Anakin Skywalker's Jedi Dojo

Discussion in 'San Joaquin Valley, CA' started by Ultimate_Mamas_Boy, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    The Count and I returned from Leather World, I mean The Leather Factory. ( Leather World just sounds so much better.) I could not believe the prices they were trying to charge. The Count would have paidfar too much for more leather then we needed, but thank the Force I was there and managed to get a better deal. This man needs to learn some more about Sithing someone down. Of course, I was also thinking about all that possible leather we let go to waste on Hoth. (No, I am not talking about Tauntauns.) I will have to make a note of that for Sid.
    So, are we still on for tomorrow?

Golda
  2. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Practice Schedule for this weekend, 4/1/2005 (and this isn't an April Fool joke!) :)

Friday's practice is cancelled. So everyone is ontheir own.

Sat: 6:00 p.m. will go until Anakin leaves...so be prepared. We are working the ENTIRE routine straight through. So start your meditations now! :) (Seriously, we no longer have the luxury of refining bits and pieces..we now have to get this thing wrapped.)

Sun: 6:00 p.m. Same thing, practice until Anakin leaves. Remember, lets make this a fairly early evening. Daylight savings time and Mondays are NOT a pretty combination.

Also, due to real life and work interferring, there will be NO practice at all April 8,9,10. (Fri, Sat, Sunday). But double check, sabers, costume parts, makeups etc. Practice will pick up intensely at some time during the following week. Depends upon schedule. After that it will be almost nightly. We are on a time line.

NOTE: THERE WILL BE MANDITORY PRACTICES AT CIII. THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SAT AND PROBABLY IN THE GREENROOM ON SUNDAY. I AM CURRENTLY WORKING WITH THE DIRECTOR TO GET US AT LEAST SOME TIME ON THE STAGE TO WALK IT FOR FEEL, STURDINESS, SAFETY, ETC. THURS, FRI, SAT PRACTICES WILL BE MORE THAN LIKELY AT OUR HOTEL. DEFINITE TIMES WILL BE MADE BY CHOSEN ONE AND "GEORGE." So no complants from the peanut gallery.

Further updates as needed.

See you all Sat evening.

**transmission out**
  3. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    "Peanut Gallery?" I am no PEANUT! (much too common) I perfer Hazlenut. Also, I will whine if I feel the need.

Golda

PS We have five new furry things. They are sooooooooo cute.
  4. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's something to light a fire under my favorite Jedi...

StarWars.com has just announced that George Lucas is attending CIII.

Is it too much to hope for that maybe, just MAYBE he might see the performances like yours? One never knows, right? A bunch of the Weta folks attended the masquerade at Comic-Con a few years ago because one of our group talked it up when meeting them.

Just think about it...!

And I can't TELL you how much I now regret not getting my act together and going to CIII at all costs! Have a GREAT time!
  5. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought everyone knew about George being at CIII. I knew last week or perhaps the week before, I can't remember when I heard that he and Rick were attending. I don't believe however that they plan to be there all four days. Making another point about the absurd thinking of putting our show on Sunday. Maybe he will be at the celebration at Celebration Saturday evening.

Golda
  6. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Oops! Sorry, I didn't realize I was gasping over old news. :(

And yes, I completely agree that the timing for the show on Sunday is ridiculous in the extreme.

I am, however, telling ALL my friends who are going to CIII at all that they must attend the Sunday show on pain of death!
  7. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't be sorry. I can't tell you for sure how I knew and thought everyone else knew, but sometimes that happens to me. I have an imagine in my head of seeing a photo of the two of them together and a headline about their going to be at CIII. I just don't know where this was or if it wasn't a flash forward. Master K. can tell you that sometimes I just "know" things and am surprised when it actually happens. I mean to learn that it had not already happened, or sometihing like that.

Golda

P.S. Were you at LosCon? I'm not sure if we have met or not.
  8. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Golda, Kai is Master Frodo from One Ring Circus. Only the Best LoR group out there , and the ones that we look up to as inspiration in our performances! (You know we do, Frodo. So don't get embarassed!) :)

And, Kai, thanks for the support. We know that you will be there in spirit. Do me a favor, between 2-4 pm Indy time would take the One Ring and just hold on to it and send positive thoughts our way. Thanks! :) We will let you know as soon as we know anything. Also, anyone we know going to be there from your group (and you are also part of ours now too, so deal with it! LOL)

Anyways, practice went great! Good and exhausted.

So, night! :)
  9. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi Golda! Nice to "meet" you! Thanks, Master K, for the introduction. :)

Interesting about the possible "seeing forward." I wish I could claim a similar talent, but as much as I like the Jedi concept, I fear I am about as psychic as a doorknob.

Anyway, no matter how you knew early, I hope you're as happy and excited as I suspect you all are, at the chance of meeting The Big Guy himself.

I'll just send out those positive thoughts about a once in a million chance of him or some of the higher LFL brass seeing your performance!
  10. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    *waves to Golda*

**And, Kai, thanks for the support. We know that you will be there in spirit. Do me a favor, between 2-4 pm Indy time would take the One Ring and just hold on to it and send positive thoughts our way. Thanks!**

LOL! Tell you what, holding onto The One Ring is probably not a really positive symbol of luck! How's this...I'll get out my silver "One Ring Circus" ring I had commissioned to celebrate all of our incredible luck at masquerades, etc. and I'll wear that between 2-4 PM Indy time? :)

**We will let you know as soon as we know anything.**

Oh yes! Please do!!!

**Also, anyone we know going to be there from your group (and you are also part of ours now too, so deal with it! LOL)**

Not from our central group, sadly. Somehow, none of us got our **** together in time. But Ed Martinez, who is part of the 501st, is also the boyfriend of Nina, who is our Little Orc. He'll be there in his clone trooper armor. And a very nice fella named Kevin who has been integral in making my Jedi costume (because I'm being lazy and having someone more competent than I make it!) shall be there as well and I've been telling him all about you and how he MUST see your performance!

And I'm honored to be an honorary member of your group! *beams*

11. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    *Ahem*

Have you ever considered having this group play live backup for your duel?

http://www.aerosith.com/

*ducks and runs, weaving through the hail of blaster bolts*

(Just a little silliness to cut the rehearsal tension!)
  12. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    They look perfect to me. A group of nice, clean-cut boys. Maybe they could could "do" the Jedi Temple?

Golda
  13. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, I'm sure they could make a clean sweep of the Jedi Temple.

As it were.
  14. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    ROFLMFAO!!! (Tears running down face...)..That is great! Yup, they will do!

15. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    I like you, Hobbit. It appears that ring did you a world of good.

Golda
  16. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    :rolleyes: "clean sweep"... <boo, hisssss>

you're as bad as the nekkid wookiee!

bad hobbit! no precious!

17. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Aerosith, I love it!! "You Want This" rocks!

And I'm not naked... I'm just follicly challenged.

18. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    **I like you, Hobbit. It appears that ring did you a world of good.

Golda **

Ring? What Ring? *wide-eyed look*

And...should I be frightened when someone called MotherPalpatine says she likes me?

;)

- Uncertain Hobbit
  19. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    **bad hobbit! no precious! **

------------------

*glare/sulk*

;)
  20. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    hmmm... i think you want this kinda gently blows... but i like the imperial march... [face_dancing]

it's a funny idea for a band... and the name is the coolest. wish we'd thought of that, it's even cooler than infernal racket!

21. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, not so sure about the band's sound, but the name is awesome and the photos cracked me up!

*head bangs and yet again commandeers an otherwise perfectly useful thread with inane crap*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.