main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Anakin>Obi-Wan?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by legosithmaster525, Jul 1, 2011.

1. legosithmaster525

legosithmaster525 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    It's been awhile since I've been here, so this is my first post in awhile, but having watched all the Season 4 previews, I noticed Obi-Wan doesn't not only appear, but isn't even mentioned. It's like he doesn't exist. On top of that, we see Anakin fighting on Dak, spinning around cutting up Aqua Droids under water, cutting through Commando Droids, and fighting off Dooku and four Magnaguards at the same time. This has been a running theme for the entire series except for in Season 3, where it was more balanced. Season 2 for example. Cargo of Doom, Landing at Point Rain, Weapons Factory, Grievous Intrigue, all big Anakin episodes. Anyone remember Jedi Crash where Anakin cut through over 20 Super Droids, while Ahsoka only got 5 and Aayla 2? (Yes, I counted. I watched the scene four times and got the same result) Or when he cut through 30+ Droids in Defenders of Peace PLUS the Defoliator while injured? What happened when Obi-Wan was injured on Geonosis? Oh, right... he sat there. Both Anakin and Obi-Wan went down and crashed in flames, yet Anakin is completely unscathed, charging into enemy lines and cutting through Geonosians, yet Obi-Wan can't even walk, and just... sits there. I doubt anyone pays attention to this sort of thing, and focuses more on just the action, not caring who performs it. I have to admit it somewhat bothers me when people discuss "The Big Three" appearing too much and getting too much action and screentime. Um, hello? Compared to Anakin, Obi-Wan is more of a background character. Now, I'm not saying Obi-Wan IS a background character, I understand he still gets more screentime then all the background Jedi, but, really, if you just watch any Season 1 or Season 2 episode with Anakin in it, ESPECIALLY Cargo of Doom, Landing at Point Rain, Jedi Crash, and Defenders of Peace, you should see what I mean.

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I am expecting a lot of Obi-Wan without Anakin- after these first episodes we have seen in trailers- are over- there is 5-8 episodes we saw in trailers and no Obi-Wan but maybe after that.... if not i feel insulted..... Padmé however could be left totally now why she is shoehorned to Dac-battle is beyond me....

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I wouldn't recommend trying to work out anything about the whole season by going on the trailers alone.

4. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Perhaps he will go on his own adventure like Episode II.

He will be in it. He is too big not to be.

5. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Why are people constantly judging most if not the entire season on a small 1:30 preview of the season?

When we always know the previews(before the big trailers) only consist of a small amount of episodes.

EDIT: Though I do agree with the notion that Anakin's action is heavy compared to Obi-Wans. Obi-Wan has had his share of moments though like The Mandalore Plot, The Duchess of Mandalore, Innocents of Ryloth and Hunt for Ziro.

Remember Anakin is pretty much the main character of the show.

6. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010

That line alone would imply that Obi-Wan seems to take a back seat to Anakin during the Clone Wars in terms of heroics, so it's really nothing all that shocking.

7. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    To be fair, Obi-wan's not a war fan. He loathes it. He prefers diplomacy and know things aren't right.

Anakin relishes battles and excels at them. Of you are better at what you love. Anakin only loses to Obi-wan int he horrific end, because the one thing he DOESN'T excel at is controlling his emotions. He loves hard and loves Obi-wan and has to convince himself that he hates him. Of course he learned to after his injuries but not before.

8. legosithmaster525

legosithmaster525 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    I completely agree about Padmé. There is absolutely NO REASON she should be there. I mean, really? When they brought her into the Mandalore Storyline... Just, no.

True, though during the Clone Wars Anakin was still his PADAWAN. TCW has him as an Uber Jedi with his own Padawan and Warship while being on par with Jedi such as Mace Windu, Plo Koon, Yoda, etc. What bothered me to no end was Weapons Factory. Anakin is the SAME AGE as Barriss, yet he had his own Padawan, and was, rank wise, shown as an equal to Luminara, while his 14 Year Old Padawan was an equal to the Jedi that was the same age as him.

On the contrary, I've seen quite a few occasions in the show and movies where he doesn't seem to mind war, and sometimes even seems to enjoy it. But even when/if he does loathe it, it's still his duty to perform as best as he can. Even soldiers who hate war and what they are doing try their best for their country and for their allies. Why would Obi-Wan act inept when it comes to war just because he doesn't like it? I've always seen it as TCW making Obi-Wan out to be a buffoon in order to put Anakin in the spotlight. Anyone remember Nighsisters? All Obi-Wan did in the space battle was get shot, get chased, and crash land in flames. Anakin outmaneuvered and took out six Tri-Droids, shot down Ventress, and rescued Obi-Wan. Then in the duel, he kept getting smacked around by Ventress while Anakin did most of the work. Now, I know Obi-Wan hates flying, but I remember reading on Wookieepedia somewhere that despite hating flying, he was a very good pilot. Yet, he is always portrayed as being completely inept.

9. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    If they need senator for example if diplomatic visit is the idea they should've selected Mon Mothma instead- she has good relations with Mon Calamari...... but Padmé:oops:

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    In TCW, Obi-Wan is but the learner and Anakin is the Master.

11. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    But in ANH Vader specifically says he was the learner when the last time they saw each other.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Way Ben praises Anakin in ANH is actually logic with this....

13. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Alpha One to base! Conspirators have overrun the embankments! We're pinned down, we're pinned down! We have multiple casualties! Request immediate evac on our location!

14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Vader probably learned some humility after he was burned almost to death and lost his appendages to Obi-Wan. Maybe he was even a bit scared during the ANH-duel and put up a brave front.

15. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    :confused::oops::confused:

16. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    They're everywhere!

17. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Vader was humbled when he learned he was overconfident before and learned more about the Force- and the dark side- so he considered his jedi-self "just a learner" and like Dooku believed dark side makes him "stronger than any jedi"......

ps. We REALLY need a new trailer or something:p

18. NelanisGhost

NelanisGhost Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2006
    I dont' agree. I see Obi-wan as a real jedi. Of course he's competent. But it's just him. He's a devastating warrior, but IMO, he despairs of having to be. He thinks war is of the darkside, and it is. The more the war rages the stronger the darkside becomes. He knows this in his SOUL. He knows he is shooting himself in the foot with every surge, every battle. He is more than competent, but he also knows better. That it's not the Jedi way. he's the one that feels that nothing is right. It's like that little voice that tells you NOT to go in there, the intuition. Why would you keep walking int hat direction? Obi-wan walks in the direction that the traitor governments says he must, but every step screams against his intuition. He's the most aware and self aware character. He also became a man in a time of reason and peace, before Palpatine.

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    ^Yes i think that's his serious real opinion but he hates droids and he seems to enjoy a bit slicing them- saying "he likes the war" is still farfetched and untruth....

20. seCrawler

seCrawler Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2011
    I often thought Obi was the chosen one. He defeated Maul and Grieves, and Anakin in their first go around.

21. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    That doesn't make him Chosen One that makes him bad*ss jedi :p

22. DarthIktomi

DarthIktomi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 11, 2009
    In Soviet Russia, cartoon mocks you!

23. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Anakin and Ahsoka just completely ignore Obi-Wan at this point. He's resigned to just follow Anakin/Ahsoka to whatever disaster they charge head first into. I think the writers have even conceded this, Obi-Wan doesn't even try anymore. He just says "whatever" and takes it.

It would be funny if they turned Obi-Wan into the "screaming police captain" from 80s movies.

"The Senator called the Chancellor, the Chancellor called the High Council, the High Council just chewed my ass out! You see I don't have any bit of it left, don't you?"

24. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    ^It seems this place is going to Plo though- no wonder Anakin already hates jedi somewhere deep inside in ROTS if during the rest of the war, Ahsoka just irritates and disobeys him and Plo comes and says "I ordered her to- good girl li'l Soka" :p

25. Confederate_Republic

Confederate_Republic Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2011
    Out of all the Clones/Jedi at the Citadel, Obi-Wan was the one who seemed to be kind to the B1 Squadron the most. It's obvious he knew they were going to die near the end once their usefulness was outlived, though he really seemed to treat them like part of the team during the time when they were alive, almost as if trying to show they aren't just useless scraps of metal, but were important to the success of their mission before their end. Anakin on the other hand just blatantly disregarded them as part of the team, and was rude and inconsiderate to them from the start, as well as being the one to order their suicide.