main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anakin Skywalker in the New Films

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by gambit420, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    No but that isn't what TLJ was about. Whatever Ben's total story is not present.

We are given Luke's failure in TLJ and that is what concerns his character. He failed Ben before Ben could fail him. It'd be like in ROTS if Obi-Wan was sneaking into Padme's apartment, sees Anakin and Padme sleeping and then drawing his Lightsaber out.

Anakin wakes up to see Obi-Wan hovering with Lightsabre in hand and Anakin calling his Lightsaber to his hand and crossings swords with him then turning then and there.

2. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    Except that is not factually accurate with what we are given in TFA or TLJ about Ben before that moment. We are told that there was darkness in him. That it was brewing. That Snoke was already influencing him. That all happened before Luke goes into Ben's hut on that fateful night.

3. MissJo

MissJo Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 6, 2015
    That is all fine but Luke literally says to Ben, I failed you. So Luke obviously blames himself.

That scene also mirrors Obi Wan and Anakin in ROTS

Poslato sa SLA-L22 uz pomoć Tapatoka

Lee_ likes this.
  4. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    I never contended that Luke did not fail Ben, but that everything that happened after that is not 100% on Luke. Ben is just as culpable.

5. MissJo

Aug 6, 2015
    Of course he is. But the problem here is what Luke feels. He gave up on Jedi because he thinks he failed Ben, he blames himself.

So in my opinion Anakin or Obi Wan would be better because Obi Wan lost a student to dark side, and Anakin because he was where Ben is.

The way the scene was done didn't really work for me.

Poslato sa SLA-L22 uz pomoć Tapatoka

6. Darth Droid

Darth Droid Jedi Master star 2

Jul 4, 2013
    And again we still have no idea why. The entire crux of his character is centered around him hating his parents and wanting to lead the First Order and WE DO NOT KNOW WHY. In TLJ Rey asks him why he killed Han Solo and he responds with, "Well Luke tried to kill me." That does not make any sense. If my uncle did something horrible that would maybe make me mad at my uncle but it wouldn't set me on a killing spree to murder my father, all of my Jedi friends, and start a new legion of nazis. There's something missing there, and it seems unlikely we will ever get it.

7. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I find it funny that this thread about no-show Anakin is higher up than any about Rey, the new protagonist of the series.

Ahsoka Blaster and ezekiel22x like this.
  8. MissJo

Aug 6, 2015

I mean people talk about what is interesting to them, so... Besides there is a lot about Ben here, who I find much more interesting they Rey.

9. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    He is the chosen one, conceived by the force. She is nothing, and has no place in this story. According to Kylo anyway. :)

eko32eko7 and DarthFixxxer like this.
  10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    As of right now, I happen to agree with Kylo.

11. ScreamingWoman2019

ScreamingWoman2019 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2018
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In TLJ, Rey wakes up and Luke is beside her. This is after her 'raw strength' episode. 'I saw it [darkness] in moments during his [Ben's] training'.

'It didn't scare me enough then. It does now'. So this time he looked inside Rey's head before training her, just in case.

He didnt find anything bad, apparently: 'tomorrow, three lessons'. But maybe there was some unnoticed downloading while he was looking, just as in the TFA interrogation scene.

So, maybe Anakin have been training Rey in TFA and TLJ via mindprobe.

12. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Except we know from TLJ that he closed himself off from the Force, which was why Leia couldn't sense or locate him through the Force.

13. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Luke closed himself off, not Anakin.

14. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002
    Doh! You're right, lol. I wasn't paying attention, lol.

That said, I suspected that Snoke was pretending to be Anakin and taking to Kylo through the Force, which would explain why Kylo "spoke" to the mask. Obviously, my theory didn't pan out.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    whostheBossk likes this.
  15. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm not sure how I'd feel about that,but I'm sure I could warm up to it if it's done the right way and that it truly adds something to the film. At the moment I'm not sure how I'd feel about Hayden being in the ST....

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  16. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    Imo there are 197 more pages than it should be for the (great) character who is not in ST.

17. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    So in light of the Episode IX trailer, Anakin better be back or his entire arc is pointless in I-VI.

Jedi Knight Fett and wobbits like this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Reminder to not post spoilers in this section of the boards.

19. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    This is what I had expected as well. I still believe Abrams would agree that was his intent, however because of some reason (Disney?) he didn't expand on it. Clearly after finding out that Palpatine has been "every voice you've ever heard inside your head", Kylo goes straight to the mask to see if it's true. He then finds several visions mixed in his head that I believe are from Anakin and Luke. It was stated in early concept that Treverow had Luke communing with Kylo. I felt this was a wasted opportunity as it could have been amazing had Kylo found out in TLJ that Snoke/Palpatine was tricking him the entire time. Would've helped his turn in TROS. Once the curse is lifted, Anakin could have been a spirit that was now able to infiltrate Ben's spirit to talk. At least we did get his voice to help lift up all the Jedi in Rey's battle vs. Palpatine.