main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin w/Dooku lightsaber variant version 2????

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LordMaul99, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordMaul99

LordMaul99 Jedi Master star 1

May 31, 2002
    Hey Guys,

It's been awhile since I posted here. I purchased in mid June, 2 Anakin figures w/Dooku sabers @ Toys R Us. Today I was browsing at another Toys R Us, and sure enough I found another Anakin w/Dooku saber, BUT this Dooku saber is more pinkish, or "transparent" if you want to call it that, whereas the other 2 I purchased, the Dooku sabers are a more solid red.

Does anyone know if this was another mistake or is this a limited edition thing?? Please let me know, I'd really like to know, thanks guys!!!

2. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Yep,that was another variation they did. IIRC,the ones with the pink-ish saber shipped first,then the ones with the correct red color. :)

3. LordMaul99

LordMaul99 Jedi Master star 1

May 31, 2002
    Is it possible that this variant is intentional? As of late, I have seen many Dooku Lightsaber's in #2. Can anyone confirm this?

4. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    It is intentional. It is a "running change" to more accurately reflect the movie - Anakin never uses his Vader saber, but he does use Dooku's, as I'm sure you know. Check out Rebelscum's page about the figure. There's also some discussion about it in this thread. Make sure to look at AcklayComeHome's link in that thread as well (in the first reply) - that leads to more variant discussion.

5. long_long_ago

long_long_ago Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    I saw this fig today in my local shop(uk), red sabers, too. I thought it will be very expensive---but I was wrong, it's the same price as other figs. @};-

6. Darth-Blix

Darth-Blix Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    The pink lightsabers look ugly... I prefer the action figures with solid red light sabers.

besides my anakin EIII #2 figure has the hand attached to the Red saber. the red saber doesn't look like dooku's.

7. gonk24

gonk24 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    I believe the date codes on the back show the RED Dooku saber version to be first then the PINK. Therefore the RED would have been a very limited run before the change to PINK. According to Hasbro the RED Dooku was a one day mess up run. See this forum for more info www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=2077.0

Copy/paste link. Couldn't get clickable link to work for some reason

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.