main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anakin Skywalker In Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by G-FETT, Dec 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi of Baker Street

Jedi of Baker Street Jedi Master star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    It would absolutely make sense for Luke to appear to Rey, and for Anakin to appear to Kylo. Would love to see a wrap up where Luke and Anakin played a role in ultimately restoring peace to the galaxy. If it is all one big saga, that would be fitting.

wobbits, DARTH_BELO, TadoFett and 2 others like this.
  2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    If they bring Anakin back, I'd love to see a version of TFA's concept art. Specifically, if it is just Hayden appearing to Kylo, he wouldn't necessarily grab his attention. But if he first appeared as Vader and then as he got closer, slowly began to transition, first with glimpses of Hayden as the scarred, bald form of Vader under the suit and then eventually into Anakin from ROTS. He would begin by calling Ben's name as James Earl Jones and then switch to Hayden

3. Instant Force Talk

Instant Force Talk Jedi Youngling

Dec 23, 2017
    Kylo Ren once said that he could feel the Light Side calling to him. So that might be Anakin Skywalker asking him to not repeat his mistakes. But Ben rejected that call, and opted to continue Darth Vader's legacy. Which has me feel that Anakin Skywalker will not appear to him first, if at all.

Because I think he will appear as a Jedi Spirit to Rey. Simply because his former lightsaber did not call out to Rey, but rather he did. It will also explain why we hear two versions of Obi-Wan Kenobi's voice saying "Your training has just begun" (or whatever; just found out about it). And why it had chosen her over Kylo Ren.

But feel free to ignore this old fan and his mystic quest on hopes of finding out if his conclusions are either right or wrong. ;)

4. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I think it will be a missed opportunity if Anakin is not incorporated into the ST, and at this point in time, there's only one more chance for that to happen. I love the concepts and ideas they developed of him for TFA, and I do think it would tie the saga together quite nicely to have him in some capacity in the ST. I think some really interesting things could have been done with Luke and Anakin in TLJ, but, they obviously decided to go a different route.

Maybe in IX? I dunno. Bringing JJ back makes me think it might not happen.

5. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I think bringing back JJ does give this all emotional scene hope. It was set up in TFA with Kylo in the presence of his Grandfather's helmet. Concept art shows the Sith/Jedi killer communicating with a possible Force ghost. What an opportunity to have done this in TLJ. It would have been interesting had Snoke created a fake version of a Vader Force ghost to talk with Kylo. Then have the real Anakin Force ghost show up as Kylo finds out Snoke was using his Snoke and mirrors Force hallucinations on him. I loved this concept but a small part can still play out in IX. This would tie everything in and create an intriguing ending after Reys and Kylos lightsaber battle.

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Anakin to appear/be heard seems likely, though I believe it will only be using archived material. I think that's pretty disappointing, it could feel like a really, really cheap way of tying the trilogies together.

7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Anakin? I think he’ll be redeemed even though he had a hand in his wife’s death, killed a bunch off little kids, tortured his daughter, cut off his son’s hand, killed Obi-Wan, froze Han and killed a zillion other people.

The Exogorth likes this.
  8. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I really do think anakin will only appear if the story requires it. I don't see them finding a way to include him in early planning like they would say Luke.

Not only that but they already have Rey, finn, poe, kylo, leia, luke, lando, rose and other new characters. So It means there is already alot going in and most of that will be on the new characters, their story and how they solve it.

While it seems obvious to bring in anakin, they could also see it as a take away from the new characters if it depends on anakin solving a problem.

If anakin appears it might not be as glorious as it is just an average appearance.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think he'll be in this movie as a cameo wether a minute or 30 seconds of screen time. He's the most important character in the saga. This is the end with 9 we don't get 10 -12, so as a final ending for the Saga you have to have the main character there for a cameo. They even have laid the groundworks for it in TFA with Vader's destroyed helmet, you could argue his mentios in TLJ sets it up for him to have an appearance. I think they could give him the Yoda approach.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    This may be...askew of the main topic, but I wanted to say:

I agree with this idea, however I had a thought-when we compare Anakin's redemption to a possibility of Kylo Ren being redeemed, the difference is we're given quite a bit of plot development and exposition for Anakin/Vader, where him being redeemed is believable. With Kylo, we really know NOTHING about his motivations or what ultimately made him turn to the darkside in the first place-or even where he currently stands, after now two full films. The only thing we've seen in the way of this is him hesitating on killing his mother-but even that idea was never revisited. We're constantly pulled back and forth and back and forth, mostly throughout TLJ, on whether Kylo is resolved to the Darkside, or still has hints of light in him. Darth Vader's story path was far more defined and less wishy-washy, in his conflict that arose with the emergence of his son. We KNEW where Vader stood, by halfway thru ESB-so that his internal emotional conflict and saving Luke in the last film in that trilogy was moving and made perfect sense when Vader finally turned good.

I know that's kind of a tangent, but the thought just came to me...

11. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Aslong as luke doesn't get the yoda approach.

i suppose to keep it minimal you either stick to one character doing the yoda approach or they go all out with it. but i kinda doubt they will go all out with it as the more nostalgic you go, the more you risk taking away from the new generation characters.

But then they did get Ewan for the force awakens, but it was just for a 6 word voice cameo so its always possible they will get hayden to do something, even if minimal.

If it was up to me id like a Palpatine cameo and an Anakin cameo... i just dunno if thats abit much for one movie. especially when they need a purpose to do these things.

12. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    Anything can happen. Because there is very little story here. Anyone might show up: Tarkin, Plagueis, Anakin. Who knows?

Everything is open. Enjoy.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Tarkin, Plagueis, and Anakin walk into a bar. Palpatine is surprised to be sure and ducks, which is a welcome one.

14. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Luke's ghost appears to Kylo, then as they are arguing over the Force and Anakin/Vader, BOOM Anakin's spirit materializes, and the man himself joins in the conversation to give Kylo the philosophical beat down that's been coming to him for a long time! I think Hayden will look very similar to how he did at the end of the ROTJ updated editions.

whostheBossk and wobbits like this.
  15. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Seems kinda fan servicy though and this trilogy has done fan service but to a much lesser satisfying degree IMO. for example we could have speculated about luke how could have picked up a saber and used it in episode 8... ok well he did... he just didn't do much with it though because they clearly didn't see that as important.

Thats why i ain't expecting to glorified cameo from anakin, it would seem like special treatment to him and i really don't see that being something they would put alot of thought into.

my expectations are more on him appearing just as a hey remember anakin who become the famous darth vader?? rather then hey its anakin to give words of wisdom to his family.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  16. Turinsd00m

Turinsd00m Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    What if an Anakin cameo is actually the rumored MacGuffin? Snoke supposedly has a ring from Vaders castle so perhaps he somehow trapped Anakin's spirit there- maybe even siphoning power from him. After Snoke's death maybe a Force vision of Vader starts appearing to Kylo leading him to Mustafar while Luke leads Rey there as well. It takes both of them together to unseal Anakin's spirit at which time he is able to convince them to work together to stop this new threat from the beyond. A scene like that would rhyme beautifully with TCW Mortis Arc scene where Anakin pulls the Brother and Sister into submission.

17. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's Anakin, but he's voiced by James Earl Jones.

18. Turinsd00m

Turinsd00m Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    The truth is our poor MacGuffin Anakin cameo is probably going to just be a CGI Rendering of Jake Lloyd that everyone is chasing around until he leads them right into a KOR ambush. Their name is actually short for the Knights of Rendered Pre-pubescent Pod-Racers

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  19. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Dec 29, 2018
    I don't believe there's a voice of reason that Kylo would listen to. I doubt he's doing all of this for logical reasons. It all seems more like some kind of wound.

20. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Well according to abrams, or at least back when he was doing press for TFA he said Kylo dislikes Anakin for being weak, but worships Vader. so Anakin showing up probably wouldn't have that much impact on him.

I think if Kylo was redeemed it would have to be due to his own realisation, and not someone trying to convince a teenager to stop rebelling

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  21. JustASimplePorg

JustASimplePorg Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 6, 2019
    I'm a full supporter of Hayden making a comeback for IX. It's the last chapter of the Skywalker storyline, so he's obliged to appear.

What is more, having him interacting with Luke -and possibly Ben- would be quite a treat to see.

22. JediKnightYJK

JediKnightYJK Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 17, 2016
    I would literaliy cheer if Hayden appears in IX.

whostheBossk, themoth and wobbits like this.
  23. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Apparently Vader’s mask is inside Kylo’s new ship. He still loves Vader.

24. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Dec 29, 2018
    He'll be donning a version of that mask by the end.

25. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I'd like them to do something similar to recreating Tarkin in Rogue One. Anakin should be in the form of Sebastian Shaw, but.... with the hair of Hayden.
    They could then change the end of Jedi again, bringing Sebastian back, but with Hayden's hair. I searched around, but couldn't find a Photoshop of what I have in mind. I'm surprised.

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.