main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin vs Sidious

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Absolutly Nothing, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Absolutly Nothing

Absolutly Nothing Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2016
    As far as I know according to George Lucas, if Anakin didn't get handicapped he could have beaten Palpatine. So I am a bit curious about how this fight would have went down, regardless if Anakin is with the light or dark side. Any thoughts may I ask?

2. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    If it's a more mature, emotionally stable Anakin who never suffered injuries from Mustafar, and increased and honed his powers 10, 20 or more years later, he would've been able to defeat Palpatine. He had the highest midichlorian count ever recorded and was regarded as one of the most powerful Jedi at the time of his fall. Even Sidious acknowledged to Yoda before their duel that Anakin had the potential to grow more powerful than either of them.

ObiWanKnowsMe, AniLukeRey and AshiusX like this.
  3. Absolutly Nothing

Absolutly Nothing Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2016
    I'm pretty certain he's mature in episode 3, well before his turn and going crazy. Just imagine how powerful Anakin would be, while facing Sidious who, surprisingly wanted a powerful apprentice.

4. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    I've always felt confident, had Anakin remain intact (sounds so morbid), he would've been the most powerful force user of all time. He would not have had a weakness and would've been unstoppable. Which is ironic- had he not gotten cocky, he probably would've gotten so powerful that he could've just bypassed whatever weakness his emotions brought him.

AshiusX likes this.
  5. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    The irony in this is so tragic that Shakespeare could've written it.

The numbers as it stands are that before his injuries and being locked in the suit, Anakin's potential was twice that of Sidious'. After the suit, that figure dropped to 80% of Sidious'. So without the suit, and after more training, the battle would've been easily in Anakin's favor.

6. Xenor

Xenor Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 7, 2014
    Anakin would enter Sidious chamber telling his "master" its time for him to die.
    Sidious would unleash lightning but Anakin deflect this with his mind. Then he would just force choke Sidious to death in a matter of seconds.

7. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Given the haunted nature of Anakin's character I suspect he would've beaten Palpatine, but emerged from the battle carrying a significant inner wound of some sort. Free of Palpatine's demonic influence, though, I suspect with Padme he probably would've eventually cleansed the darkness in himself.

8. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Palpatine would've bested him one-on-one in Revenge Of The Sith, had Anakin decided to take him down.

It's an interesting debate on whether Vader with his suit could've ever destroyed the Emperor in a one-on-one contest. The Emperor did have his lightning on his side, something Vader did not ever possess. The only reason Vader was able to kill the Emperor in Episode 6 is because Palpatine was distracted by himself torturing Luke, and then Vader realized what was happening and that he couldn't lose his son.

If the Emperor and Vader ever got into a lightsaber duel, Emperor would probably win.

ConservativeJedi321 and TX-20 like this.
  9. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    With more training he could have beaten the Palpatine with the light side of the force. He would have beaten the emperor with dark side.

10. ThisHurricane

ThisHurricane Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 9, 2015
    I don't think it would have took Anakin that long to have been able to over throw Sidious. Sidious even says at the end of Rots that Vader would soon be more powerful than him. Anakin was an exceptional student with the force at a young age so he would be able to learn the dark side faster than previous Sith.

If he beats Obi Wan during theyre duel I think he beats Sidious a year later after he hones the dark side.

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Moving this over to SWC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.