main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin my friend,you need some tips on seduction

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by SW3TheHolidaySpecial, Jun 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

SW3TheHolidaySpecial Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    well,at least something was ignited.

2. Bresson

Bresson Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
    Maybe someone covered this on this thread previously, but I can't remember, so here goes:

Does a guy have to change his tactic if he knows a girl's interested but is playing hard to get? Anakin certainly seems more like a obsessive stalker type at the beginning of the film than he does during the Tatooine sequences. Probably why I like the second half better. But if a woman plays hard to get, doesn't that compel a guy to drop a the suave lines and make a decision whether this is worth making another run at or whether it's a hopeless cause and it's time to move on. The whole thing feels like that Foreigner song, 'Head Games'. Everyone plays them.

Ok, I know, I know. I drink too much coffee.

3. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

Oct 19, 2001
    My opinion is that when a girl is interested.DO NOT CHANGE!If she likes what she see's she will continue to be interested.If she's playing hard to get I suggest you do the same.If a girl see's a change in you she may see something she may not like,so changing your tactic is risky.

DO NOT TURN INTO ANAKIN!

It will be your downfall!If she wants to play the game,you,like her,should be having fun with it.I believe that maybe Padme is playing head games with Anakin in the movie...but he totally gives in to it like a chump!I've had girls be interested in me and then I went all sappy on them and...no girl to be had.

However feel free to change tactic with different girls.Feel free to experiment.

:)The Special has spoken! :)

4. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

Oct 19, 2001
    Bresson come back and tell me what happenned!The suspense is killing me!

5. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    My opinion is that when a girl is interested.DO NOT CHANGE!

I think that's the antithesis of being a guy. We must sabotage anything that looks remotely promising. -- Like Anakin! (there, I even tied it into the topic) ;)

6. Bresson

May 16, 2002
    The key is to have a full life (work, friends, hobbies, activities, a good little black book) and not get stuck on one person. Anakin's problem was that he had no life because those damn, uptight Jedis wouldn't let him out of the house. So he takes one look at Natalie Portman's naked back and loses his mind. Who wouldn't?

The sad truth is that I used to get as attached to ONE GIRL as much as Anakin did, so I can identify with some of that. All my friends kept saying to me, "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" and 'plenty of fish in the sea'. But there was always something about that one person that just fixated me. Ok, I had emotional issues when I was a lad. The important thing is that I realized that as badly as you ache for someone, it all eventually gets better ('dreams fade in time' as Obi would say) and tomorrow is another day, etc. I can't emphasize the value of socializing and meeting new people. You realize how unimportant those unrequited loves really were. Fixating on one person is a natural part of growing up, and so is realizing that if they reject you, it's there loss, not your's. Moving on can be a great feeling, too.

7. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    In any relationship, the person who cares the least has the most power. This is a basic fact of human interaction. Being able to demonstrate that you do not need a prospective mate makes you look more attractive in the eyes of said prospective mate because it implies that you have options open. You can afford to be selective.

And that's a basic problem with the Anakin/Padme relationship as portrayed in AOTC. It's hard to picture Padme choosing such a weak-willed, needy mate.

8. Bresson

May 16, 2002
    Exactly, Jabba,

By having options, by having a fuller life than fixating on one person, it gives you an incredible sense of empowerment, and, thus, makes you more attractive. These things do seem to work hand in hand.

9. jedi678

jedi678 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    i know this has nothing to do w/ this entire post but this is my despret plee for attention some go to my post it's called padme=obi=luke and leia thanx a bunch
    jedi678

10. jedi678

jedi678 Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
  11. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

Oct 19, 2001
    some guys never get it,they never change and are forever cursed with lonliness becuase they're convinced playing the "nice guy" is THE way to a womans heart.

When ya get burned,you gotta change and learn.

12. Jedi_Knight_Satine

Jedi_Knight_Satine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2002
    If you're not mr. nice guy and only act it some day (soon) it will burn your ass.

ps. don't treat a girl like crap in fron of your friends and then sweetly when it is only her. That leads to one thing :fast breakup.

Hi everyone! I'm back in this heated discussion.

13. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

Oct 19, 2001
    Satine is back!Yes!

Anyway Satine while I agree that SHOULD result in fast breakup it often does not.Many women get treated like crap by their boyfriends and STILL stick with them.I know a girl like this right now.I used to try to talk sense into girls like that but sense then I've realized such a noble gesture is useless.

14. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Well some girls are very insecure and think that their world will colaspe if the jerkhead they're with leaves. Also some women think they can CHANGE them. Which most of the time they don't and they leave.

15. anakin-player

anakin-player Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2002
    However feel free to change tactic with different girls.Feel free to experiment.

SW3

The needy technique that Anakin used might actually work on some girls. You make a good point because we need to change techniques for different people. There is no one technique that will work all the time.

16. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Right on target. Everybody is different, everybody has different likes and that includes pick up lines.

17. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

Oct 19, 2001
    well pick up lines usually won't do you any good but I often find that they are at least humorous and I enjoy hearing them.

18. Bresson

May 16, 2002
    "Well some girls are very insecure and think that their world will colaspe if the jerkhead they're with leaves"

It's called emotional dependency/insecurity. I met a girl a few months back who I was somewhat attracted to, until she began to talk about her last relationship. It was basically with a guy who was a wealthy entrepreneur, who basically used her as a booty call, would blatantly tell her he was going out to clubs with his friends and not invite her, would cheat on her with his ex, and even gave her a SDT. But she kept going back to him. All he had to do was call her and sniffle in the phone a little and she'd take him back...and he'd do it all over again. I was empathetic with her at first, then just got tired when she kept calling me and saying that she needed to be with him because he made her feel important. She refused to listen when I told her she was being used. Needless to say, I don't speak to her anymore.

Emotional dependency...what a drag. It brings me back to my original point about having a full, complete life and not putting all your eggs in one basket.

Welcome back, Satine.

19. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Some pickup lines are so funny that when someone tells you one milk goes out of your nose and then the person would probably back off. Does anyone have any funny ones out there. I've already done my hell one.

20. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

Oct 19, 2001
    I hate when girls are like that,when they clearly are hurting themselves over and over again.I hate how easy some people are manipulated.It's quite depressing.

21. Bresson

May 16, 2002
    "I lost my phone number. Can I have your's?"

22. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Aw. That's such a sad story Bresson! I feel so bad for her. Some girls have to realize that there is 'Always a bigger fish'*.

Glad to be back.

*Qui-Gon Jinn said this in TPM just in case you didn't know.

23. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    Cool! We posted at the same time!

24. Jedi_Knight_Satine

May 5, 2002
    I was watching a tape of Mad TV and just heard the STUPIDEST pick up line (yet it is funny)

Girl: What are you doing tonight?
    Guy: You, baby.

That one worked on her but I think it was just because (fake)Michael Jackson's way didn't work.

25. SW3TheHolidaySpecial

Oct 19, 2001
    Pick up lines are almost always funny but also almost always offensive to women.They are a guaranteed way to turn a woman off fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.