main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin Solo as a Christ Figure?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JM-Anakin-Solo, Apr 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM-Anakin-Solo

JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I just thought of something today that I don't think has been mentioned yet.

Many books have a Christ figure. I have long though of Anakin as the Christ figure of NJO. There are several major hints at this:

1. The slaves and shamed ones looked up to Anakin, just as the slaves looked up to Christ.

2. Mary covered up her son's dead body with a burial shrowd just as Leia covered her son with a cloth.

3. Christ's body disappeared after he was buried. Anakin's body has been destroyed with fire to effectively make Anakin's body disappear.

4. Christ had to struggle with carrying the cross until he was unable to and Simon was called to help. Anakin had to struggle to walk and keep the group safe until Tesar helps him along.

5. Christ is able to perform miracles. What Anakin does through the Force might be considered to be miracles to some.

6. Prophecies were made of Christ and he fullfilled them by coming back. Anakin has many prophecies told about him... it remains to be seen if he will come back to fullfill them.

Then there is this, which made the pieces start falling together in my head. Anakin was wounded through the stomach. He was impaled with an amphistaff. When Christ died he was also run through the stomach.

I believe Anakin is the Christ figure of the NJO. His life so far has modeled Christ's life according to the Bible. Does Anakin being the Christ figure mean he will come back? No, not all Christ figures come back, take Billy Budd for an example. But if they continue with the Christ figure mantra then he may come back.

If he comes back in Force Heretic then I think it would be fitting that Force Heretic is a trilogy. The Bible says Christ rose again in three days and it would be fitting if Anakin came back in three books.

Also Anakin is one of the defining characters of the New Jedi Order, could be similar to Christ inspiring chrisitianity or opening the gates of heaven.

I think there are many clues to the fact that Anakin is the Christ figure and I hope that means he will be back. I would want his death to be explained as a more symbolic death. Maybe he didn't really die but everyone thought he did so when he returns it will be like he is returning from the dead.

=====================================
    NOTE: I am not saying Anakin is Christ... just that he seems to be the Christ figure of the NJO.

If anyone has any other examples of how Anakin might be the Christ figure please post them. Or, if you disagree please post and say why.

2. scorepeein

scorepeein Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    Very interesting theory. I also tend agree with it.

3. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    I think that several people in star wars have christ figures attached to them... look at obiwan:

"if you strike me down I will be more powerful than you could ever image"

I think that him sacrificing himself opened the "gates" for that new plane of jedi, He went there, Yoda went there, and Anakin Skywalker went there. it is yet to be known who else will go there, but it is quite possible Anakin Solo might end up there, and other jedi that die. This leads speculation that Obiwan opened a gate for masters.

Whatever, I'm tired.

Cya
    Mike

4. DarthBurns

DarthBurns Jedi Master star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    Its just like Anakin Skywalker, who's mother conceived him without having known a man's touch.

5. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I don't believe in dieties so I wouldn't know. Though I do think he's a maytr[sp?]

6. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Well, to be honest, you really don't need to believe in dieties to see Anakin as a Christ figure. There are people that see the Bible as just a great work of fiction and even the non-religious use it as inspiration for stories, because of how many people can relate to it.

I believe it is more than just a story but let's try to stay away from personal religious beliefs (Violation of TOS?)

But, yes he may just be a Martyr. I still retain hope that he will return.

7. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    Well this is getting interesting. We have Christ and a Phoenix. A most interesting scenario. The Phoenix will rise again and Christ did as well...

8. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    pheonix? I'm not a pheonix. unless you weren't adressing me. Agnostic through and through. Now, Ankin will porobably used in holocrons as an idol and sybmbol

9. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Very nice theory

10. DarthSikle

DarthSikle Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Sounds good to me...also, his strike force originally had 12 members didn't it?? 12 apostles???

Now to figure out who betrayed him?

11. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    his strike force originally had 12 members didn't it?? 12 apostles???

Whoa... I'm going to go check that right now. I'm not sure but if that is correct that will be a huge sign.

::searches for copy of SBS::

[edit]
    Ok, well there were originally 15 on the strike team, but when he made his last stand there were only 11. Christ had more than 12 apostles originally but when he was arrested only 12 remained. However, if you subtract Judas as an apostle because he betrayed Christ then you might come up with a count of 11 apostles.

Here are the remaining Jedi from the strike team as I count them:

Alema Rar
    Ganner Rhysode
    Jacen Solo
    Jaina Solo
    Lowbacca
    Raynar Thul
    Tahiri Veila
    Tekli
    Tenel Ka
    Tesar Sebatyne
    Zekk

If I missed one or counted one that died please tell me and I will change it.

12. Lukie

Lukie Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2002
    Wow... that's freaky. Ripping off the Bible for plot lines = un ultimate low. :p Just joking. :D

13. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Ripping off the Bible for plot lines = un ultimate low

"From a certain point-of-view" :)

You might also see it as the ultimate flattery and acknowledgement of the importance of the Bible :)

14. Lukie

Apr 13, 2002
    And I thank the Lord for both books! :)

15. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
  16. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Maybe Viqi Shesh is the Judas of NJO... then maybe Borsk Fey'lya could be Pontious Pilate

:)

17. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    I was sitting in church today listening to the Gospel and they referred to the remaining apostles as the eleven. There may be a good connection between the strike team and the apostles. Before I had thought I was stretching but now I think it might be intentional. :)

18. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    JMAS, I heard that Gospel today too, and also noticed the parallel. Cool stuff.

JMA

19. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Let's try to keep the parallels coming. Please post any similarities you may have noticed. There are probably tons more that we just haven't noticed.

I'm about to sit back and read the Bible some more. Maybe I can find some more links. :)

20. mr.binks

mr.binks Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 1999
    I like the "Jacen Solo = Christ done right (to make up for Anakin Skywalker giving into temptation). And Anakin Solo = overly powerful fool who, only at the end, truly understood." interpretation.

21. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    Really? I see Jacen as more of a Peter or Paul setting up the New Order of Jedi and kinda taking over, should Anakin not return.

22. Lukie

Apr 13, 2002
    I'm with JM on that parallel too... It's kind of eerie how these parallels are so tangible- so well...parralelic like! :D

23. Veng_Commando

Oct 26, 2001
    is all of this against the TOS?

Anyways, would Thairi be mary magdalin?

24. JM-Anakin-Solo

Mar 18, 2002
    This shouldn't be against TOS because it isn't about religion. A Christ figure is an actually literary device.

Tahiri could be a Mary Magdelin but she also makes up one of the eleven left on the strike team.

[edit] Honestly, I don't know much about Mary Magdelin so I really can't be sure [/edit]

25. Sith-Pirate

Sith-Pirate Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2001
    Yep, there's been many fiction stories that copied the Bible. Ever see the movie Tron? I saw it when I was about six.

Only when I was older did I realize it was mostly taken from the Bible, with Flynn as the Christ figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.