main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Anakin ROTS Costume and Lightsaber 2.0

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Primrodo, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    okay total newb question. what saber is that, the MR edition one? I'm pulling pieces together for a costume but I can't justify wearing that expensive of a saber for fear it might snap off.

2. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    On that note, I'm writing up a completely new set of Anakin Spat instructions (as I'm unable to find the old ones!), and hopefully Justin can find some room on the new site for you all to download the plans, once version 2.0 is completed!

Of course, you can always request them from me personally...

-- Dean -- (MadKidJedi)

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Oh for sure Dean :) Just be sure to pop over and join in :)

4. Queen-of-Naboo

Queen-of-Naboo Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2006
    Yay, I just signed up!

But just a note Justin, on the welcome page, you mispelled find. Instead it says sind. Other than that, it looks great!

~Tally

5. siLv_Rieekan

siLv_Rieekan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    even I signed up :p

6. ANAKINOS

ANAKINOS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    I think its funny everyone is posting on here now that the other site is up. I dont know just seems a little ironic and perverse in a funny way.

7. xFALLEN_JEDIx

xFALLEN_JEDIx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2005
    Ok All!

Im signing off of here!

Name change to "Parjai" on SOS.com

See you all there!

Out!

Mike

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    For some reason, I can't get to the site. Can someone repost a link?

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Cool site! :D

Henceforth, I shall be known as ...."Nelzani".

10. Queen-of-Naboo

Queen-of-Naboo Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2006

[face_laugh] Very true

11. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Justin,

I'm having difficulty getting on the forums at SONSOFTHESUNS.COM. I thought maybe I entered my e-mail addy incorrectly, but when I tried the second time, it said that that addy was already in use... I DID screw up when entering the confirmation code (a "zero" instead of an "O"...) maybe that fried it's brain? I dunno...

Can you help? Thanx.

-- Dean --

12. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    try and log in now Dean :)

13. SithLord7768

SithLord7768 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2005
    where is the area for registration on the new site??? I went to register and couldnt find it?? email me some info justin...

sithlord7768@msn.com

14. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    It is at the very top under PM, looks like a pen and paper...I'll look into changing the icon, sorry for the problems :)

15. DANakin327

DANakin327 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2006
    Hey everyone, I just felt like coming on here and doing some venting. I'm sure some of you have had similar problems before...

So, I ran into some money troubles and was forced to sell off my costume. My MP Productions belt and EL ROTS graflex were just sold on ebay. The belt went for 150 bucks (I paid 250 and only wore it once). The buyer received the belt, then contacted me saying that the belt was definitely worn more than once, and it showed significant wear and tear. So I e-mailed him back asking what signs of wear and tear it showed (when I shipped it, it was in the exact same condition in which I bought it). He responded saying that there were "countless wrinkles around the belt that show prolonged use" and that "if he tried to return it to a retailer, they wouldn't believe that it was only worn once". AHHHHHHHHHHHH! The belt is supposed to have a wrinkled texture. I put that in my auction description, and it says that in the MP Productions website!! Then he starts saying that no "retailer" would ever take the belt back! GRRRRR. Sorry for the rambling, I'm gonna go eat some breakfast now....

16. MadKidJedi

May 7, 2005
    Yeah, most of these morons who are new to the costuming game don't realize that George's universe has a "used" quality to it. That's what set the Original film back in '77 apart from all the sci-fi up until then. Everything else had always been sparkling clean and sanitary looking in space and on spacecraft until George released his vision; dirtied, carbon-scored and 'bots who comlained about getting sand in their joints. As a result, there's very few polished surfaces.

When it comes to the characters themselves (and their accesories)... they wear these outfits like, all the time, and are supposed to look broken in! As for the Ani-belt, yeah... it's got a roughed, worn-in surface. The leather sheen is supposed to have a bit of "wrinkle" to it. Why don't you send that idiot who returned your belt a link to Primrodo's fine archive pix from C4. Then tell him "he's no Jedi..."

(Kinda sad to see our thread dying here, but I still go to it anyway, as well as to our new home at SOTS...)

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    You mean there were no dry cleaners during the Clone Wars? [face_laugh]

18. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Has anyone compared the sizes of the Rubies child size versus adult glove? I'm trying to figure out which to go with as a woman with small wrists/hands and somewhat long fingers.

19. Lady_Skywalker13

Lady_Skywalker13 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 27, 2006

As another woman who does this costume, I used the child size. It came up perfectly as far as length goes, but I did have to take it apart and re-sew it because I have very slender fingers and wrist. So you would probably have to do that as well. But trust me, the child's size is better than adult.

20. SithLord7768

SithLord7768 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 2, 2005
    S_S edit: selling is not allowed unless it is a link to your eBay auction.

21. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Thank you Lady_Skywalker13! That helps!

22. aikidodoc

aikidodoc Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2006
    Someone suggested motorcowboy for boots - I had a REALLY BAD experience with them. They sent me the boots in the wrong color, and cut in a way not at all like their photos ( I took them to a cobbler who said he could do nothing with them based on their cut). To their credit, since they goofed the color totally, they re-made them (but I had to pay $25 return shipping!), but again, despite my request to make sure the cut of the front tongue looked like their photos, they came ALL WRONG. Even friends who aren't into Star Wars ask me why they look that way (!) So, $425 later, I have a pretty poor pair of boots. And the maker won't even respond to emails now. Contact me for photos - jramza@hotmail.com. I'd be glad to back up my words. Your call - do some research - and buyer beware...

23. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Making this one for a friend, just felt really proud of it so far, still needs hemming and the tabbards aren't sealed yet (not to mention the right belt) but I think it's coming along well...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Adalia-Durron/DSCF2335.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.