main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Dojo

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Ultimate_Mamas_Boy, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    practice still on for tonite. And the times for this weekend will be decided, tonite. Rain or shine, we will practice. Plus i think that the photographers would like some good shots in the rain.

2. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    yeah, sez you. if i get the buick wet, i'm gonna be *pissed*
    we just had a monsoon roll through pitofhell, and out the other side. the wookiee sez he's not feeling good, so it's just me.
    see you anyway. unless i hear different.

3. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Have you dueling Jedi seen the preview with lightsaber combination moves on the lucasarts.com page for the ROTS game?

http://www.lucasarts.com/ep3/indexFlash.html#gameInfo.gameInfoFeatures

I'm sure you already have your choreography more than well worked-out, but you might enjoy just watching the digital Anakin strut his stuff and the digital Kenobi's great sweeping parries, or have inspiration for future performances...

- Kai

4. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    SWEET!! that's our boy! <ahem> boys... guys... Himself and Kim... whatever.

looks like a way cool game... wish i was any good at video games...but alas, i suck.

5. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Wow!!! Thanks for sharing that. While we have the choreography worked out, that clip gives me the ability to do some work on my sweeps and parries...oh man, lots of practice on my end now...But, I can see where I really need to adjust my moves.

Thanks!!!

6. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    As it stands now...we have a back up Emperor for CIII. (That trip to Kamino worked wonders):)

7. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    The idea of a "back-up" Emperor is just...

...terrifying.

Someone needs to talk to those cloners. They just have no sense whatsoever. (But congratulations on your back-up Emperor, nonetheless!)

And I'm glad the link was useful. I'm not much good at video games myself (and don't own Playstation or an X-Box). Even so, I was hoping this would be available for PC. Naturally...nope. *sigh* I'll have to live vicariously some other way. Maybe I'll get back into Shinkendo and pretend my bokken goes *whirrrrrr*... ;)

Anyway...glad the link was useful. I'll stop the com-chatter now and let you get back to practice!

8. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Dec 20, 2003
    ok practice on wed 6pm the disgresion of needing duku that nite is on kenobi.

9. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ani, we need to work on just you and I tomorrow night. Been studying the moves, and I have a better idea of what I need to do now. We will pick it up with Dooku on Sat. If it's raining still come over, we will either fight or work with timing on music.

10. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Kai..don't feel bad. I've been known to make the whirrrr sound with my lightsaber from time to time. :)

Felt even better when I saw the interview with Liam and he talked about the first scene he and Ewan shot they both were pulled aside and told "You both don't have to make the lightsaber sound, we do that in Post!" LOL

11. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Well, final Video and MC Announcement went to CIII today. As it stands, we are looking at probably a 50/50 chance of getting in. While it appeared that we were originally approved, I'm not sure what has happened now. But we are jumping through the hoops and crossing all the "t's" and dotting all the "i"s. Now it is up to the will of the Force.

Additional Practice tonight with Kenobi/Anakin at the whim of the Chosen One.

Sat and Sun practice will be set tonight. Music is almost through and should be ready to go this weekend.

We have 3 1/2 weeks to go, make sure everyone double checks, outfits, blades, sabers, makeup, plane flights and whatever else is needed. The clock is ticking.

Transmission Out.

Master K

12. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    well, bugger. didn't anticipate thursday practice. i am heading out the door to visit sister in hospital up in clovis... planned to stay overnight and hit friday night practice on way back... is there going to *be* a friday night practice? will try to reach master kenobi by phone to confirm.

glad video is "done" and off - hope all goes well. but if they want to deny the performance, a splendid time should still be had by all, perhaps enhanced by lack of pressure.

13. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    WE ARE APPROVED!! Ok now it is time to kick it up and get this thing going! WESA GOING TO CIII and GONNA GET TO FIGHT!!!

Master K

14. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    You had to go and put it into print! 3 1/2 weeks does not sound as good as "the middle of next month." The Darkside will get you for this Kenobi.

Golda

15. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Maybe, but the Light Side will overcome! :)

16. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Dec 20, 2003
    practice on for 6 on fri.
    -
    -
    What did the people from CIII say about the video of us?

17. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Basically that it looked good. I also think the footage from ComicCon helped.. :) They will get all the rest of the information about checking in, etc to me after April 1st.

Looks like now it is nothing but straight run throughs. Also, we had to submit names and cast list..so "George" is going to be the Emperor! :)

I guess that's the cameo for this one.

See everyone tomorrow night at 6:00 p.m at the Dojo.

Master K

18. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
    NO COOKIES FOR YOU!!!!!!!

19. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Oh, HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness, after all the hoop-jumping and red-tape cutting, you were able to get approval to perform. I can't BELIEVE all the effort it took. Congratuations, all of you, for winning through!!!!

I know you'll absolutely thrill the audience!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*capers around!!*

- Happy Kai

20. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Hey, Kai..you were instrumental in getting this done. So thank you thank you thank you. I firmly believe that the addition of your video of us at ComicCon is what helped to finally convince them!!

**OK, mental note: ALWAYS trust a hobbit to get the impossible done!**

For everyone else, just got Jos's and My mom out of the hospital and at my house. (She doing much much better). So for tonight, practice is cancelled (go and do your practice through meditation, seriously! It works!).. and we will pick up again tomorrow (Sat) at 2:00 p.m. at the Dojo, unless the Chosen One calls for an earlier time. I will try to contact everyone by phone also.

21. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    actually, i don't think "the light side will overcome" quite captures the theme of this next movie... or your routine, for that matter... but it does seem to have worked for you this time. excellent news! (and where is my copy?)

see you tomorrow, then. WITH my brand-new episode 3 anakin unleashed figure. (mine, all mine...)

22. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Oh my! I hope your mother is doing all right? I didn't realize she'd been in the hospital.

*sending warm thoughts and hopes for a good recovery*

- Kai

23. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks, she was in for we think diverticulitis. The on-call doctor refused to communicate with any of us and discharged her without even seeing her for the past two days...when the hospital admin tells you to file a complant with the Med Board, it says a lot. But thank the Force, she is doing great. Thanks for the good thoughts.

24. Master--Kenobi

Dec 8, 2003
    Ani,
    We have Clone Wars taped for you. It says a lot about Anakin and Kenobi. But, especially Ani. It also makes a lot of sense regarding some of the fighting. Anyways..ready for you to watch. See you tomorrow for practice.

Kenobi

25. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Ouch. Diverticulitis can be very very icky when it flares up. Glad she's doing basically ok, and hope she continues to feel better. :)

And...on an unrelated note...I gotta start watching the Clone Wars stuff!

(You're welcome for the help with the video footage! Glad I could be of assistance!!!!!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.