main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin ROTS VS General Grievous (Prime)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Pancellor Chalpatine, Dec 6, 2015.

?

Anakin Vs Grievous. Who wins?

1. Anakin

77.3%
  2. Grievous

13.6%
  3. Tie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It could go either way...

9.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    So what do you al think? I go with Grievous. Of course this throws out the prophecy. Pretend Anikin killed Sidious by surprise or something. SO Anikin doesn't have to live to fulfill the prophecy. So basically in terms of skill who's better? This is a battle,not a popularity contest.

2. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Anakin.

Obi-Wan was more than capable, but personally I think the Council was being slightly petty in sending Obi-Wan. Like they were just trying to go against the Chancellor's (false) request to send Anakin.

mikeximus likes this.
  3. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    I don't think they were being petty, Obi-Wan is stronger as we see in their fight where he isn't even capable of going all out, and Anikin is powered up by using YEARS of pent up emotions.

I think Grievous nearly killing Obi-Wan shows he can kill Anikin.

Grievous vs Anikin as a Jedi-wins with Mino difficulty

Grievous vs Anikin as Vader in ROTS (Before the suite) Grievous still wins with HIGH difficulty.

That's how I see it.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  4. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    Fair enough, but I don't agree.

Obi-Wan is shown to rely on luck for his victories a lot in the PT. Perhaps it is "will of the force".

Versus Grievous I admit Obi-Wan and Grievous were fairly even matched, but Obi-Wan defeating Vader on the other hand comes largely from who Vader was facing. Most anyone else fighting Anakin wouldn't have fared as well given how well Obi-Wan knows him.

mikeximus likes this.
  5. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Well I don't know about luck,the only luck case was Maul and that was more of surprise. So then how do you feel Yoda or Mace would fair VS Vader pre suite?
    Mace didn't exactly have a 1v1 fight with Anikin. he was off guard and distracted.

6. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    Plus regarding the Council, Mace even competitively states "The Council will make up out own mind who is to go, not the Chancellor".
    I think without this frustration at the situation, and without Anakin's commitment to his assignment to spy on Palpatine (an assignment he should never have been given), they might have chosen differently.
    At the very least, sent Obi-Wan and Anakin to fight him.

Lastly, Anakin's emotions arguably worked against him in the Obi-Wan/Vader duel.

mikeximus likes this.
  7. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    I guess. I agree about the Maul fight, that victory to me seemed more a demonstration Obi-Wan was calming himself (after being knocked into the shaft) and becoming the Jedi he needed to be, surprising Maul.

In his ROTS duel against Vader I feel Obi-Wan effectively fought defensively for most of the fight, then spurred by Obi-Wan's tactic of retreating to high-ground in an attempt to end the fight, Vader got cocky and attempted a brash move.

Hard to say. Would be a pretty good fight.

Agreed. The whole situation reflected Palpatine was trying to recruit Anakin, so it is difficult to gauge.

mikeximus likes this.
  8. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    I agree that they may have sent them both, but if they both went Grievous wouldn't have died most like. I don't think the Jedi have known this, or maybe they did but want to focus on teamwork but 2 jedi<1. I think it's because they are trying not to get in each other's ways.

And his emotions didn't hurt him, but help him from what I see. the only thing he did was be hot headed, that's normal for Anikin. I can't see them being petty over the chancellor. More of doing what was right and not giving him control of the council as well as sending the better man.

9. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    I feel Anikin beat Windu in speed. And as the chosen one, only Obi-Wan has demonstrated the ability to match him in the force,and that's at his prime
    (ROTS) So Anikin would beat windu most likely. Then again Windu might be stronger in ROTS then Yoda in TPM at least in the force.

As for yoda....he beat sidious (but lost because his size made him fly away after winning the force struggle)
    And I don't see Anikin as better then sidious that fought Yoda, maybe in lightsaber speed, but not the force. But Yoda's lightsaber speed is roughly the same speed Anikin showed vs Obi-Wan On mustafar. Yoda has agility, but I see Anikin having that same level too, or at least close. So I say Yoda wins over Anikin with high difficulty. When You pit Obi,Grievous,Yoda,mace,Anikin against each other no matter the match, I think they all have to go 100% out vs each other, They're all extremely powerful.

10. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    Interesting. It seems apparent from the films, the Sith are only ever defeated when a Jedi gets them alone (1 on 1).

His emotions helped Anakin defeat Dooku.
    But look at Anakin's behaviour pre-duel on Mustafar. On seeing Obi-Wan he totally loses it and chokes Padme for something she didn't knowingly do. The whole fight he is emotionally compromised, and it ends when he tries an arrogant attempt to finish Obi-Wan off by jumping over him.

If you look at the ROTS script, the Chancellor is playing them all from the start. To spark tension, Palpatine is purposely getting Anakin to relay a request to them to send Anakin for the mission, knowing they won't send him. Palpatine doesn't really want Anakin to leave, he needs him on Coruscant to attempt to turn him, and for Palpatine Obi-Wan's "tethering" presence on Anakin is gladly absent. The Jedi foolishly put Anakin right where Palpatine wants him.

mikeximus likes this.
  11. HevyDevy

Apr 13, 2011
    Hard to say based on hypotheticals, but Yoda seemed stronger than Mace.

Anakin never reached his full potential after being crippled on Mustafar.

My only problem with your argument is the power-level you attribute to Grievous.
    He wasn't force-sensitive, which will always bring a disadvantage in the GFFA. Obi-Wan can predict a lot of what he is going to do.

mikeximus likes this.
  12. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    *gets ready to travel through hyperspace to the SWC forum*

in any case Anakin...no question.

13. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    It also happens in TCW when Obi-wan vs savage and maul 2v1 he won easily, but when he had someone helping him they wer both losing and the woman lost her life. I know Grievous has that as a disadvantage but he has advantages too, like no pain, more lightsabers and limbs. I mean he nearly killed Obi-Wan so I put him in the top 5 personally. And I agree on his emotions getting in his way on mustafar, but that was more of the dark side corrupting his mind. Didn't effect his fighting as even before going Darth he would have jumped, he's VERY hot headed. And being blinded by your emotions and unable to control them is kind of part of the power thing, because if one person is a 11 in power and the other is 10 but the 10 has more control or speed then the 11 is gonna lose overall in terms of the battle.

HevyDevy likes this.
  14. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    We need more threads like these. No negativity. Just pure, fun hypothetical discussion about the coolest characters in Star Wars. Thank you, Pancellor Chalpatine. My avatar will serve you well in destroying planets, killing younglings and genocide of alien species. What is thy bidding my master....

Pancellor Chalpatine likes this.
  15. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Thank you very much :) I just came to these forums in hope of having fun like this, talking about star wars in a more a adult way, away from the trolls of youtube.

My bidding is you will go and see the force awakens....and we shale make it the #1 movie of all time! (Only to be surpassed by a future star wars movie)
    Once More Star Wars will RULE the theatres...and ...we shall have PEACE. :)

Deliveranze and CIS Droid like this.
  16. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Grievous because. Just because.

17. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Haha! Yes! Someone agrees with me! Funny picture BTW. I might just put a santa hat on Palpatine for this month :p

CIS Droid likes this.
  18. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015

If you want i can do that in PS. Will only take a minute :).

19. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Anakin would have won, just like Obi Wan did. There is little reason to assume that Grievous could have beaten either of the two. Even with everything going in his favour, he still couldn't take advantage.

As for the council. If they had been smart, they would have send Anakin and Obi Wan. There was no reason to send just one. This was the most important mission, it was supposed to end the war, and the two had shown to be a perfect duo.

20. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Not sure what PS is (maybe photo shop?) But I'm good. Thanks. I have this app that's fun to mess around with. :)

CIS Droid likes this.
  21. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    I...will...do whatever you ask...just help me save the franchise's life. I can't live without her. :)

CIS Droid likes this.
  22. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    To cheat Death, is a power only one has achieved, but if we work together, I know we can discover the secret.

23. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    I pledge myself.....to your...teachings...

24. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    We must move quickly...the Haters are relentless! If they are not all destroyed....a flame war without end!

25. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    What about the other haters spread through out the galaxy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.