main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin Story: Any Help?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ExarKunPJ, Apr 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExarKunPJ

ExarKunPJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    I am writing a story about Anakin and shmi before the Phantom Menace and I require informtion on Anakin's young life and slavery etc.

Info on podracing, key figures, technology and Mos Espa will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

NOTE : Thanks for telling me to move this post here Leona.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
  3. Mike-Sunrider

Mike-Sunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2003
    If it is not on there. I think the Databank on Starwars.com has some entries on the pod racers. Not sure though.

4. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    I would suggest reading the 'Phantom Menace' novelization. :) It has a lot of extra info.

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I bought a graphic novel with extra stories from that timeframe with all key TPM figures. Maybe I can help. Anything specific you're looking for?

6. ExarKunPJ

Apr 14, 2005
    I've read the novelisation and that does give a bit more detail.

I need to know about before Anakin was at Watto's and about his early podracing days. Type of pod, races he was in. A lot I can make up but i want it to be generally based on things that actually happened...

7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    In this graphic novel, Gardulla visits Watto and says if she had known that Anakin Skywalker would have been more valuable, she never would have bet he and his mother against Watto on an earlier podrace. She offers to buy Anakin back at 50,000 credits (or whatever they call them on Tatooine) and Watto hires someone to bully Qui-Gon into leaving without Anakin. Of course it doesn't work and they are left unconsious. [face_mischief]

He races in Watto's pod the first time, when Sebulba knocks him off course and he doesn't finish the race. In the Boonta, he uses Qui-gon's (really Anakin's) and Qui-Gon sells it to Sebulba to get the credits that Anakin gives to Jira, Kitster and Wald. Another good read is Tatooine Ghost for what happens behind the scenes. It has Leia finding out all the stuff that happened in TPM and what happened after Anakin leaves.

8. ExarKunPJ

Apr 14, 2005
    Does anyone know where anakin was before he came to Mos Espa...in the films he said he'd been there since he was three...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.