main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin pouches

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by AnakinMoonwalker, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinMoonwalker

AnakinMoonwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    Is there any way to make Anakin`s pouches that look very close to the ones used in AOTC. I am not interested in buying them online even though some online dealers make some pretty nice ones they just are way too expensive. I dont care if they cannot open (the ones used for the movie could not) as long as they look nice. Would wood work?

2. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    Sure, you could make wood work. But, there are places to get functional, accurate leather pouches that aren't insanely expensive.

3. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    In Episode I (I'm not sure about Episode II) there were solid as well as working hollowed out versions of the pouches, since the Jedi had to retrieve some gear from them in certain scenes. They were made of resin and painted to look like leather.

There aren't too many resources for making the pouches, since most folks either get generic pouches at military surpluss stores or they buy the accurate pouches on-line (virtually every Jedi I see at a con has a set of pouches from the same person).

Since the on-line pouches ($70.00 for the leather ones, $130.00 for the resin ones) are out of your price range, I would stick with solid pouches since hollowed out pouches will be weaker and probably require more revisions/retries than solid pouches will, and you will probably have to start over a few times whichever way you go. It takes time to get them just right, hence why the for sale pouches cost what they do.

I would try sculpy for the pouches, that might get what you want. The brown buttons can be found at a craft store along with the sculpy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.