main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin Skywalker G?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by Itchy_c, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itchy_c

Itchy_c Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    Is there an Anakin G lightside card? It is not in the new set. I looked on the wizards checklist site.

2. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    No there isnt, there isnt a Qui Gon Jinn A either :p

3. Itchy_c

Itchy_c Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    Now that's a strange thing to do! Maybe they will make promos or something. I'm still wanting a neutral or darkside Anikan with a picture of him chopping off the heads of the tuskan raiders.

4. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    I'm sure we'll see one. We'll have to see something like that in the Episode III set, although that is quite a far way off........

5. VaderFett

VaderFett Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2003
    What the, why just make A B C instead of B C D thats just screwed up.

Vader Fett

6. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I think they want to reserve version A of Qui-Gon for the ep1 set whenever it comes out. This will most likely be the best version of him we will see.

7. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    It's not that complicated, guys. When they design sets, they come up with more card ideas than they have room for in the set. Qui-Gon A and Anakin G just got bumped for some other card, either because they decided they didn't like Qui-Gon A or Ani G, or they just liked some other card more, or they just wanted more card variety/balance in the set.

Why not redesignate Qui-Gon B as Qui-Gon A? Or Ani H as Ani G? Probably because the decision to pull Qui-Gon A came late in the process and Qui-Gon B had already been approved ... maybe Qui-Gon B had already been submitted to the printers, even.

8. Babylon

Babylon Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2003
    Does a name matter?

9. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Maybe it dosen't matter...its just found to be peculiar.

10. Babylon

Babylon Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2003
    You will grow to learn that everyone is someone elses wierdo.

11. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    It's not that complicated, guys. When they design sets, they come up with more card ideas than they have room for in the set. Qui-Gon A and Anakin G just got bumped for some other card, either because they decided they didn't like Qui-Gon A or Ani G, or they just liked some other card more, or they just wanted more card variety/balance in the set.

Why not redesignate Qui-Gon B as Qui-Gon A? Or Ani H as Ani G? Probably because the decision to pull Qui-Gon A came late in the process and Qui-Gon B had already been approved ... maybe Qui-Gon B had already been submitted to the printers, even.

Then why is the Jango Rare from SR and the Jango rare for JG both called the 'E' Version? :p

12. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    That was a mistake and was errated. :)

In fact there are a few errata or clarifications up already at the main site.

13. Itchy_c

Itchy_c Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    I was wondering if it was a trick like, "Crap, I didn't get a Qui Gon A! Better Buy another box!!!"

14. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    That was a mistake and was errated.

Ah yes, just saw it :p

I was wondering if it was a trick like, "Crap, I didn't get a Qui Gon A! Better Buy another box!!!"

I dont mind, gives me another excuse to buy some more cards :p ;)

15. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    We should star a thread on all the errors in JG. I just noticed another last night. I forget the card but it is a ground unit and has Accuracy 1, and there is no parenthesis reminder text of what that means. We know what it is of course, but all of the other cards with accuracy have the reminder text and there was *plenty* of room for it on this particular card.

16. Jedi_Benji

Oct 2, 2002
    Yea, it might be that mobile atillery unit, but they are deciding to limit a lot of Shields and accurecy to just

Shields 1
    Accurecy 1

Very lazy :p

17. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Could the Anakin G have been a preview card?

18. Bacabachaui

Jan 24, 2002
    It's possible, but it would have been in the set if it was ever apporved as a promo since they make no hard to get "chaser" cards.

I think that is what happened with Qui-Gon A. He was supposed to be a magazine preview card and it didn't happen for some reason and then they decided to pull the card anyway so it did not make the set. At least I think that is what I had heard somewhere.

19. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    That's the best explanation I've heard for it.

20. russelguppy

russelguppy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Any news on if/when we might be seeing these cards yet?

21. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    November :p

22. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    I forget the card but it is a ground unit and has Accuracy 1, and there is no parenthesis reminder text of what that means. We know what it is of course, but all of the other cards with accuracy have the reminder text and there was *plenty* of room for it on this particular card.

I read on a Magic site that WotC is going to start removing reminder text for certain mechanics once they're so many sets behind (ie. "old"). This is to keep the text area as clean as possible. They also stopped printing reminder text for all the earlier mechanics such as Evade, Deflect, Shields, and Critical Hit.

23. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I think they started that in ANH, or was it BOY? I know some of those cards don't have the text, and I think the JG cards don't have the text from ANH and before, so probably when a set becomes 2 sets old (roughly 6 months) they'll remove the text from that set. Makes sense to me, but man, that text is rather nice :p

24. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.