"Anakin was a good Friend" line??

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by WhiskeyGold, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    I watched some of ANH last night and notice Obi-wan says to Luke, "And he was a good friend" when talking about Anakin. Now I am not big on changes but if you listen close the "and he" part is a little fast together like one word. If Lucas could find someone that sounds just like Obi-wan (Alec) would you freak if he changed the word "And" to Anakin to make the line "Anakin was a good friend". Listen to the line, it seems like it could be easy for the wizards to change. Could also give tie the PT to the OT ever more. I love how Obi-wan looks when he says the line. The pauses, like he is remembing the good times, and then says "and he was a good friend". If someone redid one small word, I think it could be done.
  2. DS615 Jedi Master

star 4
    Why would you want to do that?

Is it unclear who he's refering to? Did the PT events make it a required change?

No. There's no reason to do it. (Then again, there's no reason for GL make all the absurd changes he already has.)

3. WhiskeyGold Force Ghost

star 4
    There isn't a reason other than when newer people watch the films in number order.
    It's just that when he says this, he seems to be taken back at the time. Like he is remembing the good times, before the Empire. It's more like he is talking to himself "and he was a good friend".
    There is real have to do it reason, just an idea from me.
    I am sure Luke knew his father's name was Anakin so Luke would understand the line. If your new to Star Wars and watching it in Number Order you would know who was talking about also.
  4. Plo_Koen Jedi Master

star 4
    It sounds like "Ani was a good friend" now...

Good enough for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.