main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin stops to see his capable mentors at the age of 9...so he STAYS with mentality of age 9?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Master_Mace_Windows, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Mace_Windows

Master_Mace_Windows Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2005
    What I am asking is that the fact of not seeing Qui Gon or Shmi anymore, the ones that could show him the ways of maturity, made him stuck on his immaturity of 9 year old kid?

Yes I know ObiWan was his mentor, but he was actually not that capable for him.

So... his best mentors die/are left behind at the age of 9...and hence with no one to teach him properly he stays as mature as a 9 year old?

---this is for PT Anakin, i don't mean Vader.

2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    IMO..........NO.

In AOTC and ROTS Anakin hardly has the maturity of a 9 year old, you think a 9 year old would have gotten married and made his wife preganant. I juts don't really see your logic and there is very little in the PT that points to Anakin being that immature.

3. Master_Mace_Windows

Jul 18, 2005
    Hm...I was based on the lines like:

*You are not granted the rank of Master
    Anakin: ><

Now that I think about it yes he has matured, but a REALLY slower rate. I know I may be mistaken. If I am let it be closed

4. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Anakin not being granted Master had more to do with the Palpatine factor that his maturity level i believe.

5. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I agree.

6. theN00_Jedi

theN00_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2005
    yeah, for the most part, it fits, such a simple child like infatuation leading to something like that is a sign of delayed emotional maturity, which explains why he seems so completly different as Vader, without his attatchment to padme, he actually starts to grow up

7. Madakast

Madakast Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2005
    In the Clone Wars cartoon, Anakin asks Obi-Wan why nobody gives him the respect he thinks he deserves and Obi-Wan replies along the lines of "it's not your skills that are in question, it's your maturity."

I think Anakin greatly matures, but not *enough* - especially for a Jedi. That is due in part to the loss of Qui-Gon and Shmi at an early age, and also in part to Obi-Wan's inability to teach that well. Obi-Wan confesses to Luke that he was not as good a teacher as he thought he could be.

8. Jon_Bon_Kenobi

Jon_Bon_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    Well, he is a little immature in AOTC, but hardly to the point of acting like a 9 year old!
    I mean c'mon.....

:rolleyes:

9. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Of course that's immature; what do 9 year old boys dream of? Becoming heroes and marrying angels. What is Anakins focus in AotC, knowing he shouldn't, marrying his angel and becoming the ultimate hero (more powerful than death). What has he been dreaming of for 10 years, marrying his angel.

The peak of his immaturity lies in his desire to marry Padme, examplified perfectly by - "We could keep it a secret"

Anakin is incredibly immature throughout AotC and RotS, with glimpses of maturity - i thought this was obvious.

He shows a sign of maturity by saying "Sometimes we must let go our pride, and do what is requested of us" - and IMMEDIATELY follows it up with "Obi Wan manages not to see it...I'm really ahead of him...It's worse!...It's not fair!". Then he shows a sign of maturity by admitting that Obi Wan is able to see his flaws - and IMMEDIATELY follows it up by using Padmes compliment to try and hit on her.

This goes on in nearly every scene he's in in Episode II, and it continuos, but more subtle, in RotS.

- O_F

10. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    "In AOTC and ROTS Anakin hardly has the maturity of a 9 year old, you think a 9 year old would have gotten married and made his wife preganant. I juts don't really see your logic and there is very little in the PT that points to Anakin being that immature"

I agree.

Good Stuff

11. IBO-NAW-NAYAS

IBO-NAW-NAYAS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    I think you mistake what MMW means, Anakin obviously dosn't have the same mentality of a nine year old but cause of his best possible mentors gone he does mature very slow. For a jedi in both aotc and rots he isn't mature at all. If he was he wouldn't have fell for the mind tricks of palps. the questions he asks in aotc is very imature too.

12. Master_Mace_Windows

Jul 18, 2005
    Eh, I blew it with this topic. I made another one that expressed this matter the right way.

*Has the death of Anakin's capable mentors influenced on his maturity?*

It is buried in the second or even third page methinks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.