main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin, Padme, Luke, and Leia - The Separation of the Skywalker Family

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthVegas, Apr 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthVegas

DarthVegas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Not bad, Jango Fett, not bad. I like the idea of Yoda making an incorrect prophecy. Almost a defeatist attitude, similar to ESB when he was adamantly refusing to train Luke. I mean, considering his entire multi-century history was now destroyed, and his friends gone, including Obi-Wan, he had to be one jaded little jedi.

I like this because it keeps that kind of dramatic licensing for the OT even after viewing the PT. I think it's safe to say that Anakin indeed knows about Luke, so for a first time viewer of Star Wars, they'll say, oh man, Luke's gonna buy it eventually, but when he doesn't and Anakin returns to the light side by killing Palpatine, it will still have the same good feeling climax that we all had when it was just the OT.

The one thing I can't wait to see in Episode III is Obi-Wan's handling of Luke. I almost hope there will be some kind of exchange between the two (I know he's a newborn but he could maybe smile at him). It would parallel TPM when Obi-Wan meets Anakin for the first time. I wish in TPM kid Anakin and Obi-Wan had more interaction but oh well.

2. DarthVegas

Oct 18, 2000
    It is said the seperation of the children were to prevent Vader from ever discovering them. It doesn't mean he didn't know about Luke.

On a sad note, it didn't seem like Yoda had any hope on redeeming Vader. Luke was to be trained as an assassin. How harsh that if he was successful, only after he would realize he had killed his father.

Wouldn't that be a dangerous exploit for Luke to turn to the dark side as well?

3. DarthVegas

Oct 18, 2000
    And questions of the hour: Did Luke know his mother's name? I think he knew his fathers, but even though Lucas didn't have a story for his mother yet, it would've been nice if he had given her a name in the OT. Nice... at the least.

4. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    think there is a thread on this somewhere else but..
    no..I think he is told Anakin's name and given navigator story so that he doesnt go looking for things he is better off not finding...IMO Lars will explain that they never meet his mother,she died when she had him(truth maybe)and his father never talked about her...

5. patico74

patico74 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 3, 2003
    they lied to luke to protect him. this isnt that hard to figure out

6. superxero

superxero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    Shouldn't Padme live for while after Episode III because she needs to be alive for Leia to have memories (even faint ones). I mean, no one remembers their mom dying while giving birth to them, thats bull. Usually they are told and make inferences from there.

7. AaronJedi

AaronJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 1999
    First of all, I aqree with the evidence that Anakin and Palpatine didn't know about Luke or Leia. Anakin didn't find out until after ANH when he learns that there's this rebel with the name of Skywalker running around who had blown up the death star. I'm sure he had enough contacts (spies) that he could figure that out. He could have known that Padme was pregnant but thought the child, or children, died with her.

Anyway, what I really wanted to point out to throw a wrench in is that Obi-wan didn't know about Leia. When Luke leaves Dagobah in ESB Obi-wan says that he was their last hope and Yoda says that no, there is another.

8. Qui-Gon_Jym

Qui-Gon_Jym Jedi Youngling

Feb 19, 2004
    This is all pretty interesting, but here's a question. Who do you think names the twins? Does Padme pick out names at some point while pregnant? Would she know they were male and female? If not and she dies during childbirth, who would come up with "Luke"? And since it's Leia Organa, does Bail name her? Just more to ponder.

9. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    I sure hope Padme names Luke and Leia because it'll bring them closer to her without them knowing it.

10. LordAvonSark

LordAvonSark Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    Oh Anakin definitely knows of the pregnency. There are several images on the net in which Anakin is with Padme and she has an obviously bloated belly. I mean come on! Do you think Anakin would stay with a faT BITCH! NO! The only reason he loved her was because of her delicious curves and amped, uh hum, excuse me. Back to my points!

Its just that neither one of them know that it is twins.

Shawn

11. badnbutifl

badnbutifl Jedi Youngling

Aug 10, 2002
    Hi I'm new to this forums. I just wanted to give my idea of what I think. I wonder if Anakin didn't know about Luke when he is young because he didn't send off the force to anyone who can feel it, or Obi wan could help the baby mask the force of Luke. I don't know I'm just thinking of ideas here. I agree that everyone might know that she is with child, but with twins. I can see Padme giving Leia to Bail Organa then fainting and later Dying. Just an idea that I have.

12. DarthVegas

Oct 18, 2000
    So it is confirmed that Anakin knew about Luke, correct?

13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    He doesn't know prior to the OT.

14. mutley

mutley Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 1998
    From what I've seen on HS-it would be obvious to Anakin that Padme is going to have a child. I don't think Padme is into "Supersize food" LOL.

I think by end of ROTS Anakin is of the opinion he has lost both Padme and child and the fact of twins was never told to him.

Just my 2c worth :)

15. DarthVegas

Oct 18, 2000
    I think he does know. Hence destroying the room where Darth Vader is born.

You know, from the beginning of this thread to now, this 'seperation' is quite drastic.

16. Motee

Motee Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2003
    Throw out everything you know about the Skywalker family because it will be turned on its head by the end of EpIII.

17. jag29

jag29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 13, 2002
    Motee,

Is this the big twist that awaits us in Episode III?

Please tell us more!

Jag29

18. Tion_Meddon

Tion_Meddon Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004

Is Obi-wan Beru's sister and Qui-gon his father and Dooku his grandfather, and Leia is the son of Bail and Padme while Luke is the son of Anakin son of Shmi, and Padme's true father was Palpatine, who was artificially created by Plagueis after the first mistake which is Jar Jar??? :confused: Am I close? 8-}

Just kidding. :p

But is it something new completely, and is it important to the story?

19. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    I've got it!

Padme doesn't know she's pregnant!

(I saw this once on Jerry Springer!)

20. Jedi_Fighter_Pilot

Jedi_Fighter_Pilot Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2004
    Throw out everything you know about the Skywalker family because it will be turned on its head by the end of EpIII.

What?! A plot twist in RotS after all?:eek:

21. Tion_Meddon

Tion_Meddon Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004

The twist is now being discussed here:

http://boards.theforce.net/Revenge_of_the_Sith_(Spoilers_Allowed)/b10331/17976343/?234

It could deal with Plagueis creating Shmi, Shmi being banished, Leia having a greater importance, Obi-wan being closer to Anakin, it could be anything.

22. Jedi_Fighter_Pilot

Jedi_Fighter_Pilot Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2004
  23. MaraJade-Jedi

MaraJade-Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2004
    That depends on who was born first -- Luke or Leia. As for the pregnancy, how will it be explained?

24. Precious_Bass

Precious_Bass Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2005
    Do you guys think Luke ever knew about Padme after ROTJ or do you think he stuck to Leia's discription and forget about her???

Ciao!

25. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Luke finds out shortly after his marriage, I believe. "Black Fleet Crisis" deals with Luke wanting to know more about his mom, but the full story comes around the time "New Jedi Order" takes place. We won't hear that story until after ROTS comes out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.