main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin Solo

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarkJediDurron, Feb 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkJediDurron

DarkJediDurron Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I think it really sucks that Anakin Solo died because him and Kyp were the future of The Jedi Order. Do you think Anakin should have died

2. very-superior

very-superior Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2002
    As I have said, no. Kyp should have died instead.

3. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Yes. He had it coming. And, aside from him and Kyp, there are a bunch of other Jedi who are the future of the order as well...

4. Gotrat_the_Knight

Gotrat_the_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2001
    Well seems a littel late, but what ever.

People tend to forget that befor Anicken died he became somthing greater then anyone had ever seen. This odviouslly needs to be expanded on. Maybe this will be a normal thing for Ben, or Jacen? We really need not look at what he could have done, but what he did do.

5. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001

It was Anakin Solo's destiny to sacrifice his life so the Jedi could complete their mission and kill the Voxyn.
    he had reached his Balance point entrusted his brother with the war.

6. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I realize SbS has been out for a while now, but the topic name should still probably be editted. Just pointing that out... [edit: note that I'm just saying this because the last topic that had that spoiler in the title was subsequently changed by an admin. Anyway, this doesn't really matter anymore, so...]

As for the actual topic, while I loved Anakin and was sad to see him go, I personally don't bear any grudges toward Del Rey for killing him off. It furthers the story in a way no one could have predicted and was incredibly well-written. If Anakin had to go, at least he went out brilliantly. And hopefully the things he'd started to accomplish towards the end will be finished by another...

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    SBS has been out for 4 months. That's plenty of time for everyone to have read it, and therefore, we don't need to have spoiler warnings.

8. Keyan_Stele

Keyan_Stele Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2000
    Unpredictability is a poor reason for plot decisions. It usually indicates poor planning and plot layout in something like this project (the NJO).
    What was even cornier about the whole thing is that one of the youngest jedi in the order was designated to lead this mission, which was also chock full of young jedi. It was like being back in the Young Jedi Knights books. Completely and utterly implausible. Kyp or Luke should have led the mission, regardless of identity exposure or risk. Clearly if it was the most important problem facing the Jedi, a MASTER should have led the team. Any Master.
    Besides, there's more than one way to fly to a planet. The entire reasoning for narrowing things down to Anakin leading and no Masters going was sketchy at the very best. What if a master gets captured? Oh no! So what! Let's just send our only weapon that can do anything against the Vong and let's send him as if he were a master. Farce.
    Tahiri? 14 years old? A jedi commando? B.S.
    The entire mission was a joke of a plot device just to get Anakin into a situation where he could dramatically meet his fate. And since it was all forced, the drama was empty. And Jaina. Nice to see her drop to the dark side. Too bad it lasted so little time that in the Dark Journey book. The book should've been skipped if it wasn't going to do justice to the character or plot.
    Still, I'm glad to see Anakin go. Any creation of the Dark Empire comics or by KJA in Jedi Academy Trilogy is always a welcome exit.
    Another problem I have is that the Jedi team flies off at the end of the book in a frigate analog. A FRIGATE. How much crew do you think that would take? I guess a Vong capital ship doesn't need crew, just a pilot. Just like a starfighter. And then they fight with it in combat? Again, I guess you only need a pilot and a gunner.
    The Vong XT-16 model! Buy it now. (Crew not included),[nor is it needed].
    The entire novel was a farce and the only good thing to happen was the death of Borsk. Even that was poorly portrayed and the little Bothan deserved better than a useless suicide pyre.
    That's what this book was all about. Suicide missions. And pointless ones at that.
    May Lucas save us all from the NJO and its pendantics.

"This information was uncovered and brought to you by the Bothan spy network. Highest turnover rate in the galaxy. Fill out an application now, get a free coffin."

9. JediLord

JediLord Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    I like it. It's more realistic this way.

10. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Ok last one didn't go through. I thought it was a poor decision to bring his character up only to have him killed off. It woulda been nice to see Anakin been Ben's master. Plus I just imagained the Solo, Skywalker children all running around the galaxy together.

11. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    I agree with Jedi-Solo...it was a big mistake.

12. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    Kyp should have died instead.

I just hope he does...its gonna be Jaina Solo-Fel, not Solo-Durron :D

13. darkfire_19

darkfire_19 Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2001
    The decision to kill Anakin was a poor one. If they were going to do it they should of planned it better and done it later on especially with so many books left. I don't believe Kyp should of died yet. He will meet his fate but his character has taken an interesting turn since DJ. I think all of this will make more sense in the end at the conculsion of the series. All I can hope is that there is method in there madness and they know what there doing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.