main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin not the chosen one?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by achtungdaibut, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. achtungdaibut

achtungdaibut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    After seeing ROTS and watching the TPM on TV a few days ago. I'm starting to think he wasn't.

I know in other threads people are discussing whether he was part of some grand Sith plan. His conception by a previous Sith Lord etc etc.

But by what definition are we saying he brings any balance?

For a while there were two sith and two jedi. But by killing Palpatine in ROTJ he doesn't bring any balance? Equal light to darkness. By ending the Sith line and maintaining the Jedi's in Luke doesn't bring any balance. It causes an imbalance?

Therefore, it must be possible he isn't the chosen one. The Jedi are dubious in TFM. Yoda thinks his future is clouded and hints again in ROTS they maybe wrong by saying maybe they mis-read the prophecy?

2. Darth_Chronos

Darth_Chronos Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Anakin is the chosen one, although he doesn't directly bring balance to the force. By rearing Luke and Leia he does bring balance to the force though, although he's not personally doing it. He offset the force by going dark and his children restore the balance he offsets.

3. The_Chosen_One1

The_Chosen_One1 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Well at the end of ROTS they're two sith and two jedi, which for a while balanced out the force. Why Lucas had him kill Palpatine (which made the force unbalanced) probably means that Yoda and the other masters did misinterpret the prophecy. As to what the prophecy really meant I have no clue what-so-ever.

4. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Well history didn't begin with Jedi and Sith. The Jedi came first and existed for awhile, guarding the Republic in peace, justice and so on...
    until a select few broke away and embraced the dark side and perverted teachings. This became the Sith. They've existed ever since then, at some times in secret when they had to. And over time, Jedi have fallen to them and crossed over to them.

The balance Anakin brings is that he destroys the Sith and crosses back over to the light side, ending the very existence of the Sith since they began. From then on, it's Jedi again like it once was (though they're having growing pains).

5. achtungdaibut

May 19, 2005
    But I thought "the Sith" are a race who worship the Dark-side. So Vader is a Lord of the sith is a title bestowed on him.

When we talk about the Sith..we're talking about Sith Lords. So by destroying Palpatine in ROTJ he's unbalancing things as there are no Sith Lords.

There is no balance as there are still Jedi in Luke. Without Jedi and Siths..then we would have a balance!

6. Darth_Xion

Darth_Xion Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    i may be wrong here but werent the sith originaly a race of force users that didnt know it was the force?

and also again i may be wrong but ive herd that in there time of need the emperor clones vader and himself to rule when they were both dead.....so in all there was never really a balance to the force because there was once more dark people then light (the True Sith) but then they were merged with the dark jedi creating the sith lords......and weve all seen that tje sith dont die that easy.. as long as there is a dark side to the force there will be people to use it.

7. Darth_Chronos

Darth_Chronos Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Well history didn't begin with Jedi and Sith. The Jedi came first and existed for awhile, guarding the Republic in peace, justice and so on...
    until a select few broke away and embraced the dark side and perverted teachings. This became the Sith. They've existed ever since then, at some times in secret when they had to. And over time, Jedi have fallen to them and crossed over to them.

The Sith were initially a race of insect like humanoids from an isolated planet during the Old Republic. The last of them was killed by Exar Kun during the Great Sith War. The Jedi found them and studied their mastery of the Dark Side to learn how to avoid it, but some of them turned and were banished from the Order, thusly beginning the Dark Jedi. But the Sith weren't originally Jedi, the Sith was a now extinct race of beings.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    If you actually believe the lie that Palpatine told Anakin about his former master being able to "manipulate the midi-chlorians and create life" then you're as gullible as Anakin.

Judging by Palpy's aged appearance after removing his glamour charm on himself, I think it's obvious that he's managed to keep himself alive for many, many years.

If you listen to what Palpy says, he says that his master taught him everything that he knew, however, he (his master) also said that only he knew how to bring life into the world...then when Anakin fell, he said that together they would discover the riddle to extending life and bringing people back from the dead.

In essence, Palpatine lied to Anakin on all fronts. Just like a masterful politician, he said all of the pretty lies that Anakin needed to hear in order to fall.

The SITH did NOT create Anakin, the Midi-chlorians and the Force did because he is the Chosen One.

Luke was simply an instrument in bringing Anakin back to the light and to remind him of what his purpose in life was. The prophecy stated that Anakin would bring Balance to the Force. From very early on, the Force talked to him and showed him the path towards his destiny. He had dreams that he "freed all of the slaves."

Somewhere along the way he got confused and thought his purpose was to stop death. When he couldn't do so, he grew greedier and greedier wanting to be able to change fate. Palpatine used this weakness in Anakin to it's fullest advantage and gave him empty promises in order to turn him to Darkness.

Had Palpatine really known about the Prophecy he would've killed Anakin instead of turning him. There's a specific reason Yoda taunts him and says "misplaced your faith in your new apprentice is..." Yoda knows that eventually Anakin will do what he's supposed to. The Jedi were just blind and too late realized that allowing the Chosen One be so close to the Chancellor all of these years was a BAD thing.

Anakin IS the Chosen One. There's a reason that when he was put into the suit that he only lost his limbs...his heart is still in tact. The reason for TPM was to show that once upon a time, Anakin was capable of great compassionate deeds and help others without any hope of reward for himself. That side of him was lost along the way due to Palpy's manipulations and deceptions.

However, starting in ESB, you see that the conflict that still bloomed in Anakin's heart, even at the bitter end of RotS IS still there as he starts identifying himself as Luke's Father, that he doesn't want to kill Luke, that he wants them to be together and overthrow the Emperor.

Anakin is resurfacing.

It's not until his son is mortally in peril in ROTJ that you can almost be certain that he's hearing the fated words that he spoke over Shmi's gravesite "I wasn't strong enough to save you Mom. I wasn't strong enough, but I promise you, I won't fail again."

And he doesn't. By killing the Emperor, he not only finally rids the Galaxy from the clutches of an enslaving tyrant, but he restores his soul and is finally at peace. He realizes that his death will mean that his children can live on and that the peace and prosperity that he recalls from his youth can be restored.

Anakin was never far off when he said "well, I am a slow learner." Unfortunately, it takes the death of the Jedi, the loss of his body, soul, and wife for him to finally do what he must and restore the Balance of the Force in his own heart.

9. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Actually, as the Sith species died off, the darksiders known as the Lords of the Sith began to adorn the name Sith in general.

Palpatine: "A powerful Sith you will become!"

10. SithLord4488

SithLord4488 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    anakin is the chosen one, did you ever think that his bringing balance to the force meant bringing the sith back to check the jedi's power?

11. ObiWan2790

ObiWan2790 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    i always thought luke was the chosen one; if it werent for him, the last two remaining sith lords (vader and palps) would still be alive by the end of ROTJ. and by destroying the sith, there really is no more dark side of the force, there is only the light side. thats my theory.

12. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Oh no, not THIS debate again!

Look, GL has stated that Anakin IS the chosen one. He kills Palpatine and hence brings balance to the force by getting rid of the Sith.

END OF STORY

13. Forcechoked

Forcechoked Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    PadmeLeiaJana has explained it very well...Awesome!

He is the Chosen One, although I think that Yoda and the other Jedis thought that it would be very easy for Anakin to bring balance back to the Force.(Sort of a "1-2-3" kill Sideus and everything will be fine.)They "failed" to grasp that he could be swept by the dark side (and stay there for a long time) before coming back and thus, fulfill the prophecy.

Yoda and the others misunderestimated the appeal of the dark side for Anakin. They didn't completely grasp that his attachments were too strong, thus that he could make wrong choices should the opportunities come.

14. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Balance DOES NOT mean equal Sith and Jedi. It means removing the cancer that is the Sith and restoring balance and harmony to the Force. It means removing the perversions of the Force and the imbalance that the SITH introduce. They are the SOURCE of the imbalance. The Jedi work in harmony with the Force and do not cause imbalance.

15. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    My understanding is that Lucas said that Anakin was not the Chosen One and that Luke's son would be the Chosen One in Episode VII, which Lucas has yet to film but will start production next year.

16. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    ^^ Source please. Hate to break it to you, but Lucas has ALWAYS said that he only intended to make 1-6 because they are Anakin Skywalker's story and that he is the hero of STAR WARS.

17. darthfunkle

darthfunkle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    Im very glad to have read this thread because it was the question I had in mind. Couldn't wait to dicuss this. I think reading all your comments made my opinion of Anakin being "the chosen one" stronger.

I wasn't really convinced that he was as strong a sith as he was a jedi. It made me wonder what Palp ever saw in him. I would have been more convinced if he had defeated more than just younglings in the film.
    C'mon now!

reading this thread makes me beleive that Anakin is no more than a link in Palps twisted deception towards gaining power. Im pretty happy with that, but to see Anakin as a "great vergance in the force" (I think thats how Qui-gon descrides him) would have been more appealing.

I could be wrong, but he seemed sort of weak. I need to watch ROTS again and I will comment later on.

Did anyone else feel that way?

18. achtungdaibut

May 19, 2005
    I put the fact that he is weaker in the OT down to the fact he is mostly machine as we see at the end of Sith. His limbs are all machine etc.

Plus I think, from the novels as well, that he spends most of his time in meditation trying to heal himself.

If you notice at the end of ROTS he's burnt to a crisp. But by ESB and ROTJ his face or rather skin is quite healed considering.

Lastly it's in Palps interest to keep his power on a leash so that he doesnt over-throw him.

19. Clieggs_Missing_Leg

Clieggs_Missing_Leg Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    My understanding is that Lucas said that Anakin was not the Chosen One and that Luke's son would be the Chosen One in Episode VII, which Lucas has yet to film but will start production next year.

Sorry Truejedi, but the Star Wars story ends with the death of Vader. This has always been Lucas's assertion.

And Lucas confirms on the TPM audio commentary, that Anakin is indeed the Chosen One, and he brings balance to the Force by eradicating the Sith in ROTJ.

20. master-yoda15181

master-yoda15181 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2005
    Anakin is the choosen one. GL has said this. As to what Yoda says in ROTS about the prophecy being misread. Mace and Yoda began to wonder if bringing balance to the force meant destroying the Jedi. Mace says that there have been thousands of Jedi spreading light but only ever 2 sith so was the balance to be regained by destroying the jedi? As we now no Anakin does restore balance by destrying the sith.

21. solo77

Aug 28, 2002

Hahhahhaa, are you serious [face_laugh]

Anakin = Chosen One

Ep 7, 8, 9 = your imagination, they are NEVER gonna happen

22. DJ-421

DJ-421 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    Your missing the whole point. The Sith abuse the force, detract from it. Killing palpatine restores it to its balanced state. And Anakin eventually is the one to do it. Luke can't.

Ani doesn't unbalance the force by turning. Ani is thought to be the one that can finally "bring balance to the force". The force is already out of wack.

23. Mace_Winfield

Mace_Winfield Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    okidokie I'm gonna go ahead and say this: True Jedi was joking around. Who ever heard of Luke and Mara's son doing stuff?

Nobody that's who.

I think there are TWO chosen ones, Wald and Greedo.

Ha!

24. Darth_Satus

Darth_Satus Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    "--Sorry Truejedi, but the Star Wars story ends with the death of Vader. This has always been Lucas's assertion.

And Lucas confirms on the TPM audio commentary, that Anakin is indeed the Chosen One, and he brings balance to the Force by eradicating the Sith in ROTJ.--"

i agree that anakin is the chosen one because he is, but at supershadow.com (where GL is directly accosiated with that websit)he has written a script for episodes 7,8,9 and if rots mases big bucks, it will begin production in 2010.

thoughts?

25. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    SUPERSHADOW is a jack***!

He DOES NOT know GL, everything he says is ****!

If you believe this then look up, gullible is written on the ceiling!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.