main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Anakin Solo Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Force Smuggler, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    This is a thread to talk about Anakin Solo.
    Great moments include the activation of the repulsors and Centerpoint Station in the Corellian trilogy, him and Tahiri solving the mystery of the Golden Globe, his debates with Jacen on the Force, saving Tahiri on Yavin 4, adventures with Corran Horn and the ill-fated mission to Myrkr.
    What do you like about Anakin Solo?

2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I believe Palpatine did actually manage to take over Anakin's body in Dark Empire: Empire's End.
    :)

What do you want to discuss?

3. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Why do you think that? Or is that a attempt to move the conversation on? Though in all seriousness I think that it might be possible a small part of his soul might have gotten into Anakin and tried to corrupt him with the Vader nightmares. But he broke it during the JJK series

4. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I've only read one book that features Anakin, Vector Prime. He was OK in it. What other books is he really good in?

5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Edge of Victory duology. His crowning moments before Star By Star. He has some good growing moments in the Dark Tide books as well. The Junior Jedi Knights are good as well.

Revan_AnakinSolo likes this.
  6. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I was thinking about getting Dark Tide duology, not so sure yet. Is Mara Jade featured heavily in it?

7. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    A good bit yes. She helps Anakin grow in his philosophy.

8. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin Solo, killed by the Flanneled One for no good reason.

9. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Killing likable characters makes the story more real. Heart-wrenching agony soothes the soul...

But yes, I agree, no good reason indeed:p

10. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Mara Jade gets her groove back in this duology. She and Anakin have some interesting master/apprentice moments. There's a lot of characters from the X-wing series and comics, so if you enjoy those, you'd like this. Also Corran.

I just got to Traitor, but I feel like killing Anakin was a big mistake, story-wise. Up to this point, Jacen hadn't been important. There's a potential love story, fall to the dark side (with Tahiri because it's pretty clear where they're gonna go with her), self-redemption (and possibly terrible loss) all in Anakin's character set up that got erased when he died. I feel like the only reason they didn't kill Jacen was because all of a sudden twins are important.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    I wonder what if would've been like if Anakin lived and Jacen died In the NJO. What would his character have been like in DNT/LOTF/FOTJ?

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    This is what I want to know! All of those series would have been vastly different. Anakin wouldn't have gone on that Force trip, wouldn't have become evil by listening to Lumiya, wouldn't corrupt Tahiri, wouldn't instigate a galactic war, wouldn't wallow in self-pity trying to get his brother back or at least I hope he would be more rational than Jacen was. Abeloth should not have happened etc. Allana might not have been born...

13. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The OOU reason for Anakin's death was because Lucas didn't want us getting Anakin Skywalker and Anakin Solo mixed up. Going into Star By Star Anakin's story was way more entertaining.

14. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm surprised Lucas was okay with killing any of the Solos.

Why didn't Anakin turn into a Force ghost when he died?

15. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Anakin Solo was supposed to become a great Jedi Master (the leader of the Jedi Order after Luke), according to the books published before the publication of the NJO novels. And what did the writers of the NJO novels do? They just killed him off. A pity...

16. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    Allana Solo wouldn't have been born :'(

17. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Anakin would have survived Myrkr to defeat Supreme Overlord Shimmra all alone, but got mortally wounded in the act of doing this. Jaina and Jacen saved Anakin Solo, who in his last consciously spoken words tells them they have won and that he loves Tahiri Veila.

Anakin is brought to Coruscant and put into a golden throne in the New Imperial Palace which substains his life artifically. The peoples of the galaxy proclame him as their rightful leader of all species, so he becomes Imperial President of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances. From now on, he needs the life force of 100,000 sentient beings per day to survive.

To get the own life force drained by Anakin Solo is the greateat honour possible, everyone wants to die for him, if not this way than through fighting in his name for the Galactic Alliance. Supreme Overlord Shimmra didn't die, too, he's been saved by the Myrkr Strike Team, on Coruscant he awoke from unconsciosness, 'cause Jedi have transferred his life essence into a new body which can feel pain. Shimmra will be tortured every day in the most malice ways possible, done by members of Galactic Alliance senat, each new senator has to torture him to death, while Jedi transfer his life essence into a new body to be tortured and so on. It has became a capital crime to say anything negative or critical about Anakin Solo, he is beloved by all people, those who don't like him will get their minds altered by the Galactic Inquisation .

The Galactic Alliance is a theocratic/magacratic authoritan monarchy under Anakin Solo's rule through absolute power from his golden throne on Coruscant, but he's being representated by Jaina Solo, who's de facto Galactic Alliance Chief of State, because Anakin, well can do nothing but sleep in his throne and use the little consciosness left to substain faster-than-light travel, since a Force shock after the Second Battle of Coruscant (YV war) has crippled the fabric of hyperspace somehow.

For most people to praise Anakin is their primary reason to live. Coruscant gets more and more populated, because everybody wants to be near to the God Emperor of Skyriver, many beings prefer to live in the under city's slums as outcasts than as kings on Mid Rim worlds. During mass pilgrimages to the capital world each year the planet becomes so overcrowded many visitors get walked over or starved to death, but no one cares, it's better to die on Coruscant than to life everywhere else. The Galactic Center has become a planet-sized temple.

All the Jedi's goal is to give every sentient being in existence the opportunity to praise Anakin Solo. If you don't want to do this, your will will be declared "irrelevant" by the GFFA, this means you'll be forced to like Anakin Solo and honour him. The Great Galactic Liberation War united the entire Star Wars galaxy, including the formerly unknown Unknown Regions. Coruscanti scientists discovered a way how to leave the galaxy. First contacts happened shortly after, this is where new SW materials like novels, comics and games are set.

The good guys are his Imperial Majesty Anakin II. Solo of Coruscant to Skyriver, his god-like siblings Jaina and Jacen, like all official Galactic Alliance citizens. Primary antagonists are Dark Sider users, because in their selfishness and arrogance they prefer to live just for themselves and not for a semi-dead unconscious 17+ year old boy lying in a life support system on a planet thousands of light years away, yes, Dark Siders are so evil!, extra-galactic forces that are not evil, just victims, because those poor souls don't realize what's the real pure joy of love - being a slave of Anakin Solo! - yes, they are not evil, just really dumb and there's a new rebel group in the galaxy, too, which has to be stopped. Kneel down in front of Anakin Solo!

This is what have happened. A Star Wars dystopia or utopia - it depends on your point of view.

18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Killing of Chewie and Anakin in the NJO novels somehow seemed normal, but killing off Jacen, Thracken Sal-Solo, Pellaeon and Mara in FOTJ didn't seem normal at all. In an instant, they just killed off two of the most memorable EU Characters which were introduced by the Godfather of the EU, Timothy Zahn.

19. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    I really need to stop coming in here before finishing NJO and beyond. Oh well...

Thracken Sal-Solo wasn't one of Zahn's characters. I'm pretty sure he showed up in the Corellian Trilogy first.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    He was referring to Pellaeon and Mara

21. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    <--can't read worth a damn, apparently.

Yeah, hearing that Pellaeon and Mara are (going to be) dead hurts more than Chewbacca's death. Anakin's death really hit the hardest for me. I was really shocked when it was clear that he was really, seriously, and irreversibly dead. I never would have thought they would kill him, which makes him a good character to kill for shock value, I guess.

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Chewie's death hurt the most. I didn't get to feel the impact of Anakin's death since I knew he was dead before I read SBS. Pelleaon's death was expected to happen to soon anyway. Mara's death was done badly but I was fine with it because it got rid of someone from the OT generation. Move on to the next generation!

23. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    I literally went to school wearing a black armband for a week after reading Vector Prime. I got a lot of weird looks from people.

I am ready for a new generation of Star Wars characters, but I don't want the old ones to die. I realize it's inevitable though, but that doesn't make me happy about it.

24. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    They should let more characters die because of age. In my opinion, they should have let Pellaeon pass away in his sleep or something like that.
    The only characters I can remember who died because he was old were Ackbar and Mon Mothma.

25. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Maybe Anakin could come back as a Force Ghost to his sister in Sword of the Jedi?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.