main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Anakin ROTS Costume and Lightsaber 2.0

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Primrodo, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Funny enough most don't think hes brown, I had only a two ask me at SFX why I was in brown. Most assume hes in black, not because of the movie but because they wanted him to be Blck. We went through that here actually.

Its kinda like doing a ESB/ROTJ Vader costume. Do you do it all black because thats how it looks? Or do you have the dual colour with the gunmetal which automatically looks better, but most think hes all in black.

Accuracy is important, even with the clueless people.

2. darthdefyitall

darthdefyitall Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 15, 2005
    i look at changing the color this way: it's like making an ESB Han costume with blue pants. it's not correct to the movie, even though some people have "romantic" notions of the costumes because they don't pay enough attention.

I went through the same thing doing an Aragorn costume last year. People think the whole costume is black because of the digital color correction and desaturated look post-Fellowship. But I know it's grey and brown and green. So I guess if you want to impress regular people do it in the "remembered" colors and if you want to impress the regular people AND the nerds, do it in the real colors and make it really kicka$$.

in the end, though, to each his own.

3. xFALLEN_JEDIx

xFALLEN_JEDIx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2005
  4. darthdefyitall

Jul 15, 2005
    I got my Anankin glove today. pretty much the first major piece to arrive or be finished. so i am jazzed. i'm gonna go home after work and watch some simpsons in my Ani glove.:cool:

5. Danimaul

Danimaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    Darth-Aramis - sorry, thought I had posted the link for the robes... Here ya go!

BTW I really like my cheaper non-wool robe. Her Dark Brown color fabric is very close to correct... I'm sure her wool version is even closer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-WOOL-JEDI-SITH-ROBE-CLOAK-STAR-WARS-COSTUME-ROTS_W0QQitemZ6553376316QQcategoryZ99970QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

6. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Not bad, the price looks okay too.

7. Danimaul

Aug 20, 2005
    Yeah, I'll have to get a pic up in natural lighting of mine...

Anyone know the width of the leather strips that make up the boot spats? Look to be about an inch wide to me, but I'd like to be sure.

8. evilAnakin

evilAnakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2004
    Well im off for DragonCon tomorrow afternoon. Heading to the hotel on Thurs. IF any of you see me there or vice versa, give a friendly force choke......

9. Darth_Aramis

Darth_Aramis Jedi Youngling

Aug 27, 2005
    Thank you very much for the link! :)

10. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    I hope you have a lot of fun buddy :)

11. darthdefyitall

Jul 15, 2005
    I got my kit to convert my Graflex into an Anakin ROTS last night. It came with the gold circuit board for the clamp, the textured tape to cover the graflex logo on the clamp, grips, a copper colored eye, and a covertec wheel.

Everything went fine. The guys I got it from even included a partsofsw type pattern for the grips on the back of the instructions and a nice little hint about how to get the nut on the back of the hex bolt for the covertec wheel.

the only problem is that now I need to color the red button copper like the eye on the other side. I guess I could mask it off and paint it myself. Anyone done this? Anyone have a good way to get it copper? Anyone found anyone selling a copper button on eBay? Anyone?

12. xFALLEN_JEDIx

Jul 19, 2005
    I got one from a guy on ebay. It took over a month. It looks perfect! PM me if you would like his ebay ID.

13. weemansith

weemansith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    Well, got my glove off ebay last night. It's a rubies, but I will make the neccessary mods to it. Sweet price too, $10! I also look forward to getting the pouches from primrodo's buddy. I am so stoked!

14. darthdefyitall

Jul 15, 2005
    i almost did that too. I was gonna try and get a child size and an adult size and kind of "frankenstein" them together to fit my wierd skinny arm/big hand thing I got going.

then i said screw it and got one of DavidYR1's.

15. xFALLEN_JEDIx

Jul 19, 2005
    If anyone is interested I have a rubies glove that I was going to modify, but I started my doctorate program. The only thing is I have detached the buckles. I have the entire glove and buckles if someone else wants to modify them. I also have some costume boots size 10/11 that is was going to do the same but school is more time consuming. PM me if you are interested.

16. anifan

anifan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    oh i want them but school is about to start

17. xFALLEN_JEDIx

Jul 19, 2005
    Even though I am going to get the pouches from Primrodo, I finished the ones I have been working on. Check them out. I made them pretty dark. I like them that way.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/michbend/DSC03015.jpg

18. siLv_Rieekan

Jul 31, 2003
    not bad at all =D=

19. skywalker212005

skywalker212005 Jedi Youngling

Sep 1, 2005
    Thank you very helpful for me this years halloween.

20. Om3NxSkYWaLkA

Om3NxSkYWaLkA Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2005
    I just ordered my MR ani Ep3 saber, when i get it i will post Hi res pics for anyone that needs help with reference stuff

21. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Rebelscum.com has great pics lof the saber as is, it should help anyone in need.

22. SkYWaLkAdAjEDi

SkYWaLkAdAjEDi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2005
    Is Anakins glove hard to find?

23. Danimaul

Aug 20, 2005
    Thought you guys might be interested in a home spun cotton I came across in my search for tunic fabric... I almost was ready to get the info from Pimrodo for the fabric he had found overseas, then I came across this, and I must say am very happy with it. Here's a shot of it compared to about the same size section of the Anakin promo shots.

http://home.att.net/~dan.theman/tunicfabric.jpg

Oh and BTW I got it for $3.00 per yard, and it got to me in a few days.:cool: Anyone interested?

OK here's a link to it...
    http://fashionfabricsclub.com/Catalog_items.aspx?Query=k387

If you'd like some higher res shots let me know. It comes in a regular brown that will need to be dyed darker. Any suggestions on what dye I should used for this?

24. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Well its the wrong texture but not bad :)

The texture that the Anakin costume has isn't a weave, rather its a texture that is wetformed on the fabric, like crinkle cotton but it makes a seres of bumpy lines instad of wrinkled lines.

Not a bad substitute though.

25. Danimaul

Aug 20, 2005
    Yep, it's a weave and not exact but from two feet away it's a pretty darn similar look... and for a third of the price of anything that seems to be better I'm all for it. To me it looks much better than the crinkle cottons I've seen so far.

Got any dye ideas on this one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.