main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin Solo and LOTF(possible Inferno spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthMane2, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Krayt being Anakin would have worked perfectly, but the teasing by Denning seems far more interesting. I think it's fair to say that the actual Anakin Solo will play a part by the end of the story. Denning is writing the last book after all, and he was the one to kill him off in the first place.

What do others think Dennings plans are for Anakin? Will Anakin come back as a force ghost, return in a fleash and blood form, or will Denning tease just to continuie the long line of pissing people off? He definitly needs to be careful, the events in Inferno(trust me it's nothing really major, just give people ideas for a return) could very well lead to a actual rebirth. If he plays this game and it goes nowhere, I can see some major pissed of fans.

I'd say this would be the last chance at Anakin ever having a chance at returning. It's the last logical way for a return, without doing something silly to make it happen.

My personal belief in how what he has planned, is that Jacen will die, but somehow bring his brother back to life. One son will die, another will live again. I mean it works great for Denning, if this is what he has planned. He gets to kill off the one who many fans agree should have been killed off, and gets to bring back the one whose death has caused him great fan bashing torment. Thus he no longer has to deal with any more Anakin Solo death bashing. It's a damn powerful ending to.

No Inferno-related discussion outside the sticky. Use a pre-existing Anakin thread if you want to discuss him possibly coming back, so long as Inferno spoilers do not play a part in it.

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Krayt being Anakin would have worked perfectly

Except, Anakin, unlike Jacen would die before serving the Dark Side.

3. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    you much remember that your working with fiction. Which seems to be a problem in the Star Wars fan base. The use of imagination doesn't seem to come into play. This in the end might be what's wrong with Star Wars.

For instanse. The body was a clone and The chicken takes the real Anakin and poisons his mind.

Either way it didn't happen, but a far more perfect and final(like I said it's the last chance I see at it happening) way to give him a rebirth is possibly at hand. Doubt it will happen, but hell I at the point now that I think a rebirth would be quite entertaining. Anakin is fun to read about.

4. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

If Anakin Solo were ever to come back some home, I would have thought it ok if it happened during the NJO series. It's Ten or more years after his death now (Ten years since his body was torched on screen). The only way to truly bring him back would be through Jacen flow walking back to Myrkyr and making sure Anakin does not die. That would be a huge mistake, if only because it would make no part of the entire Star Wars story as we know it safe from being invalidated. We have already seen the Jacen can travel as far back as Pre-Vader Anakin Skywalker so his being able to really directly effect past events to the point of saving one from dying would be profound....especially in an Out of Universe sense.

The writers have currently come under fire for writing poor stories (Not from me, but from quite a few others) and this would give them an "out" of anything that they ever wrote that painted them into a corner or was very poorly received by the public. Something like that would give them the Ultimate pass to write poorly.....the ability to retcon their messes out of existence.

If it is determined that they need Anakin Solo to show up, the only way I would find it appropriate would be in "Force Ghost" form....or "Force Voice" form. Maybe to give the other younger Jedi some thoughts on how to try to end the Sith threat permanantly or maybe to give Ben a force slap upside the head and say "Hey, my brother is a Sith Lord. You probably shouldn't hang around him. Your father is a very wise and compassionate Jedi. He's not going to be mad at your for everything. Suck it up and be a Jedi" or something.

5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    The body was a clone and The chicken takes the real Anakin and poisons his mind.

I consider it character assassination.

Theoretically, yes, anyone could be turned evil.

But turning Anakin Solo into a one hundred year old murderer of children and entire worlds is not my idea of honoring his Legacy.

I'd prefer him dead than Dark, even if he was to be redeemed.

Your mileage may vary.

6. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    but he is dead... so no...

7. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    As far as we know Jacen is the only one who can flow walk. I would assume that even LFL would think as you do with the flow walking. Tis why wants Jacen is dead, the secret of the power would die with him. Then the possibly the single, or one of the, greatest mistakes in Star War EU would finally be fixed.

8. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Actually that's not a very good rebuke for this thread, even if sarcasm is behind it.

9. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    No spoilers outside the sticky. You can either wait for release day and then ask a mod to start (or unlock) a thread, or discussion can continue *without* Inferno spoilers. In which case, we already have several Anakin Solo threads available. Such as one involving his return and one just plain discussing Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.