main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin - using a mind trick on Padme?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Agent_SkywalKer, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Settle down.

2. PrinceHector

PrinceHector Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    He was merely saying "shut up", when waving his hand. Usually people, when giving mind tricks, use second tense (i.e. "You don't want to sell me death sticks" "You don't need to see his identification", "These aren't the droids you're looking for" "You serve your master well" "You want to go home and rethink your life")

If Anakin was using a mind trick, he would say something like "YOU don't want to know about ObiWan anymore"

Actually, Anakin should have said something like "You don't want to know what I've become" or "You want to turn to the dark side!!", or something. But he could just have easily said "thats garbage!! I would never kill younglings!!" as a response, instead of "ObiWans trying to turn you against me", which seems to imply that he's hiding something. Tell an outright lie or something?

3. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Mind tricks only work on the weak minded. Padme is not weak minded. Plus she knows him too well to believe the crap that Palpatine has Anakin believe.

4. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i would seriously question her "strength" in mustafar.

i think that anakin was just pointing out that he definitely didnt want to hear anymore about obi wan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.