main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Anakin 'n' Tahiri's Place

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Gr8terThanSumOfParts, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    I'm knackered... so I think I'll fall over in a moment now...

:D Thanks to YK and Red for volunteering for the index! :D :cool:

And to everyone, for everything...

- The Imperial Ewok

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    That's certainly possible. How would everyone feel about that? The downside would be that the stories wouldn't be grouped together so readers would have to dig through the thread to find a certain author's post with his or her's list of stories.

I suppose it's also possible to have a link to each person's post in the first post.

3. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thanks for thr input, Thrawn. :)

I like the Disco Lounge idea. Maybe the ByTS scrapbook could morph into a new kind of Disco Lounge?

I'm going to summarise all our discussion points - hopefully tomorrow - and then after Xmas we can go through them and consolidate. I'll send out PMs with the summary.

It sounds so far like we have quite a few possibilities for this thread, and for the Index. And a solid core of helpers.

Edit:
    So far we have:
    Yoda - Index and one of the challenge judges. :)
    Mags - artist extraordinaire. :)
    JA - one of group responsible for reviews. :)
    I don't mind doing interviews and being the coordinator who boss . . . er mean organises everyone. ;)
    Thrawn - possibly responsible for the fun Disco-type thread in ByTS.

Any other volunteers?

4. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Think not that grouping after authors is that bad, many indexes ran it that way
    so you mean each author has it's own post in this thread that can be edited by the author? The only problem with that would be that the authors aren?t alphabetically

I'm also saying good night ... I am back in the morning aka ~ 8 hours

5. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    It could be organised alphabetically. It would mean that Yoda would have to PM each writer in turn to add their name section, but it could be done.

And I guess at the start we could put a link to the old index so that people could access all the old fics. :)

Edit:
    Nighters Mags and Thrawn. Sweet A/T dreams. ;)

Hey Yoda - would Red like to be involved with anything else do you think?

6. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    I'll ask her when I see her next :)

7. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Maybe we can have people do various things and submit them to you, Tahi. Or to another designate. As soon as enough material has been gathered, you, he or she can submit the magazone, per se.

8. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Cool.

JA - do you think 3 reviewers would be enough to cover it? And if you have any ideas as to how we organise the review system - feel free to post them. For instance - do we want only new stories reviewed, or do you think the reviewers could pick and choose from new as well as old?

I'm going to have log off in a few minutes because I have to do some baking for Xmas, but I'll be on again tonight. :)

Hopefully some of the others will be there then. I'm pretty pleased with what we have so far, and any new ideas are welcome.

Edit:
    Yes - that would work, JA. I'd need a back-up person for the times I can't do it - but that shouldn't be a problem. It's certainly a plan we should consider.

9. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hey thanks for being here, JA and Yoda. I'd best be off. Catch you later. :)

10. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    As for reviewers, we can do it like they do at TF.N - three people review a book or comic and post their reviews. I think, however, we should do it to new A/T stories for now. Your MHR's been around for several years now, and I can't see how any A/T fan cannot know about it by now.

The same can be applied to stories that don't star A/T, but is connected in someway with an A/T story. For example, Anakin and Tahiri aren't in your TMA, but you made references to in MHR. In addition, several of your minor characters in MHR are Mantrusians, and you created a background for them in TMA. So reviewing stories like TMA wouldn't be too much of a stretch, since such stories provide background info for other A/T stories.

11. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I'm here... finally. :p

I'd be willing to be a judge alongside YK. I'm not the best story writer, but I certainly know what I like.

I'd also love to help come up with the ideas for the challenges. I'll try to make them unique and ripe for humor. Example: A contestant would have to uniquely incorporate Anakin Sr.'s "I hate sand" line into an A/T vignette. Just an example. :p

12. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Certainly food for thought there, JA. There might be a space for cross--referencing of that kind in the Index.

The Fanfic Newsletter used to have a section where a story selected for review had reviews written by 3 readers. It is a possibility. It would be extra work for the reviewers though.

Keep the ideas coming. :) This is great.

Whitey
    Good to see you.

Okay - that sounds great. You can be our challenge person. And yes - be as creative as you like.

Cool - so now we have 2 challenge judge volunteers. :) Wunderbar.

Edit:
    Any opinions about the format? Some like the magazine idea, others want it to be a bit freer. It would be good if we could get some more feedback on that issue. :)

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Okay - we've just had surprise visitors arrive. They're dressed a bit strangely and looking for a star - heh heh. ;) SERIOUSLY - I'd better log off so I can make my friends a cuppa etc.

I'll catch up again later.

Anyone dropping in here - just post your opinion, ideas, and what you'd like to volunteer for. :) Tomorrow I'll summarise what we have and PM everyone, and we'll pick up on the planning after Xmas. :)

C ya.

14. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    srry i wasnt able to make it to the discussion. i came home from shopping only to realise there was an entire branch of my family that i had forgotten to buy presents for :oops:

I agree that one of the threads should be for authors and readers to mingle outside of a story thread itself.

As for the scrap book maybe we could incorperate it into this thread?

15. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    Sorry I missed the cake! [face_tired]

Well, I never write, but I certainly read, so I could help with the judging too if you still need another one.

Good job on all the organizing, Tahi !

16. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Okay - that sounds great. You can be our challenge person. And yes - be as creative as you like.

Cool - so now we have 2 challenge judge volunteers. Wunderbar.

I won't dissapoint, M'Lady! *salutes* :p

Any opinions about the format? Some like the magazine idea, others want it to be a bit freer. It would be good if we could get some more feedback on that issue.

I prefer the magazine format. It'll be a lot easier if everyone knows exactly what they have to do and everything is organized. If people come up with new ideas along the way, we can find a way to incorporate them. :)

17. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Yay! Thanks for joining in TSF and Whitey [face_dancing]

I also agree that the magazine style is nice :D

18. 11Tahiri11

11Tahiri11 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    I didn't feel like reading it all (tired..late I'm lazy) slightly...anyone think Anakin/Tahiri fan fiction contewst through-out the boards??? if that was mentioned above...PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!!!! Thank you!!

I'll help in ANY way I can when I'm not too busy!!!! PM me!!!!

19. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Boy, am I late. [face_blush]

I don't have time to read all the discussion but from what I read I do have some comments.

I like the magazine style.

And bringing back the Disco Lounge seems like a cool idea. *sighs* Oh, the memories. :p

20. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Hey, I'm wondering what I need to do,
    yes I'm feeling generous, cuz it's the holidays. :D

21. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Courtney Love has joined us! Yay! :p

And I forgot about the Disco Lounge. If only I knew where we left off or had any ideas at all. :p

22. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. [:D]

My plan to get the summary out before Xmas failed - curses, foiled again. ;) But I'll get on to it this week. :) We have a good crowd on board so nobody will be overloaded with responsibilities, which is great.

HAVE A SUPER DUPER NEW YEAR. [:D]

23. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Here's a summary of the points in the discussion:

- scrapbook to become part of the resource thread
    - monthly magazine idea popular with an overseer to coordinate it
    - would like a Disco Lounge type thread in ByTS (the Lounge was an ongoing round robin kind of thing)
    - keep ATindex but start a new one (with links to the old)
    - possibly have Index set up differently with authors arranged alphabetically so they can add links to their new stories - still to decide on that though
    - most people want challenges, but not all like the idea of winners and losers - so maybe have the option of entering just for fun, or run alternate judged and non-judged challenges.
    - possibly use the scrapbook thread in ByTS as the place to post challenge entries where they are more likely to be read by the general reading TFN public
    - have several people in charge of each section
    - having the smartest, best thread out there! Something that *looks* amazing, visually, and full of awesome content
    - have an alternating magazine kind of thing - for example have regular monthly sections such as a list of new fics and any news that authors or readers want to post, and then have either an interview or some reviews
    - have regular art - possible ideas: a "cover" for the magazine; a service section for authors to request cover art; an artistic feature of some kind (doesn't need to be every month)

Magazine staff (so far)

Yoda - Index (along with jagsredlady) and one of the challenge judges.
    Mags - artiste extraordinaire.
    JA - reviewer.
    Thrawn - possibly responsible for the fun Disco-type thread in ByTS.
    Whitey - judging challenges and devising challenges.
    TSF - judging challenges

11Tahiri11 -
    JoD -
    Courtney -
    Slilent_One -
    Jek -

- We need at least two more people to write reviews.
    - We need some interviewers - preferably three.
    - We need somebody to be in charge of the regular features - ie. getting the list of the month's new stories from the Index, PM-ing authors for "news" about their stories. (This is a chance for writers to advertise, post teasers, or simply let readers know what's happening with their stories. Something along the lines of "Authors' chit-chat".

As far as the interviews go - how about we ask readers to send in requests for writers they want interviewed, and for writers to send in requests for readers they would like to be interviewed?
    Comments? (We can post links to the previous interviews in the old resource thread.)

24. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    That looks good so far, Tahi ! Thanks for all your hard work.

Any takers on the spots that still need to be filled?

25. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    *offers them candy* Come on... don't be scared. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.