main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin or Luke?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by BobaFrank, Feb 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    Luke's done nothing on the scale of Anakin's courageous and charitable acts.

Really?

1. Luke destroyed the DS saving the Rebellion and another planet from being destroyed.

2. Luke followed Obiwan's instruction to go and train as a Jedi with Yoda. He then duels with DV, his own father.

3. Luke rescues Han and Leia from Jabba.

4. Luke faces DV and the Emperor together and helps turn DV back to the good side.

IMO, Anakin has done nothing on the scale Luke has when it comes to courage.(Except in the end killing Palpy)

2. jxchamb

jxchamb Jedi Master star 4

Jun 21, 2003
    this isn't really a fair question because Luke has been a part of our lives for 27 years. Even still, I don't know if it's the script or the acting but Anakin so far has not impressed me. I just don't feel any emotions for him at all. Just think about Empire. We watch Luke almost freeze to death but he's saved by his new friend Han. Than we watch him learn the ways of the Jedi from Yoda. We watch him go off to face the baddest guy in universe and we're scared for him. Than we finally get to the duel and we watch him struggle to fight Vader. Finally, he learns that Vader is actually his father and what does he do? He tries to kill himself rather than join him. And than there's the events of ROTJ when we see him finally become a Jedi and save his father.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.