main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Anakin/Padme portrait

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by chucks888, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chucks888

chucks888 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    I haven't done Star Wars stuff in a long time, and I must admit that I'm a bit rusty. Color pencil is also a bit unforgiving, since you can't erase it (if you can, I sure don't know how!) I think it turned out ok though, Padme was tough (as expected)

[image=http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/8809/ap1ld4.jpg]

As a sidenote, I actually did this to auction off-- intending to donate 100% of the proceeds to a Memorial Fund set up for an employee at Sideshow Collectibles who recently passed away. The fund is established in the interests of her three young children.

Thanks for checking it out! Crits/comments welcome!

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello chucks888, and welcome to Fan Art! This is a beautiful piece (and I hear you on the "can't erase colored pencils" thing! Arrrgh! ;) )--you say you had difficulty with Padme, but it looks just like her to me! Both likenesses are exceptional, and the way you've used the dark tones for the eyes really gives them punch--I also love the layered composition of the portraits--most excellent! We'll definitely be looking forward to seeing more, and kudos to you for the charity auction proceeds--a most worthy cause! =D=

Again--welcome, and thanks for sharing this!

FF

3. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    yeah, if I didnt know better, id say this was a layering of two movie stills that were run through a few filters in photoshop, its THAT good! Great job on the piece!

Keith "Nar" Kappel
    http://www.fandomcomics.com

4. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    that is beautiful. i love how you captured so much detail in so few strokes =D=

5. fgdinterceptor

fgdinterceptor Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2006
    I think it's absolutely stunning! I am really impressed at the subtlety of the line work, but you capture the detail of the face perfectly. I love your use of the white/highlights, but maybe more of a contrast in the darker parts, such as around the faces, and Anakin's clothes--would separate the two and would give it more depth and make it more dramatic. That's just my opinion. With that said though, excellent work! Love to see more!

6. chucks888

chucks888 Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    Thanks guys!

I was kind of getting my feet wet, I don't usually draw in this style.

Falcon: thanks so much for the welcome! I am an oldie though, just haven't been in a while!

FGD: you're right- there are always many more paths it seems to approach things, I suppose I just called it a day after finishing the exhausting bulk of the portraits [face_laugh]

Here's another related one, although it is not Star Wars (done also for the same cause)

[image=http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7747/arag11ul4.jpg]

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Beautiful, once again--the subtlety of these is wonderful, and I so love the way you emphasize the eyes... Gorgeous.

FF

8. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    wow, beautiful art Chucks!!!!
    I agree with FF, Anakin & Padme look right on. I love the misty look of these pictures. And Strider is awesome too--Love the eyes!!!!

God bless you and Merry Christmas!

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow! These are amazing! I've always loved the look of colored pencil/pastel on toned paper. It really brings out the highlights and you can just have so much fun with it. You've done an excellent job rendering the likenesses and all with a limited stroke. It's very reminiscent of Drew Struzan. Very well done all around! =D=

10. kennyboy

kennyboy Jedi Master star 2

Jun 16, 2006
    Amazing stuff!

11. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I like the way you do eyes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.