main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Anakin 'n' Tahiri's Place

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Gr8terThanSumOfParts, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    How goes the new issue, Tahi?

Did you get any help, G_Anakin? I haven't read Fury yet, so I couldn't help.

2. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I'd be happy to help review. I couldn't work on any really long stories because of time contraints, but I'd be happy to review a one-poster, or a short story, like Tahi's "The Talk".

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Okay - sorry about the long absence. First Christmas and New Year and then the horrors of the start of the work year, and back to having no boss - so having to do 1.5 jobs again. It's like Groundhog Day! ;)

Anyway - enough grizzling.

So far we have:
    The interview
    The New Fics Section - Big thanks to star_writer24
    The "Writers' Chit-Chat Interview - Big thanks to Pied_Piper
    A short RPG update - Big thanks to JediAlly

What we need:
    Reviews
    Artwork
    Someone to do their "Favourite Canon Passage"

brodiew
    Thanks for the query. We're getting there. LOL Albeit slowly.

G_Anakin
    I really like your idea - and I've been wondering if a number of us could contribute to an article on the way Tahiri has been portrayed since the end of the NJO. I've been researching the Force Heretic books, The Final Prophecy and TJK, and have some useful passages to work from. Would you be able to PM me the ideas you mentioned about what Jacen says about A and T?

What I think would work well would be combining my introductory piece on how Tahiri was portrayed in the NJO with your ideas - and then I'd like to have some other opinions in as well. Of course I would make sure everyone's ideas were credited to them, and cite them properly. :)

So everyone - could you PM me any thoughts you have on this topic:
    What is your opinion of the way Tahiri has been written in the Dark Nest and the Legacy of the Force series?

Don't feel you need to write some kind of essay - an' no need to write propah or anyfing ;) Just bang your ideas down and send them to me. The more material we have, the more interesting it will be. :)

The challenge
    Pied_Piper has gallantly agreed to take this over as Whitey is unable to do it any more. Whitey - thanks so much for doing such a fantastic job for Anahiri [:D] You are da bomb. :)

Kick - let us know if you need help at all with the challenge and feel free to ask for volunteers.

Yoda - are you still able to judge? Or is RL holding you captive. No problem if you're too busy. :)

Lonewolf - I'd be honoured if you wanted to review The Talk. But just do any of the new stories that you want to - and yes a short story or songfic review would be wonderful. :)

Anyone else want to do a review of one of the new stories? There are lots of new ones, so just choose one and go for it. And then either PM it to me or email it to me at candi.young@stonebow.otago.ac.nz

In the last issue we featured cover art. So if you have new covers for stories posted since then could you send me the links?

Has anyone seen any artwork at all that has either A or T in it?

I think that's all for the time being.

4. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Good news! I have found two lovely new artists who have very kindly allowed us to post their work. The extra good thing is that they have quite diverse styles - so you are all in for a treat. :)

Remember to read the post above and send me any thoughts on the article topic. Also - remember: reviews, reviews, reviews. ;)

And did I mention reviews?

5. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Quote Tahi

Good news! I have found two lovely new artists who have very kindly allowed us to post their work. The extra good thing is that they have quite diverse styles - so you are all in for a treat.

[:D] [face_dancing] This is why your one Baaaadddd Mamma! [face_devil] I wish I could have helped with the fanart Master, but I can't draw squat...I mean I can't draw stick people..:p

Remember to read the post above and send me any thoughts on the article topic. Also - remember: reviews, reviews, reviews.

And did I mention reviews?

I spoke to Wes, and he and I will judge the Challenge. I'm looking forward to it. [:D]

~Piper :)

6. Morgoth_The_Enemy

Morgoth_The_Enemy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 10, 2003
    I decided that this needed an up since everyone needs to see it!

*Blames Tahi for directing him here*

So...exactly what do I do now?

Morgoth :)

7. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello Morgoth, and welcome! [:D]

I'm Tahi's apprentice and am on staff here at Anahiri If you want to get involved or have any question please feel free to PM me. And, please, call me Kick. :)

8. Gr8terThanSumOfParts

Gr8terThanSumOfParts Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2004
    Okay troops - the magazine is looking good. All we need are reviews, chit-chat and somebody to write about their favourite canon passage. Any takers?

I need more chit-chat from writers - so please send me a blurb about your current stories that feature either A/T or A and T by themselves. This is your chance to advertise your A/T stuff - remember you can include links to your stories/songfics etc and also a short excerpt if you like. The more the merrier. As it's been a year since we last posted, you can include anything written in that time frame.

If you new cover art - send me that, too. :)

Also you still have time to send me your thoughts on the DN and LotF portrayal of Tahiri. So far I have some material from Thrawn, Kidan, JediAlly, TahiriSoloFan and Morgoth. If you've sent me opinions and your name is not there - can you PM me as I may have put your piece in the wrong folder. I'm running off three computers at present so things sometimes get lost! (Especially when you're ditzy like me!)

That's about it. So just in summary, we need:
    Reviews
    Chit-Chat
    Opinions
    Favourite passage
    :)

9. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Reviews - check - 2 done and more intending to :p
    Chit-Chat - nothing written in the past year :(
    Opinions - I might think of something - maybe ;)
    Favourite passage - check - done :)

- Troop Mags :p

10. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    You're a wee cracker, Mags. And you're going to fill the favourite passage slot? Cool. :) Thanks.

In that case - all we need now is chit-chat and any cover art done in the last year. And if anyone wants to do reviews - please go ahead. Any A and/or T fic written in the last year will qualify.

Kidan - do you have cover art?

11. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    These favorite canon passages you're talking about - are they to come from the movies, or can they be from a comic or a novel.

12. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    you are too kind :p [:D]
    well, I mailed you all but found out that I missed out some stuff [face_blush]
    you will get a revisited version soon!

since the passage should be with Anakin or Tahiri or both of them it is a novel ... not sure if there is a comic with them [face_thinking] :)

13. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    check yer pm box

14. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Oh. I thought it was a passage in general, not specifically associated with Anakin and/or Tahiri. And only Anakin appeared in the comics.

15. Gr8terThanSumOfParts

Jan 27, 2004
    Got them thanks, Kidan. :) Replied to you with a draft of the article to check over.

JA
    Yes - it has to be a passage from one of the profic books that is either about Anakin or Tahiri or both. So it would be your favourite A or T focused passage. :)

Hey there Mags - thanks. I appreciate all the work you're doing. [:D]

16. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    JediAlly:
    well, I have not read any comics [face_blush]

Tahi:
    you are doing far more work [:D] thank you [:D]

17. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I wish there were some A/T comics. That would be very cool. [face_love]

Mags - thanks. It's fun though seeing it all come together. :)

Everyone:
    If you're writing an A and/or T story at present - remember to PM me just a wee blurb about it for the Chit-Chat section. Just a link and a sentence or two will do - and an excerpt if you like. :)

18. Gr8terThanSumOfParts

Jan 27, 2004
    Hi everyone - we have all we need now for the next issue. Look for it to be posted either tomorrow or the next day. :)

As an extra this time, we have - thanks to Maggy - an Index to the first 5 issues of Anahiri. If you're looking for a piece of artwork for your desktop or maybe your wall, or if you're looking for an A/T story to read - here's the very thing for you.

Thanks, Mags - you're a wee gem. :)

19. Gr8terThanSumOfParts

Jan 27, 2004
    Index to Anahiri: Issues 1-5
    ~compiled by Maggy~

Reviewed so far

First issue: ? page 10 (set 25ppp)

Imperial-Hippy's Promise To Live. I love you by Maggy
    Jaya Solo?s I Hove You by Tahi
    SkalenFehl?s Life Debt by Wild_Phoenix
    YodaKenobi's Revolution by Maggy

Second issue ? page 13 (set 25ppp)

EH_Pilot?s A Boy No Longer: The Path of the Chosen by Imperial-Hippy
    JDH3's The Sith Insurrection by YodaKenobi
    Thrawn McEwok's Dark Paths by Tahi

Third issue ? page 17 (set 25ppp)

Courtney_Solo?s Left Behind by Tahi
    Imperial_Hippy?s Bikini by Courtney_Solo
    Tahi's Many Happy Returns by YodaKenobi
    YodaKenobi's The Eighth Cortex by Maggy

Fourth issue ? page 23 (set 25ppp)

J_K_Dart?s The Darkness Shaped by G_Anakin
    Jedi_Knight_Satine?s The Chosen One by G_Anakin
    LosDosMos?s Echoes by Tahi
    Marsa?s No-one Is Alone: The Gift by G_Anakin

Fifth issue ? page 27 (set 25ppp)

Jedi-Ant?s Sacrifice by G_Anakin
    Qui_Xux?s One Thousand Tears by Tahi
    Rebel_Radio?s Reverse Situation by Courtney_Solo
    Thrawn McEwok?s Black Leather Blonde by Jedi-Ant
    YodaKenobi?s The Living Force by Maggy

Challenge Overview

?an itsy-bitsy-teeny-weeny-yellow-polka-dot-bikini? challenge:

Winner entry:
    Bikini Detective by Tahi

Participated:
    Attention by Kidan
    Bikini by Imperial-Hippy
    Death by Bikini by JDH3
    Do you seriously want me to wear that? by Jaya Solo
    Tango by Thrawn McEwok
    The Latest Craze by Maggy
    There is no Death; there is the Force by Kissa

?a japor snippet? challenge

Winner entry:
    Echoes by LosDosMos

Participated:
    A Piece of Japor by Kidan
    My Treasure by Courtney_Solo
    Symbiosis by Artanis
    The Lovers by Thrawn McEwok
    The Meaning of Friendship by Tahi

?dinner and a show? challenge

Winner entry:
    Dinner and a Show by Kidan

Participated:
    The Kiss by Courtney_Solo

?a great moment in Anakin?s life ? without Tahiri? challenge

No entries yet ? at least I did not find any

?not for the eyes of younglings? challenge ? no winner chosen yet

Kin by Thrawn McEwok
    My Immortal by Courtney_Solo
    Not for the eyes of younglings by Tahi
    Practice Makes Perfect by Jedi-Ant

?A need for discretion? chal

20. Gr8terThanSumOfParts

Jan 27, 2004
  21. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hey there, troops. :) The magazine is almost ready to post - thanks to all of you who helped for a magnificent effort. =D=

I just want to run my eye over it again so will be posting it later this evening - after my daughter's school interview. (!!!!) LOL

I'm going to post the cover and the index now - and then post some place markers and add in the rest of the mag later on. :)

22. Gr8terThanSumOfParts

Jan 27, 2004
    [image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2236/2376254825_b5a0a073fe_o.jpg]

23. Gr8terThanSumOfParts

Jan 27, 2004
    In This Issue

Editorial by Tahi

Interview . . . THE_PIED_PIPER by Tahi

Fanfic Reviews:
    imperial77's The Lovers by Maggy
    Jedi-Ant's Holocaust by YodaKenobi
    Kidan?s Jedi Adept Series 1-3 by Tahi
    Lonewolf89?s Red Sky by Tahi
    Maggy?s Dear Qahsa by YodaKenobi
    Morgoth_The_Enemy?s Homecoming by YodaKenobi
    star_writer24's Reconciled: The End and Reconciled: Dark Revelations by Tahi
    Tahi's The Talk by YodaKenobi
    Thrawn McEwok's It is by YodaKenobi
    YodaKenobi's Age of Heroes by Maggy

Inspired by the Mus(e)ic: Tahiri-Riina artwork ? by kecen

Feature Article
    Desperately Seeking Tahiri by Tahi

And this month's challenge is . . .
    Here?s a clue: THE_PIED_PIPER has gone Bantam. Find out what this means and you will be ready to face the challenge.

Thanks for the memory
    Maggy shares her favourite Anakin and Tahiri moment.

We heard it on the grapevine
    More updates from the RPG Forum by JediAlly

Reconciled: Dark Revelations ? cover art by star_writer24

And they keep on coming
    star_writer24 offers a tempting menu of recent additions to the Anakin Solo and Tahiri Veila corpus

Spirit and Sprite ? artwork by Glitbiter

Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away . . .
    More chit-chat from some of the writers, and THE_PIED_PIPER puts Qwi Xux in the interview seat.

Path in the Dark ? cover art by Kidan

The usual suspects
    Who does what in Anahiri: Sound and Silence

[hl=purple][b]Editorial[/b][/hl]
    [color=purple]Two makes great company![/color]

[i]Happy birthday to you,
    You were one now you're two,
    Happy birthday [color=blue]Anahiri[/color],
    Happy birthday to you.

Apologies for the somewhat tasteless verse, but hey, a little celebration never harmed anyone; for here we are with another year under our belts and more A&T goodness to share with you all. And believe me, there is a generous serving of their special goodness in this issue with plenty of reviews, some magical artwork and a few interviews and articles to provoke discussion and hopefully more stories ? about Anakin and Tahiri, of course.

The two interviewees in this issue are THE_PIED_PIPER and Qwi Xux, who have kindly agreed to being interr-, er I mean encouraged to share their thoughts about both Star Wars and our favourite couple. We're also excited to be able to present two new artists to you along with their amazing A/T pieces, and we hope that maybe you'll pop over to the Fan Art Forum and take a look at some of their other works. You'll be in for a treat if you do.

JediAlly has some more news from the world of RPG, and, Tahi grabs her macrobinoculars and goes exploring in an effort to find Tahiri amongst the mangled portrayals in both the Dark Nest and Legacy of the Force series. You have a bad feeling about this? Discover the prognosis in the feature article, and feel free to post your own thoughts in the thread.

On a more positive note ? in fact, a very happy note - we can offer you a massive helping of reviews this time. Ten, in fact. The review team of Maggy, Tahi and YodaKenobi got a bit carried away ? but they had a lot of fun; and we fully expect you will, too, when you follow the links and sample the works yourselves. One thing Star Wars never lacks is variety, a fact that star_writer24 endorses with her list of new additions to the A/T corpus. Star_writer24 ha

24. Gr8terThanSumOfParts

Jan 27, 2004
    Interview with . . . THE_PIED_PIPER
    ~by Tahi~

The interviewee this time is an avid Star Wars reader and recently turned writer, who also happens to be, among many interesting things, an advocate for animals in need of rescue. A native of Tennessee who moved to Texas when she was nine, and recently returned to her home ground, she is a dyed-in-the-wool Anakin fan and an enthusiastic member of the Anahiri team. I?m lucky enough, and very proud, to have her as my padawan ? and I?m looking forward to this opportunity to let her tell you a little bit about herself and her thoughts about Anakin and Star Wars in general. I?m sure you?ve guessed by now that I?m talking about THE_PIED_PIPER; so pull up a chair and join us as we explore the subjects we all hold dear.

So, Kick, what got you into Star Wars at the start - and then how did you find your way to TFN?

Well, I was born in 1976, the year before the original release. As a one year old, my parents took my sister and me to the drive-through to see A New Hope, which was just Star Wars then. Of course I was too young to remember that, but my sister who was 9, was hooked. So there were a lot of Star Wars items in our home. Three years later when I was four, we went to see The Empire Strikes Back. And that I remember vividly; I sat on my father's lap. I particularly remember Vader and Luke fighting on the ledge at Bespin, with all of that wind. So I guess Star Wars has always been there, I was just lucky enough to be born in that time span when it was absolutely everywhere.

[face_laugh] I can remember going to the roller rink when I was, like, 5 and they would play the disco version of the main Star Wars theme; it was great!

For my 10th birthday in 1986, I was given a copy of Splinter of the Mind?s Eye, and I instantly loved the EU, even though I'm not sure if it was called that then. I continued with Zahn's awesome work, and most of the other New Republic era books, and then one day I picked up The Crystal Star, and that's when my love for Star Wars went up several notches, because of a certain blue-eyed youngster. That affection was cemented when I read The Golden Globe.

After Star by Star I stopped reading canon for a long time. Finally, I missed the characters too much, and couldn't take it anymore. I did a google search for Anakin Solo fan fiction. I found the literature forums at TFN, and a lot of other great sites, but didn't join right away. But now to be "sitting" here with one of the greatest Anakin fans is truly great, Tahi, thank you.

Believe me, the pleasure is all mine, and I think I?m just one of many Anakin fans, all of whom are great by sheer stint of being Anakin fans. And gosh, you know, I remember reading Splinter of the Mind?s Eye, too. It?s quite funny now to think about the way they changed the direction of the profic storyline after RotJ. [face_laugh] Other than Zahn's books - which books of that Bantam Books era stood out for you?

Wow. Tough one. I really enjoyed almost all of them. But I would have to say the Corellian and Black Fleet trilogies. I love those books, I still read through them whenever possible.

[Tahi smiles lovingly as she thinks about the Corellian trilogy.] I have to admit to not really liking The Crystal Star, but I agree it had some good stuff about Anakin in it. What was it specifically about Anakin's portrayal in that book that you liked?

I think a lot of it is his age, and the cookie crumbs around his mouth. And of course the "No Krakana, Jaya". [face_love]

I think Hethrir summed it up with the one of the most enduring statements about Anakin Solo: "As I hoped, as I expected from the Skywalker line".

Golly, you?re making a good argument for that book. I might have to revise my opinion. ;) I guess no book is altogether bad really. But anyway, picking up on your earlier reply to what

25. Gr8terThanSumOfParts

Jan 27, 2004
    A note from the editor:

Recently I was browsing in the Art Forum and I discovered two artists ? kecen and Glitbiter - whose work really impressed me. They have quite different styles, which is what makes them so interesting in my book, as diversity is something that I truly believe we should celebrate and encourage. What is more, both have produced some art pieces that involve Anakin and Tahiri, and, it gets better, they have both agreed to let Anahiri post these works.

So may I first of all introduce kecen?s wonderful, quirky and highly original images of Tahiri/Riina.

[hl=purple][b] Inspired by the Mus(e)ic: Tahiri-Riina artwork[/b][/hl]
    [color=purple]~by kecen~[/color]

[b]kecen[/b] says:
    [i]"There was an absence of Riina art, so I made a picture of "Hungry Riina" to a song called "Her Song" by Hungry Lucy, with Riina in green armor (it was very peaceful music). The band also did another fitting song called "Bed of Flames". Riina is holding a notebook, a reference to a line in "Short Stories With Tragic Endings", also by From Autumn to Ashes."[/i]

[image=http://www.omgimages.net/img/3101/27712.jpg]

Personally I love the semi-mermaid-like quality in this ?Hungry Riina? sketch, and the wistful expression in Riina?s face. And I was especially interested to hear that [b]kecen[/b] finds ideas and inspiration through music. I think that quite a few of us would agree that music is a very good ?muse? and a great mood-setter.

About the second picture, [b]kecen[/b] says:
    [i]"I was idly doodling Tahiri. Well actually, this is a far more refined sketch than I would usually do. I was doodling her and started drawing patterns on her clothing, and soon her hands turned into claws. There's a song called "Autumn's Monologue" by From Autumn to Ashes that reminded me of a Riina/Anakin fic Vongchild wrote."[/i]

[image=http://www.omgimages.net/img/3101/38966.jpg]

Boy, I wish my doodles could turn out like this! [b]kecen[/b] ? thank you so much for letting us borrow your work. And I have to say that I love your comment about hands turning into claws as you doodled. I know a lot of us who write experience exactly the same process with characters suddenly developing in ways we hadn?t planned or predicted. It?s part of the fun ? and it suggests that the process of creating, whether it be with images or words, tends to develop a life and a dynamic of its own.

[hr]

[hl=purple][b]Feature Article[/b][/hl]
    [color=purple]~Desperately Seeking Tahiri~[/color]

[blockquote]The girl?s hands moved weakly, made a strange gesture in front of her face. Then she reached out to take Jaina?s hand.

"That?s known as [i]us-hrok[/i]," she said. "It indicates my indebtedness and loyalty to you for your help. I offer it to you not as a Yuuzhan Vong, nor as a human who knows a few foreign traditions. This is from [i]me[/i]." The girl?s certainty seemed to falter for a second, then her determination firmed. "I will be grateful to you forever, Jaina Solo, sister of the one I loved. I will always consider you family, and will protect you with my life. I vow this on my honor, with all my strength."

Jaina glanced briefly at Jag, flustered. "Thank you."

Jag, too, was thrown by the girl?s newfound confidence. Where before there had been uncertainty and doubt, now he saw strength and surety.
    [i]Reunion[/i], p228[/blockquote]

Those of you who managed to recover sufficiently from [i]Star by Star[/i] to actually pick up another NJO book may remember that passage from the third book in Sean Williams?s and Shane Dix?s Force Heretic series. It described Tahiri as she emerged from her "melding" with her Riina aspect to become not just whole again, but a confident and capable young woman with a major part to play in the ensuing battle against the Yuuzhan Vong. We see her fooling the Yuuzhan Vong Commander Vorrik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.