main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Anakin 'n' Tahiri's Place

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Gr8terThanSumOfParts, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tahiriveilax

tahiriveilax Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2008
    Nice idea :)

2. DarthWelkman

DarthWelkman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2009
    so like who is running this thread?
    Who makes the challenges official?

3. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    I had to laugh when I saw this because I had been contemplating doing the same thing with Sleeping Beauty as well for about year. I am GLAD you are doing it though because I am so behind on so many other fics and the truth is I enjoy reading other people's work better than writing my own LOL!

EDIT: So what is the official challenge and are there any deadlines etc?

4. AnakinSolo90

AnakinSolo90 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2010
    I think I'm going to die of happiness here. Which is a change since Anakin's death in NJO pretty much killed my interest in reading any further in the EU books.

I've got some stories for A/T on FFN, can I post the link to my profile here or would that be considered out of context? (Or if that doesn't work, can I just post the links to those stories here?).

5. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    That should be fine. You might also consider posting your stories here.

6. Lethar

Lethar Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 2004
    I'd post them here, too. You'll find no better way for a Star Wars FanFic to get read than by posting it here.

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    You should totally post them here! I joined the JC around the middle of the NJO, when there were plenty of "Anakin doesn't die" fics, and there aren't as many these days. I miss them!

8. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    It's time to dust off this place a bit ;)

After all those years since this unfaithful day in "Star by Star" their love is still strong and going.
    "Conviction" will be out sometime in May and then we hopefully learn about the path of Tahiri's future life. We even got a nice pretty picture of her on the cover.

9. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    up some ...
    where did the A/T fans vanish to? :confused:

10. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    *jumps in* Heeere!

I've never posted here before. But I love A/T. I haven't managed a purely A/T fic yet, but I'm working towards it. They're a lot of fun to write.

Heh. Whenever I write an AU fic these days I make sure that Anakin is alive for it, even when he doesn't appear in the story at all or it would work just as well without him. It's a thing. I dunno. I'm in denial and proud of it! :p

11. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

well, lemme know if you finally manage ;)
    and they are indeed a lot of fun to write :D

Anakin and not appearing in a story :eek: that is not possible :p ;)

Denial is a pretty country 8-}

12. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    A/T FTW!!! [face_love]

Yeah, I'm a total fan!! :D

And I've managed to bring the pair into an AU I'm working on at the moment: In the Dark. I mean, really, how can you write a story without them?

Some days I really hate profic for having killed Anakin off, but that's also when I remember that I write and then a new bunny is born! :D

Hmm... and maybe we should share some of our favourite A/T stories to get this thread hopping? [face_thinking}

~Celeste

13. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004

14. MasterGhandalf

MasterGhandalf Jedi Master star 3

Oct 25, 2009
    Long-time lurker, first-time poster, and big Anakin and Tahiri fan here! Anyway, thought I'd like to share my Tahiri centric fic "I, Warrior" which I'm in the process of finishing up and is linked from my sig- it's a post-NJO AU that diverges after TUF (since I really, really hated where the EU went with her arc after that pont- decent idea, horrible execution IMO, though I think FOTJ is at least trying to repair the damage). I'm basically trying to channel Keyes' Tahiri (as I felt he was the best NJO Tahiri writer, though I thought Allston wrote her well too, albeit in a smaller role, and Williams and Dix did a solid job with her, though Force Heretic was meh overall), and develop her arc as I felt it flowed logically from "Final Prophecy"- sadly, since it still counts "Star by Star" as canon, there's no Anakin, but I try to weave his memory and legacy throughout the story without making it out like all Tahiri ever does is angst over him. In any case, if anyone feels like talking about reading or writing NJO-era Tahiri and/or Anakin, I'm certainly up for it! :)

15. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008

Hmm. Well, if it's OK to post links ...

http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/31437004/p1/

A short look at an AU where Anakin lived through Myrkr, and he and Tahiri settled down on ZS some time after TUF. :)

And Bangor's around, because banthas, IMHO, rock. :D

- [face_peace]
    Onderon1

16. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    thanks for telling about your stories
    I hope I can eventually make time to get to them ;)

17. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    While this story follows canon up to the new novel, Ascension (and should still be canon with that), the story takes place from Tahiri's perspective entirely. A significant theme is her love for Anakin despite it being nearly 20 years after his death.

http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/31821145/p1/?17

18. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    thanks for posting the link :D
    so far I am liking your story ;) looking forward to more of it

19. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Well there is more of it. :D I'm expecting 20-odd chapters of it, an update every Tuesday.

20. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    sounds like a long project ;)

21. Niclas

Niclas Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2011
    Hi guys, hopefully this isn't out of place in this thread, but I didn't see too much discussion lately :)

After reading Star by Star recently, I was pretty upset after Anakin was killed off. I tend to agree with the points made by Scott in his book review here: http://theforce.net/books/reviews/r_star-by-star.asp

To me, it felt a bit like the wind was knocked out of the sails of the series. There was this great little ship building between Anakin and Tahiri and it felt like Anakin's character had the most forward momentum of the major characters. With him gone, things just felt flat.

I imagine that this is how a lot of the A/T 'shippers feel, so what I am wondering is, are there any A/T people out there who thought Anakin's death was appropriate and a good thing for the NJO series?

(Btw, I am only on Rebel Dream and I still don't know how things will end up so if perhaps you could give a heads up if you are going to drop a big spoiler :) )

22. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I couldn't agree more. It totally deflated the series and I feel like the EU novels have never been able to recapture what they had since.

23. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    RE: If Anakin's death was appropriate.

Up to and including the Book Star by Star, and to a certain extent to the end of the NJO, his death was appropriate.
    But since LOTF, it became more and more of a bad thing, sometimes ridiculous.

The problem is with his death, Jacen and Jaina (the Solo children) don't seem so invincible (and that's a good thing).
    but ever since Anakin's death, the authors/LucasBooks seem to be obsessed with bringing him back to life (or tease readers with illusions of such).
    They can't make up their minds whether he should be back or not, and that theme was/is being carried out too long.

About Tahiri, I was once vocal about cheering her on about how Anakin was still her one and only, and then one day I realized that it's been close to 20 years, and I got kicked in the face (by reading spoilers), about how "We were involved, there was no love in the equation" or some such... I finally realized that maybe Tahiri should have just let him go.

24. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    I think Anakin's death could have been a good thing, it just wasn't handled very well. There was too much setup on him and not enough on Jacen so the next few books were trying to play catch up. It worked to an extent but as Nic and Yobi said, the series never quite got its act back together. The sad part was that it didn't have to be like that. I've seen plenty of other works pull off similar character deaths -- lots of set up, sunken 'ships and the like -- and be much better for it.

25. Niclas

Niclas Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2011
    Darth_MU: I agree that his death definitely had me questioning whether some of the other major characters would come through or not. Especially after Mara's recovery, I thought most of the main characters would be pretty safe, but Anakin's death really shook that up for me.

As Draconarius said, there was too much set up on Anakin just to kill him off. I was expecting great things from him and Tahiri especially after the book where the one Jedi on Yavin IV said that bit about them being strong together (can't remember which one). Add that to the fact that everyone seemed to be talking about his potential for greatness, plus the whole idea of living up to/redeeming his namesake. It just seems as though a lot of really interesting ideas died with Anakin. I hope the rest of the series can make up for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.