main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin, Not a Jedi ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DEWORE-DEWKNOT, Feb 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

DEWORE-DEWKNOT Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2002
    I finished Approaching Storm and I wonder if Anakin is going to be promoted to the rank of Jedi Knight. I know Obi Wan says to Luke in ANH that " I was once a Jedi Knight like your Father". But I have this funny feeling that Anakin will be denied promotion by the council. That could lead to a scene where Palpy says something like "I will finish your training and make you more powerful than a mere Jedi Knight." I know that I have no evidence to support this but I have a funny feeling about this. Fire away.

2. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    That's probably what happened

OR

He gets to be a Jedi Knight and then Palpy comes along and insults his status, saying things about Padme and the no love crap the Jedi's have to have. It's not like they're wizards afraid of creating a sorcerer or something.

3. Lt_Ketch

Lt_Ketch Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 13, 2000
    "When I left you, I was but a learner. Now I am the master." (Darth Vader)

I suspect that when Anakin was refered to as a Jedi Knight, it was more the general reference to Jedi Knights rather than that he had the specific title.

4. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

Jan 17, 2002
    I forgot about that line. Can you imagine the fury that Anakin would have ? No wonder he has no problem killing all the Jedi

5. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    ya. that would kinda suck: going through all that crap(leaving mother, going on all those missions, etc) then the council saying he isnt one. i would be pissed. but then of course thats where ol'palpy come in, and the good stuff starts happening ;)

6. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    "You will become a jedi, I promise"

7. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I agree, at some point Anakin will become a Knight, albeit shortly.

8. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

Jan 17, 2002
    Its not like Obi-Wan is known to tell the truth, Chissdude10. HE has been known to say things from a certain point of view. Besides that is just a promise he made to a 10 year old kid, with no real way to see it through.

9. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    "A Jedi Knight, you are not. You must defeat Palpatine, then a Jedi Knight, you will be"
    -Yoda, Episode III

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.