main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin Speeder Music

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by NateTheGreat, May 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NateTheGreat

NateTheGreat Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2003
    When Anakin is on that speeder thingy of his going to find his mother, the music goes to Duel of the Fates. I thought this was completely irrelevant in this scene, mostly because the climax of the song is played when Anakin is talking to some Jawa. It shold have been used during Dooku fight.

2. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Oh, come on, talking to a Jawa is the perfect scenario for DOTF! Those midgets are dangerous! :p

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    The english translation of the Sanskrit lyrics to DOTF are, "Under the tree root, a fight most dread, another raging behind, in the head."

There is certainly a battle of emotions raging in Anakin's head at the time. I think it's there because of his emotional ("in the head") turmoil at the time.

4. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Well, let's see. Considering that Anakin's discovery of his mother leads to his subsequent turn to the dark side, I'd say that DOTF was perfect for that scene. The fact that Anakin is speaking to Jawas at the end is very relevant. Isn't is through the Jawas that the droids are brought to Luke in ANH, eventually bringing him to his father?

Those scenes of Anakin's "Binary Sunset" are gorgeous. Having the Force Theme segue into DOTF is perfect.

Now some have raised issue with GL's edit of the very end of that cue for the film, but that's another topic.

5. Kit-Fisto7BA

Kit-Fisto7BA Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2003
    I would of liked to hear DOTF in the Anakin speeder scene and the ending parts of the Clone Wars scene.It wouldn't work in the Dooku fight because it was so short.

6. The___

The___ Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    If they used DOTF during the end duel as they did TPM, then AOTC would have seemed way too similar to TPM. A clone of Episode I, which would have given different meaning to the title Attack of the Clones.

7. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I really didn't expect DOTF to be in Clones. It had almost become Maul's signature theme in TPM.

So, for me, it was a nice little surprise to hear it strike up briefly. It matched Anakin's 'decent into hell' nicely, and since I wasn't expecting it I appreciated it.

8. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I liked hearing the theme again as well, and I can't think of a better place during the film to place it.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    this signature blows!

9. Heavenly_Angel

Heavenly_Angel Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    i thought the music really fitted the emotion and strong feelings from that scene. Anakin on the speeder, racing through the desert, looking for his mother... imagine what kind of tidal wave would be going on in his head.

10. DARTH-PLONKER

DARTH-PLONKER Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    I think it works really well. It gives it the feel of a race against time, which it is. It is also sort of a duel of the fates, because Anakins mothers death is, I take it, what turned him to the dark side and changed his fate, so there is sort of a "Duel of the Fates" going on.

11. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    It works great especially with that evil look Hayden gets....It also does give that "racing" feel.

12. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    It also does give that "racing" feel.

I always thought it was interesting that DOTF was the theme for the SW Racer video game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.