main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Anakin 'n' Tahiri's Place

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Gr8terThanSumOfParts, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Tahi: Yes, it's me! Hard to believe, isn't it? :D Everything looks so different over here. I love all of the new banners on the boards. They're very eye catching!

I'd be happy to act as a reviewer! I've been having tons of fun catching up on all the stories I've missed. We may have a small number of writers in our 'Ship, but they're all top notch. =D=

2. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Oh, wow, an OLDBIE! *falls over dead* :p

SO, I was wondering how everyone's doing. :D

Also, I am about to PM YodaKenobi with questions about the Index and the plans for linking and the new or old index, so all that should be in order quite soon. :)

C @};- S

3. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I ran this idea past Tahi in a Private Message, and she suggested that I post it here to see who else might be interested.

It seems there are a lot of people who are puzzled as to why A/T writers, after all these years, still come up with Anakin resurrection fics or AUs in which Anakin's alive. The magazine would be the perfect forum in which to write an article explaining why we, as fans, feel the need to 'correct' canon.

It would be great to have something about that in the first issue, kind of as an introduction to the A/T 'ship. We could even interview some A/T writers and readers to get their perspective.

If there are those would like to contribute to this, as betas or cowriters, let me know, and we can begin developing something. :)

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    *sticks up hand to volunteer and starts bouncing up and down excitedly*

Yub yub!! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

5. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Oh no, An Ewok recruit! Force help us all. [face_praying]

:D

Thanks for volunteering, Thrawn. I'll post tomorrow, and we can start formulating a plan and figuring out what we'll need for the article.

6. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    [Stumbles into the thread, trying to push eyes back in sockets after experiencing the cruel torture of nom counting. Trips over something! On inspection discovers body of Courtney on floor. Screams.]
    Argh!
    [Nobody around, so grabs one of Maggy's pics of Anakin and waves it in front of Courtney's face. Forces her eyes open. IT WORKS. COURTNEY LIVES AGAIN.]
    Yay!

That sounds good about the Index, Courtney. :) We didn't update it because of the projected board move - which is, of course - not going to happen. LOL

Yay! Good for you, Thrawn. You wanted to get some articles into the mag, too. :) Serendipity. This is going to be ultra-cool. :)

Still busy with Saga Awards - but as soon as I'm free, I'll start putting all this together.

How does everyone feel about this for a title:
    ANAHIRI - SOUND AND SILENCE:
    The magazine for friends of Anakin and Tahiri

Opinions?

7. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    What does the Sound and Silence in the title signify?

8. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004

*hurries in*

I am done, I am done

[face_dancing]
    the semester is over and now I have six weeks off
    [face_dancing]

?Ale for all? </Jack Sparrow>

:p

Tahi, don?t damage the pic, they are very fragile :p

and because we are just at the right topic a preview on the pic you find here

*waves at lonewolf*
    nice to meet you :)

*bounces* what needs to get done?

~ Mags ~

9. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    *waves back at Mags*

Hey! Nice to meet you, too. :D

What does the Sound and Silence in the title signify?

I think that's an allusion to the fact that Tahiri's always talking, and Anakin's the quiet one. Kind of a meeting of opposites, opposites that happen to complement each other. :)

10. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    McEwok and I are trying to collect some information for our A/T article, and we'd love to hear what both A/T writers and readers have to say. So, to begin the discussion, here's a question:

What is it about the Anakin and Tahiri relationship that has made you continue writing their stories even after the SbS 'incident'?

11. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Not awake enough yet to answer this properly, but I can I just say that you can tell a true A/T fan when they refer to what happened in SBS as an "incident." Sorry for the randomness, but that just made me :D .

JD.

12. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Good question.

Off the top of my head:
    First because I found Anakin to be an especially attractive character - intelligent, complex and yet with contradictions and flaws. The kind of character I like.
    Second becasue there was so much unwritten potential in the Anakin-Tahiri relationship.
    Third because I enjoy the dynamic between A and T. It's a lot of fun to write.

I'll think of more later. Have to rush off to work.

13. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    um ... love between the two of 'em?

actually it's complicated ...

It was a long road to end up with Anakin/Tahiri
    because of fanfictions I ended up rereading or actually started reading the NJOs concentrating on those two.
    I like to write Tahiri especially in hard times, it's kinda a relief for me then.

14. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Mags is right - it IS complicated when you try and explain what it is about A and T that makes you want to keep writing them.

I think a lot of it is the way that the EoV duology built up our expectations. Plus - there's always something very warm and fuzzy-making about young love. :) I think Keyes' interpretation of them both was superb - so it made us WANT to know more. And as SbS made that impossible - we have to write it ourselves.

It probably has something to do with our reactions to death, too. Maybe we load into Anakin's death some of our reactions to the deaths of people we've known? Hence writing about him is cathartic.

15. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Alright, here's my attempt to explain my attraction to the A/T ship.

One of the reasons I continue to write (and read in staggering amounts) Anakin and Tahiri fan fiction is because of all the untapped potential that still lives in their relationship. There are so many stories left to be told about the two of them, and I refuse to believe that SbS ended something that had barely begun.

Another reason I still support this 'Ship is because it's Anakin and Tahiri. :)

Separately they are both very interesting, complex characters. But, together... well, they truly are greater than the sum of their parts. Their relationship is full of so many intriguing facets, and they pull you in right away.

Whether you discovered their relationship while reading the NJO or from your first reading of the Junior Jedi Knights, once you're hooked, you can't let a little think like a supposed 'death' get between them. [face_shame_on_you]

Theirs is a classic love story. Two young people coming into their own during a time of war and forming an undeniable bond that allows them to overcome every obstacle they are faced with. I refuse to accept that that bond can be broken, and so, I'll keep writing and reading, watching as Anakin Solo is resurrected time and time again through the creation of the fans and loyal shippers. As long as we're reading these stories, Anakin and Tahiri will always be together. :cool:

16. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yes - there's definitely a lot of stories embedded in the relationship between A and T. Another facet IMO is the fact that - as you say, Lonewolf - they came together during a time of huge upheaval. Their love story was like a ray of hope in a dark time. And that's what I don't want to let go of. :)

17. Gr8terThanSumOfParts

Gr8terThanSumOfParts Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2004
    Tahi here. :)

I put a new header on the thread to alert people to the current discussion.

Magazine News:
    We already have one review ready. I'll try and contact some of the other reviewers in the next week to discuss which story you want to review. But if any of you want to go ahead and do one before that - that would be great. It doesn't have to be long. The general format is to give a short summary of what the story is about - no need for a lot of detail. State what you personally like or find interesting about the fic. Point out one thing you feel the writer does well. You may like to include a short quote from the fic to give readers a taste of the writer's style. But you don't HAVE to follow that format if you have your own ideas. Just remember to keep reviews positive as it's a way of letting people know what's being written in the world of A/T.

Now - a couple of questions:
    Do you think it would be good if Whitey and 11Tahiri11 posted their first challenge soon - before the magazine is posted. That way we would have some challenge stories/poems to link to in Issue 1.

Have you checked out the link to the magazine cover? It's in Maggy's post. On the right side of the cover we'll have the issue number, month, and list of contents and contributors, plus a "quote of the month". If anyone has any suggestions or improvements - please feel free to comment. This is a team effort remember.

Is there anyone who is in Lit regularly to bring news about A/T discussions going on there? Again - you don't have to write screeds - just a few quick notes would do.

Would any of the FADA regulars be willing to write a few sentences each month on what is going on there. Make it as informative or humorous as you like. It's for the Gossip Column.

Can anyone come up with a good title for the Gossip Column?

Do we want to start a new thread for the magazine? Or shall we just use this one and rename it?

18. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Wow. :eek: Not much happened here, throughout the WHOLE WEEK!

Y'all are SAD. :p

Anyways, I am in favor of the title, Tahi. (And thanks for waking me up. Anakin is soooooo fine! ;) ) Jek_Windu had an awesome idea!

I don't really have an opinion of it or anything, but it seems to fit. :)

Also, as a FADA regular, I have to say, not much discussing goes on around there. Normally we're too busy blasting Del rey. [face_devil] [face_cowboy] :p

Anywho, I have Pmed Yoda about the index and all, so we're *ahem* I am waiting to begin!

C @};- S

19. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I think it's been a busy week for a lot of people. I'm still involved with vote counting for the Saga Awards, but once that is finished I'll be abe to pick up where I left off a few weeks ago. I have a list of people to badger - so will get on to that soon. :)

Altough it may not look like it - there is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes - so don't worry. ;)

And yes - Yoda PMed me about the Index - so that's cool.

20. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Did he tell you about my ideas?

21. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yep - he did. Fantastic. :)

22. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Really? Sweet. :D

23. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Hey boys and girls, I wanted to update you on the A/T article. It's still in progress, but the going is slow. I ended up in the emergency room with a broken foot last week, so I haven't felt like doing much except hobbling around my house and watching movies (SW and LotR anyone?).

Anyway, just know that things are still in the works. I'd love to get more feedback from a few others authors/readers, if anyone else has some time to post their thoughts. :)

MTFBWY

24. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Sorry about your foot, Lonewolf [:D]

so I haven't felt like doing much except hobbling around my house and watching movies (SW and LotR anyone?)

Sounds good to me [face_dancing]

:p

25. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Yes. I'm hoping to raise my already high Nerd rating by memorizing the lines from all three LotR expanded editions.

*looks around as everyone shakes their heads*

What?! [face_worried]

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.