main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Anakin Skywalker: A Study by Lu'ara Solo Full post 07/21/03

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ZaraValinor, Jul 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    In order to put an end to the debate of whether or not Anakin Skywalker was the ?Chosen One? of history, I Lu?ara Solo, his great-granddaughter, has decided to compile this report of events archived in the recovered backup documents of the Old Jedi Order and through the visions of the
    past of, Ben Skywalker, my father?s cousin. Through these events I hope to lay aside the
    questions of whether or not Anakin Skywalker fulfilled his destiny and the confusion leading up to his fall from grace.

It is hard to determine at first why a child innocent in the Force and so strongly connected to its will could fall to the temptations of the Dark Side to the point of the very darkness his birth was supposed to prevent. It is without a doubt that his youth as a slave was a factor in such a fall
    from grace but there is more then just his complex.

Some of speculated that the sheer power of the ?Chosen One? pushed him into the arms of the Sith and that it had been a miracle of the Force that he had pushed away those teachings in Order to destroy the Emperor, not only saving his son, but allowing the foretold balance to be complete.

In hindsight we can see the clues to his fall so clearly and we still are slow to understand them. Yet we have the audacity to blame Obi-Wan Kenobi and the other Jedi key to Anakin?s life for not seeing the darkness that blinded them.

My hope is that through this study we might learn the tragedy of history so that it might not be repeated in the future.

2. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Interesting start. I'll be looking for more!

--later--

3. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Are you going to write a story? sounds humm humm. I loved it.

4. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    This looks like a really good start.

5. Shloz

Shloz Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2001
    Interesting premise. Might I assume that Lu'ara is the Jacen and Tahiri's newborn (in Thread, that is) daughter? She seems to have followed in Tionne's footsteps.

6. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Anakin?s mother, Shmi Skywalker, is clearly the rock of her son?s life. Making a detestable situation bearable and even cheerful. Such a woman would have been welcomed into the pantheon of the Jedi but fate has chosen a different destiny for her. Her son is incredibly strong in the Force, amazingly so, even considering the fact that she too is strong. It is in question whether or not Shmi was born to slavery or if at one point she had lived in the security of the Republic. In my opinion her strength of character defies either life situation. If the son is anything like the mother then my belief that Anakin is the ?Chosen One? is affirmed.

Excerpt from Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn?s report on the crisis of Naboo.

To start an analysis of the man we must go before even the beginning of his conception. For we are not only molded by our parents but the way our grandparents mold them. Ben Skywalker has said many times before that the Force and its paths are full of patterns. Perhaps because of this it is not surprising that the way Anakin Skywalker came to freedom was mirrored in the way that
    freedom was taken from his mother.

Ten-year-old Shmi Skywalker did not know what to think when her father lead her by the
    hand into the arena of the Skip Raceway. She was surprised and more then a little confused that she was being taken to the very place her mother had forbidden her. But her young mind refused to contemplate it any further then that. This was something that had been forbidden and there was a touch of excitement that clutched her chest and made her breath quicken.

As she walked her braided pigtails bounced against her back as she skipped next to her father, quickly forgetting that there was anything to worry about. Her father looked down at her and smiled, kindly, sadly.

?Excited Shmi?? Soraan Skywalker asked softly of his daughter.

Happily she nodded, her dark eyes twinkling with contentment. ?Yeah, Daddy.?

There must have been like hundreds of different species crowded and crunched into the limited amount of bleachers that hovered at optimal areas above the race track. Shmi?s eyes threatened to pop out of the sockets as they darted to one intriguing sight to the other. He mind could not process all that was going on around her and there was much that she was far too young to
    understand. Still, it was as though the very air was drugged with endorphins.

On a hovercart a vendor hopped from platform from platform, and Shmi looked up at her father with eager hope. He chuckled at her unspoken plead. ?What would you like??

?A torberry tart,? Shmi spoke up without failure.

It had been a long while since Shmi had the pleasure of sampling such delicacies although she remembered a time where there had been nothing else. If she had been old enough to notice such things she would have realized that the dress she wore was two sizes too small and that she was far over due for a pair of new slippers.

Soraan passed the money to the hovering vendor and the torberry tart was quickly delivered to Shmi warm and simmering. She bit into it without reserve, letting the sweat warmth tickle her taste buds. Juice trickled down from the right corner of her mouth and down her chin until a large strong and uncalloused finger swiped it away.

?Woah there,? Soraan warned. ?Save some of that for your mouth.? And those same fingers
    came to tickle her side.

She giggled, nearly losing more of the savory tart in the jester. ?This is wonderful, Daddy,? she chirped.

A shadow passed over him and the return of the sad smile touched his aging features. ?I?m glad my little Shmi.? There was the blare of horns and the announcer for the race came over the loud speaker.

Together father and daughter turned to watch the races, for Shmi it was a unlike anything she had ever seen or heard before, fast, sleek, and loud; for Sorran it held the hopes for his future. Surreptitiously, Soraan tipped his head away from the races and to the large Hutt on her hover dias, far above

7. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  8. Shloz

Mar 13, 2001
    That was a frightening vision, indeed. Horrible that things like that actually do happen, even in this galaxy, not long ago at all.

So, is Lu'ana our little newborn? And can we take this bunny to mean that Ben survives Thread unturned and victorious (now, is that a stupid question, or what ;) )?

9. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Shloz

That was a frightening vision, indeed. Horrible that things like that actually do happen, even in this galaxy, not long ago at all.

So, is Lu'ana our little newborn? And can we take this bunny to mean that Ben survives Thread unturned and victorious (now, is that a stupid question, or what )?

Just between you and me, Lu'ara is our little one. Survive is such a vague word but he is victorious.

10. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  11. jedimastersam

jedimastersam Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    Great story concept. Write on!

12. joy_noel

joy_noel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2002
    This looks great Zara. More please?

13. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Coming away from my sick bed, talk about Strep throat and bronchitis at the same time, to post.

Recieved a young boy today I did. Just a babe his is, yet when touched him I did, a strangeness I felt. There is a sorrow awaiting this one so young. Stong he will need to be. Will watch you Obi-Wan Kenobi I will.

From the Journels of Jedi Master Yoda.

You cannot address the parentage of Anakin Skywalker and not discuss Obi-Wan Kenobi. Sixteen when Anakin Skywalker was born, Obi-Wan was a less then likely candidate for a father figure for a young boy. But none other could be addressed in such a manner. For twelve years Obi-Wan Kenobi watched over, trained, guided, cared for, and worried for his young apprentice. Yet for all his efforts he still failed. Many can speculate why and although we have the vision's of Ben Skywalker to clear up many of the clouds of confusion there are still places he cannot go. He can feel the emotions of the past but he cannot become the past. Perhaps true understanding can only be brought through our own experiences.

As Master's we have one major flaw that follows the same as parents. Whether a Master or a parent we take a young life, mold it, teach it, and love it. In many ways we recreate what has already been created. As guides and guardians we forget that our charges are not clay pots that we decide to put in the fire, they are thinking, living beings.

Our flaw is in thinking we can control what is uncontrollable.

"He's just a boy, Qui-Gon," Tahl told the brooding Jedi Master who presently had made the cityscape of Coruscant his object of intense scrutiny. "We all make mistakes."

"We don't all leave the Order, Tahl," the man replied in a monotone even voice, the voice he used when he was pretending control. "He made his choice in the time of a breath, the Council needs to make sure that this decision to return is not the same."

Seeking fingers saught out the tea cup that Tahl had sat before her on the table paralell to the couch. Her sightless eyes pinched in a smile of satisfaction as her fingers came in contact with the smooth workmanship.

"You mean you need to make sure," Tahl said.

A heavy, stuttered breath came from the large man. "It's not that," he whispered.

She leaned forward in the cushion as though to get a better look at him. "Then what is it. He is truly contrite, came here of his own volution to make amends with me. The truth was he was right to stay."

Qui-Gon finally spun around to face her, she couldn't see it but she could feel the stir of his robes in the air, the way his breath sounded louder in her ear, if just perceptibly. "Was he? You didn't see him Tahl when I went back there. That planet could have easily destroyed him."

"Then why did you leave him?" Tahl asked.

"I couldn't force him to come," Qui-Gon countered vehemently. "I have no legal right over him."

She closed her eyes and let her back fall to the rest. "But you could have stayed."

"You would have died. You know that. No matter how many times we say we don't live on what ifs, you would have," he growled, for the first time letting the emotion boiling underneath him evident in his tone.

Tahl smiled gently up at him. "You saw a friend's life in danger and you acted, Obi-Wan, if you'll notice, had the same decision placed before him. Can you blame him?"

"That's what troubles me about Melida/Daan. When I finally accepted him he did everything I asked him without waiver. Sure he may have questioned me, but he did it. When he defied me on Melida/Daan, when I looked into his eyes, you know what I saw?"

"What?" Tahl asked, intrigue mixed with annoyance.

"Me," the word was on a breath of agony.

Wryly, Tahl cocked his head at Qui-Gon. "You know that's not necessarily a bad thing."

"It's the one thing I least suspected."

From the Dream Vision history of Ben Skywalker concerning his grandfather Obi-Wan Kenobi.

14. Shloz

Mar 13, 2001
    Hope you feel better soon, Zara. Your absence is sorely felt on all the fanfic forums!

EDIT: The full-length post is great. Interesting that Qui-Gon should be so disturbed by Obi-Wan's taking after him.

15. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Thanks Shloz.

16. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
  17. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Thanks Shloz.

18. ZaraValinor