all just possible theories or if some of them were the actual meanings of the names.

I know I had a problem with some of the meanings that were based in mythology..since they didn't have them right.

5. yoda4982 Force Ghost

star 4
    I do know that for all the Sith names, he derived them from Latin, and for luke, that did come from Lucas...but he did it becasue it ment light or something light, and Leia does mean medow, that is why the medow scene was in AOTC, thats about it though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.