main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin - using a mind trick on Padme?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Agent_SkywalKer, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    I'm not really sure, but if you watch the "You're breaking my heart" scene, you can see Anakin move his hand in a jedi mind trick like manner. It's when he says "I don't want to hear anymore about Obi-Wan." Is he using some sort of mind trick on padme? I thought he was, but I'm really not sure.

Thoughts?

2. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    if he was then it clearly didnt work,but this makes me wonder: why didnt he just used a trick all the way to convince her to join him ??

3. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    She actually doesn't mention Obi-Wan after that though.

(I don't think, unless I'm remembering the quotes the wrong way)

4. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    no she doesnt but because 15 seconds later her oxygen is being drained..

5. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    you can see Anakin move his hand in a jedi mind trick like manner.

He just barely raises his hand, more like using his hand for emphasis. If he was going to use a mind trick, he would have done it earlier.

6. Jedi_Hoppin_Bun

Jedi_Hoppin_Bun Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    A mind trick wouldn't have worked on Padme, even if that's what it was, which I don't believe it is. Anakin as much as said so in AOTC since she's not weak minded.

7. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    They only work on the weak minded. That?s something Padmè isn?t.

8. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    That is a good question that deserves some thought. Why didn't he just use a mind trick on her to get her to join and follow him.

I guess the obvious answer is that she was not weak minded.

One other thing, Anakin should have been able to read her thoughts to know she was not telling him a lie about bringing Obi-Wan with her.

Darth Sin! :cool:

9. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    That looked more to me like Hayden mimicking classic Vader hand gestures to enrich the character. I do feel however that when Sidious speaks to Anakin in that ethereal echoish voice just after Mace is killed, it represents a kind of 'dark side seduction' where the darkside actually seeps through Anakin's defences because he lets them in. Anyway that old trick only works on the weak minded. That doesn't fit Padme despite what her critics say.

10. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    he was only trying to be polite in AOTC.and i would seriously doubt her "mind strenght" when it comes to talk about mustafar.

11. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    You had a point Jedi_Hoppin_Bun, but I think sithrules70 is right...Padme is a very strong individual, but at that very moment, she was breaking inside, and he could of easily used a mind trick on her. But I just no he didn't because, besides the fact that he killed a whole lot of people, that just isn't something I see him doing in that very moment. He was too caught up in things to even think about that. Besides, he expected Padme to join him.

12. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I doubt he was

13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Haven't you ever pointed at someone that you're threatening? Haven't your parents ever done that to you? It's not a mind trick.

14. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Exacty, Anakin was just pointing at her for emphisis(sp?), to make her realize that he meant serious buisness about not meantioning Obi-Wan.

15. Jedi_Hoppin_Bun

Jedi_Hoppin_Bun Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Even though Padme's world is crumbling down around her and she's obviously distraught, she still wouldn't have succumbed to a Jedi mind trick. If she's strong enough to tell Anakin, "You're going down a path I cannot follow," then she's certainly strong enough to withstand a Jedi mind trick from him. However, it is not a Jedi mind trick.

16. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    No, he's not using a mind trick there. Why would he still use Jedi knowledge when he has to become strong with the dark side to achieve what he wants at that point?

17. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    Anakin: (raising his hand and thinking -- "you want me! You must have me NOW! Man! This lava makes me HOT!")

Padme: (feeling hormonal rage and extreme pregnancy discomfort is thinking -- "I'm supposed to be the moody one, but NO! It's all about the Chosen One! Crimey it's hot! What did I ever see in this psycho jerk?")

18. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
  19. COMMANDER76

COMMANDER76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    It wasn't :confused:

20. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    Oh, I use the mind trick on my students to get them to do their homework all the time. It just doesn't work very well. :pI'm afraid, though, in this case, it's the weak-minded that DON'T fall for my mind trick.:oops:

21. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    ha,ha,ha[face_laugh] please stop its starting to tickle[face_laugh]

22. Obi-Chron

Obi-Chron Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2003
    I use the mind-trick on myself . . . . . it doesn't work! The weak minded don't fall for my trick either!

23. JediLaura01

JediLaura01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2001
    lol Yoshifett.

24. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    No, he's using guilt trips on Padme. Kind of like the ones Obi-Wan used on Luke.

25. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005
    Yah guilt trips "But luke if u dont help me beat Vader then u no those cute little ewoks u luv so much, they will die of a mysterious disease that i didnt put i their water supply kapeesh"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.