main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin & Padme, Han & Leia, Luke & Mara...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Clockwork, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clockwork

Clockwork Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    The major difference between these illustrious couples and my girlfriend Katherine and I is that we're not characters in a film series, but like them, we've finally decided to get married. We've known each other for nearly 14 years and we've been dating for 5, so we figured it was about time.

We're looking for an inexpensive place to have the ceremony and reception (the Lake House on Naboo wasn't available, something about illegal Jedi weddings), so if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Congratulations!

Location - Depends on when the wedding is.

Some cheap summer venues would be the parks & we have some beauties to chose from in Colorado.

Indoor venues, the cheap ones are usually small churches. I can ask at mine to see what the rates are, plus they have a nice hall w/ a full kitchen & stage for a reception. Of course, not everyone likes church weddings, so just let me know.

BTW - Did I say congratulations? Well, Congratulations. It's not for me, but I wish anyone well who wishes to give it a go.

3. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    RIGHT ON BROTHER!!!!!!!! congrats!! I got married at a park, so it was real inexpensive. Are you trying for the tradtional- 300 of your closest friends, or a small party thing ?

Edit: we did look into the chapel at red rocks which is kinda small & pretty cool. Great view of the rocks out the window right behind the altar. We didnt go there cause we ended up doing it out of town.

4. Clockwork

Apr 12, 2002
    The date we've set is October 6, so I think we're looking for and indoor site, and we're not religious, so we're trying to avoid doing it at a church. We're looking at the Denver Botanical Gardens right now, their prices are okay but you have to use their caterer... We were hoping to do the food ourselves to save some money.

5. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    wow , cool ! congratulations . you could always do it at someones house . you could have a star wars wedding , and you can dress up like a storm trooper . oh , wait , that was in a movie .

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I would be happy to pitch in some help w/ getting the food ready. I used to work as a cook & now I make dinner once a week for 50-60 teenagers at a shelter. And you can ask those who were at my place for a meeting, I'm not a bad cook.

Just let me know about the church thing, it's just Methodists, they put up w/ everyone. Really, the church itself is huge, but the congregation is very small. It's right there at 7th & Colorado.

I'm drawing a blank on other indoor venues, but I'll ask my mother if she knows of any. She plans stuff for her boss all of the time.

7. Clockwork

Apr 12, 2002
    DH - Katherine and I met at a StarCon, so a Star Wars wedding wouldn't be entirely inappropriate. We actually met in a video room showing Doctor Who -- my brother thinks we should do a Doctor Who themed wedding.

ZOO - Don't forget you offered! I will probably take you up on that... I'll mention the church to Katherine. It's right by where she works (University Hospital) so she can probably have a look during lunch or something.

8. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Congratulations!

Yeah, we can all vouch for Jen's cookin...good stuff!

9. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    i was thinking about jay and silent bob strike back

10. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    A Doctor Who wedding...classic! You could dress up as the Doctor (Tom Baker years of course, complete with the resplendent, 27-foot scarf) and one of the incarnations of Romana (Or Leela, if she is really daring). The ceremony could be presided over by the Chancellor of Gallifrey, and the pulpit could be the pentagonal (?) control panel for the TARDIS. You could process to the Doctor Who theme. Groomsmen could be made up of Adric, and some other less-than-memorable male sidekicks. Bridesmaids could include Nyssa, Peri, Sarah, etc. The bride could be given away by the MASTER. Daleks and Cybermen as ushers. K-9 as the ring bearer...

I can see it all now.

11. Clockwork

Apr 12, 2002
    Only if we can actually fly Tom Baker out to perform the ceremony.

12. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Congratulations, my friend. I say you do whatever you guys agree on. Of course when I get married, it's going to be as traditional as it will possibly get so I don't have any ideas for a really wild one. I'm sure anything you guys pick will be great. Congrats and good luck!

13. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    yeah , joey will have a baby blue tux with the ruffles .:p

14. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    what the hell are you talking about? The only one i have is a plum colored one with ruffles :p lol

15. Clockwork

Apr 12, 2002
    We're trying to do the wedding on the cheap so we can spend more on the honeymoon. We want to go to Portmeirion, the English village where "The Prisoner" tv series was filmed.

Maybe to save money I'll borrow Joey's plum tux with the ruffles...but only if it has a huge collar and clip-on bow tie.

16. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    Of course it does, wtf are you thinking? it's the Mack! lol comes with cane too

17. Clockwork

Apr 12, 2002
    What about a great big purple hat?

18. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I'm starting to think Joey & Jeff need to use that "Thread Killer" icon. They seem to take everything off topic.

Good luck w/ the planning and feel free to ask for help whenever you need it.

19. TK1305

TK1305 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2002
    wow thread killer in a post with out my name ? watch out guys I hear its getting cold in hell.

congrats man can I stand in your wedding I got a orange tux with peach shirt and a tangarien cumberbun.

20. Clockwork

Apr 12, 2002
    Sure, I'll put you next to Joey -- you two will look like a box of popsicles.

21. Jedi_Nova

Jedi_Nova Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2001
    Congrats!

Have you looked into getting married at the Renaissance Festival?!?!

They have a great deal, we looked at getting married there last year. It looked like fun and its not that expensive at all!

you get to ride through the place in a horse drawn cart and King Henry announces your marriage to everyone, I think.

Could be worth a shot?!

22. Clockwork

Apr 12, 2002
    That sounds like fun, but we're not getting married until October -- the festival only runs until the end of July I believe. Great idea though.

23. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    maybe you should get married at Starcon where you guys met, that'd be pretty koo

24. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    theres some place at ken caryl ranch that my bro is getting married at next weekend, and its a cool mansion place that doesnt cost too much..

or the chateau at fox meadows near broomfield, thats where i had my senior prom and that place rocks... like somethin out of a dream...

just my suggestions, congratulations man...

25. rfuthey

rfuthey Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    congratulations

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.