main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin Shadow scene.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by starwarsofthesouth, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ididitall4thewookie

Ididitall4thewookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2004
    I think it could look like Vader if you are looking for it, but I never would have thought that unless someone brought it up. Coincidence.

2. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    Definitely looks like Vader. Even my g/f, who is not a SW fan (she hadn't even seen the OT by that point), when she saw AOTC in the theater, said "Look! It's Vader's shadow!"

3. Darth_Howell_III

Darth_Howell_III Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2002

That screen capture depicts the wrong moment. Too late.

I agree that that shadow looks nothing like Vader.

The telltale shadow is when she appears on the stairs. The shadow moves, as Anakin turns to look at her.

It blooms into a Vader-esque shape for a second, then goes back to normal once she is at the top of the stairs.

No one is looking at the shadow at that moment - they are looking at the shapely broad.

The same eye-catching phenomenon, by the way, that occurs when Kenobi strides toward Yoda's classroom.

Everybody is looking at the sultry blue-skinned Jedette strolling by, and pays no attention to the large statue standing there, in plain sight, force-levitating a ball.

Must have been an important Jedi, to earn a statue that is over one story high!

Where have I seen someone force-juggling a round object, suspending it in the air, like that?

It kind of... made an impression on me, a "gee, where-have-I-seen-that-before" kind of a thing...?

Who did that... who dispayed that mannerism...?

Oh, yeah - Anakin Skywalker.

4. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    <<<<<Very poorily done too. Instead of making it very subtile, they focused way to much on it.>>>>>

Please. It's not foreshadowing Vader at all. It's just a creative way of showing them talking, when you can't actually see them, but their shadows. Here it worked beautifully. The stupid close-ups with Anakin looking retarded and Dooku looking like he's eating giant cocunuts didn't.

5. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    A big thanks to Darth_Howell_III, who said:
    "The shadow looks like Vader just as Padme climbs up the stairs. Anakin, already casting a shadow, turns his head to look at her.

His shadow is spread accross a corner on the wall, and that's when it looks like Vader.

Not before that, not after that - just at the moment that Padme appears on the stairs.

It's the act of him turning his head that causes the shadow to look like Vader."

For the longest time, I had been trying to see the Vader shadow everyone talked about. I never could see it, and I just assumed that people were trying to see something that wasn't there. But I had always focused on the shadows once Padme is all the way up the steps, walking over to Anakin, and after that point. I went in and frame-by-framed the part that Darth_Howell_III mentioned, and I definitely think it looks like Vader at that point. As he's turning to face Padme...A Jedi shall not know love, indeed...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/krinklyluck/AOTCShadow.bmp]
    EDIT: Zoomed in on the shadow to see it more clearly.

6. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    :eek:

I see it!

7. Darth_Howell_III

Sep 12, 2002

Yeap! There she blows.

That looks just like Vader peering into the carbonite chamber to sneer at Luke.

Thanks to you also, for posting the thing.

A great big kiss if you'll post a screencap of the statue outside Yoda's classroom? I really want to get a good look at that mug.

8. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I apologize for the small size, but I can't enlarge it too much without it getting blurry.
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/krinklyluck/JediTempleStatue.bmp]

9. Darth_Howell_III

Sep 12, 2002

Does it look like he is wearing a hood? And he is clutching a lightsaber in his left hand?

Lefty, or ambidextrous...

...fascinating...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.