main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin - Plagueis Connection??

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sauron_18, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Anakin is solely Shmi's son, which would be possible in some way if she, say, cloned herself. But Anakin is male, and he doesn't look a whole lot like his mother, at least not more than a normal son would. But a normal son would have another source of genetic information.

So where did Anakin get his genes? Where do these force sensitive Skywalker genes come from?

I have a theory:

It has been heavily implied that Darth Plagueis did go through with his experiments and that Anakin Skywalker was a result of it. But how would Plagueis simply create a human out of nothing? Out of no genetic material? Well, Plagueis Was male, and we really don't know what he looks like, so there could be an answer.

This will probably sound stupid, or something, but I don't think it is. I believe, Plagueis based Anakin's template on his own DNA, which he would then have grown within Shmi Skywalker....

Why not just use hers? Well, here's were it gets more interesting (imo);

Shmi was not, to the best of our knowledge, force sensitive, she had no force in her and the probablity of her family (whichever that might've been) having it is doubtful. But PLagueis was force sensitive, and he was powerful. You see, the basis of my theory is that Anakin and Plagueis seem to be very alike in character, at least in the basics.

Plagueis was obsessed with keeping those he loved from dying, it was everything he did. Anakin was obsessed in keeping those he loved from dying, it was also everything he worked for. It is rather uncommon from all the examples we've seen to have a Sith Lord do things because of love, what are the chances that 2 Sith Lords only a Sith apart would have the similar traits.

In the Star Wars Galaxy, we've seen a lot of proof that when you clone someone, their basic personality traits will also be reflected on the clone. Jango's Boba, Jorus' Joruus, and others like them, clones who happen to develop similar traits and personalities to their templates.

If Plagueis wanted an apprentice, he would make sure that this apprentice would not be an Obiwan, someone who would never turn to the dark side. And what better way than using the template of someone who has already fallen.

And I could go even further, as to what Plagueis' ultimate plan might've been. He wanted immortality, he wanted full life, and as far as we know he did not find any truly succesful way of keeping himself alive (or others as far as we know). Sidious used clones, but they were basically cheap copies grown in Tubes. What if Anakin was the basis of that idea? If Plagueis was creating a body much stronger than the one he had, aka one created by midichlorians, so that later on he could transfer himself into this body. Sidious thought he was making an apprentice, maybe he wasn't.

I dunno, just thoughts. It would also add a weirdness to Sidious training Anakin, sort of the student becoming the master. What do you think?

2. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Interesting theory. The part of Plagueis - or Sidious - using their own genetic material in creating Anakin has been brought up before and I personally hope it´s true. Even if the Force would have been behind Anakin´s birth, the genetic material had to come somewhere. And he really doesn´t look like it would have all come from Shmi, like you write.

What comes to the Dark Lords´ motivations, everything would indicate that if either of them would be behind Anakin´s creation, their goal would have been to create the ultimate Sith, not a new body for themselves and that their quest for their own immortality would take other shape. Of course, we can´t really know anything certain about Plagueis´ motivion - if Anakin really was created by him...

3. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Yeah a new Sith sounds more plausible, as evil and selfish as the Sith normally are they seem pretty selfless when it means preserving the Sith.

Also, I think Sidious said in "Dark Lord" that he certainly hadn't created Anakin (thinks it), so that leaves Plagueis I believe.

I just mentioned it because I was watchin AOTC the other day and watched Anakins PostTusken Tantrum, and it just emanated of Plagueis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.