main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin & Obi-WanLightsaber Queries

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gaspar, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaspar

Gaspar Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2001
    Hey All,

I am sure I may of heard a partial answer to this somewhere before, but can't think where. At the end of EpII both Anakin & Obi-Wan are thrown lightsabers when the Republic arrive. My question is are these just spares? I would assume Anakins is since he broke his in the droid factory but did someone liberate Obi-Wan's for him?

Thanks In Advance

2. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    No. First of all, when, how, and why, would they track down wherecer they had put the man's lightsaber, take it, and then go into battle.

Second, you can see that it is a different one.

Slimy!

3. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    I always thought they were taken from Jedi who fell in the arena.

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, they were spares. How could they be taken from dead Jedi within the first few minutes of the battle?

5. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    those they get thrown look different, those they fight with later against Dooku look like their former sabers and not those they got thrown.

Now how do we solve this? Another saberchange? Built one in the midst of fighting/flying? lol these two are the Jedi who had more lightsabers than master yoda had apprentices. and a lightsaber should last a Jedis life, rofl.

6. RedRiverOutlaw

RedRiverOutlaw Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2002
    My guess was that the Jedi brought extras just in case.

My question is, does the lightsaber that Anakin uses in Ep3 match the one Luke is given in A New Hope?

7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes, it's the same one.

8. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    RRO, They match.

9. lawnmowerman603

lawnmowerman603 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2002
    I have this theory that after anakin broke his saber in the factory he kept it in his pocket and later rebuilt the rest of it to=....tada, his ROTS saber! I postulated this after I noticed that his AOTC saber looks almost, but not exactly like the ANH saber given to luke by ben (the projector plate is cut at a clean angle as supposed to looking cobbled together and with dials). Obi's saber, on the other hand, seems to have been entirely rebuilt to the exact same specs at least twice: first after TPM and then again after AOTC. If memory serves, he waited a while before rebuilding it after TPM as he is still using Qui-Gon's green saber in Rogue Planet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.