main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters Anakin/Vader Characterization - Anakin in the New Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by rhonderoo, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    A black hole sucks, mercilessly, every living thing in its path into a long, endless night of death. Once you enter its event horizon, there is no escape. It is just a matter of time until your are deconstructed, ripped apart to your very atoms. A black hole is a force of nature that has no guilt or remorse, no love or compassion or honor. It cannot help itself because it has no frame of reference, no past with which to contend. I strive each day to be likewise devoid of self. I do it only to keep from remembering?her.

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    ardavenport - good one. I found it amusing to think that he couldn't get into small spaces to fix things and then I thought how sad that he couldn't fix things any more.

brodiew - wow, I could feel his anger in that.

3. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    dianethx: excellent drabble, diane.

So young, proud, sure of the Light, his blue eyes do the impossible. How can he know that under the prison of a thousand heinous acts, I am still that young child crying for his mother, still mourning a wife that loved too well the monster within?

Very well written and sad. this opening paragraph was excellent in its description of both father and son. Very interesting to hear Vader speak of Padme as one who loved his dark side too much.

ardavenport: I loved this cryptic drabble in that at felt like Anakin, though it was all Vader. :cool:

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Nice drabble about his 'black-hole' thoughts that don't have to remember 'her'. I suppose that Vader does that a lot. By the time of ANH he did it without thinking about it. Filled up his heart with the dark side, but Luke found a space in there anyway. [face_love]

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Calling all Vader fans!

The Anakin/Vader index has been inactive for a while. We'd love to have some volunteers to help us update and maintain the index. We'd like several so that no one has to do too much. I'll pitch in as well. :)

We'll be using the old sock and I'll send the password to those who volunteer. I'd like to see the index active again, especially with a new challenge! :D

6. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Here's a drabble adressing the topic at hand: A redeemable Anakin

?By the Force?Obi-Wan?What have I?done??

?You question is rhetorical, Darth Vader,? Obi-Wan replied, sternly.

?Don?t say that name!? Anakin choked out, tears welling in his eyes. ?I am not that man.?

?Your actions say otherwise,? Obi-Wan said, stepping closer. ?But it is possible to repair.?

?How can you say that?? Anakin said, backing to the railing on the landing platform. ?I have destroyed us!?

?We are not completely dead, Anakin, as long as even a few remain.?

?They will never forgive me.?

?It will be the most difficult thing you have ever done, but you will earn their trust again.?

Edit: Where's the Vader love? I'm beginning to feel the isolation of hanging out here. Are you there, Vadey?

7. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Good job, brodiew. I could feel Obi-Wan's anger and then his hope for the future.

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm here! It's just that my muse has been working overtime and DRL is being a bit of a pain. :p

9. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Thanks, dianethx. I didn't make it back in time, but the above AU drabble is just a start. The finished drabble/vig can be found here:

Voice of Truth

10. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
  11. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    These are awesome drabbles! I am jealous of those who can play on words and make a story out such limits. It's also time for a new topic, looking at the first post. What do you guys think? There's the new Force Unleashed Game/Novels/Comics/RPG coming out next year that is supposed to be awesome.

He's still everywhere. A friend of mine sent me this pic with a note:

Call me

[image=http://mobilephones.asymbio.com/media/fun/fun-dart-vader.jpg]

[face_laugh]

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    *twitters in antici-
    PAtion! :cool:

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Those are really cool drabbles!!! I really like the idea of a post-ROTJ redeemed Anakin :) (post-ROTJ at the hands of his children)

14. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Ok well I guess I'm kind of exeeding the challenge rules here but this challenge was what kinda inspired me to do this so I'll post the link anyways.

The Anakin Alphabet -- Ani drabbles

15. Mathom

Mathom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 2006
    Here's my response for challenge 1. It's another redeemed Anakin moment:

Some days I can?t leave bed.
    Some days I barely make it to the market and back.
    Some days I stare at the door for hours, but can?t go out.

Too many emotions out there?

The whispers, the stares, the conscious hate when they see me?

I know I deserve it, but sometimes it?s just too much.

There are days I want to stay home forever.
    There are days I want to throw myself off a bridge.
    There are days I want to snap and kill them all.

But then Luke says he loves me, and somehow everything?s alright again.

16. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Excellent drabble, Mathom. You've written a beautifully guilt ridden Anakin. The hardest part of redemption, I imagine, is forgiving yourself. I'm glad Luke is there to keep things in perspective.

I've been exploring Anakin redeemed in the Force and also the idea of Anakin redeemed at Mustafar. Great drabble.

17. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Good job, Mathom. I liked that Luke [face_love] was able to bring him love and hope.

18. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
  19. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Wow, that gave me goosebumps. :cool::cool::cool:

20. AnakinsLuv

AnakinsLuv Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2004
    That is breath-taking! [face_love]

-AnakinsLuv

21. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    Wow! Excellent drabbles so far! =D= =D=

I also liked the poster.

I hope there is no deadline for posting the drabbles... Here is what I got (it's confusing):

Deep night pulls you into its suffocating embrace. The fearful echo of your heavy feet streaks through the nocturnal quietness ? fearful of you, like every single being that has ever glanced upon your black visage.

In your old life that seems almost like a mirage, there has been love, friendship, pain, fear? And there was she. But she?s only dust now, and her soul is in a place you can never reach, not after everything you have done and you will do.

You will do those horrible things because you want to feel something, anything that could fill the frigid void beneath the armour. At times, you want to pull off the helmet and feel the searing pain in your burnt lungs, to lift off the red haze always clouding your vision and see the world as it truly is.

But you won?t do it for you are a slave to that suit, a slave to the darkness.

And you will always be.

22. CHEVALIER_RYU

CHEVALIER_RYU Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    In ROTS Anakin was a very young fahter to be, scared out of his witts, with a dying wife and no one he felt he could turn to. he was a very sensitive man living among people who mistrusted him.

in ANH at least to my he is someone who has lost his interest in life. He's not suicidal , but he doesn't care much about what goes on around him, he's just going throught the motions

in ESB his interset has been grabed. for the first time in twenty some years he has a goal, a goal that revive a lot of emotions and memories he had tried very hard to shove away. he tries to get his life back but he doesn't even know what life he want. that make him temperamental, moody and inconsistant.

in ROTJ he says it's too late for me. I think it pretty much sums up what his psychological state is at that point. he knows that going to the dark side was bad, he knows that what he's doing is wrong, he wants to go with Luke. he just think it's impossible, like master Yoda.then Luke is being killed before his eyes and screw what's impossible he can't let him die.

so I see redeemed Anakin as having the same witt, like and dislike and temper as he had young, but restrained by experience. he pretty much made all the wrong choices already so he knows what happen if he let his emotions and his temper run wild. I see him with a very low, almost non-existent sense of selfworth ( he always was pretty emphatic, knowing what he has done, without the dark side to numb him, he's got to be feeling pretty bad), living for his family and friends.

I don't think the alliance would have juged him for war crime, they can't do that to every imperial officer who turn coat and
    I don't see why they would make an exeption for him ( I can see him being under restriction like constant surveillance for a while through)

I still have this Idea of him serving hard time and then sensing that Luke or Leia or han or his grand children need his help, going out and after the crisis knocking on the prison door asking with a sheepish smile to please be let inO:) . I just have this image of the guards faces stuck in my head.[face_laugh]
    :p

23. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Aloha and wlecome (back?) to this thread. I think you make a very important point, especially about him being a very sensitive man. And young.

In RotS, things went from salvageable to hopeless in the space of about an hour. Even though the mistakes/crimes that Anakin/Vader committed during that time were horrific -- especially killing the children -- he also didn't have much time to think. This is part of what I felt so tragic about the fall. And then, the enormity of what he had done, combined with all that he had lost, the grief and helpless fury, sealed him in that suit for 20 years.

I like the scenario of him busting out of jail to help his children/grandchildren, then asking to be let back when the mission is over. But, some day, let him be free at last.

24. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Before he turned, Anakin had too little time to think. After he turned, he had too much.

A redeemed Anakin is not the epitome of being a Jedi. He is still prone to anger and passion and other "Dark" feelings- yet now he has seen what they have done/can do and he attempts to restrain himself accordingly. But it's a never-ending struggle, in my opinon. He's redeemed- yet he's not really free of the Darkside. He lives in tandem with it, feeling its presence and its temptation, but knows that he must stay away at all costs.

Sometimes he will give in, but he always stops immediately. His most harsh critic is himself and always will be. He is, affectively, a good Jedi. But he does not seem himself as such and is tainted, even though he has been redeemed.

25. DarthGaul

DarthGaul Jedi Master star 3

May 25, 2004
    I've been trying to show the inner turmoil of Anakin/Vader in my fan fic (shameless plug) The Dark Times...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.