main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin was right to kill the Tusken Raiders!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Duckman, May 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthCorky

DarthCorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    It's taking all my willpower to not go off on you people who say Anakin is justified in killing the Tuskens. Some of you are just plain sick and really frighten me. I am a liberal and dang proud of it. First I'm posting a copy of what I said on the other thread on this subject:

"People need to develop an understanding of perspective and relativity. With the PT, George is proving that Star Wars has never been about a clear cut line between good and evil. Everyone does something for a reason, everyone has motivation, even Vader. I'm sure there's some reason that Palpatine turned bad in the first place if we went back far enough. The Tuskens are not pure evil monster's who kill people like Shmi for no reason. There are tons of explanations, just like there's a reason for Anakin's freakout. Tattooine is the Tuskens' planet. The humans are intruding, and the Tuskens are territorial. For all we know, the humans used to kill Tuskens for fun back in the day just like early settlers in America shot buffalo while riding on the train. You may want to say that this is in a galaxy far far away and comparisons to Earth situations don't apply, but these movies are reflecting our lives on Earth. They just are. You can't ignore that. Lucas is making a statement despite the fact that so many of you are missing it. Bottom line, there is a reason for the Tuskens' actions, and whatever it is, it's just as justified as Anakin's anger over the death of his mother, even though neither action is excusable. It would be great if we could see more of the first days of humans on Tattooine, but we never will, so all we can do is speculate. And I think George has shown that all the characters, even someone as supposedly evil as Vader, do what they do for a reason. If Lucas thought the Tuskens were mindless murdering evil monsters, I don't think he'd have the extermination of them be Anakin's first step to the dark side. The befuddled response that many of you seem to be having to this plot point proves just how susceptible to the dark side you would be in the SW universe. What if some humans in Mos Eisley took a Tusken woman hostage and tortured her (a very probable event in my opinion)? Would it be cool for some Tuskens to come in and murder everyone in the town?"

Now, a hypothetical situation:
    Humans land on Tattooine and start building cities. These cities affect where Tuskens can live and force them to inhabit only the most desolate areas of the planet. Many Tuskens die while dealing with this adaptation, but the humans are just trying to find a place to stay. Some humans go out on a trip in their landspeeder and come upon a Tusken camp. They walk up and investigate. The Tuskens see "intruders" attack, and kill them. A band of humans discover the situation and kill some Tuskens. The Tuskens kill some humans who they happen to run into. The humans kill some Tuskens that they happen to run into. Years pass and this cycle continues. The Tuskens happen to run into Shmi and take her hostage. Anakin finds his mother and kills all the Tuskens in the village. ETC. ETC. ETC.!!!

The point is that it has to stop somewhere. Someone has to transcend above revenge, someone has to not be a reactionary, and if anyone's a candidate for that position, it's a freakin' Jedi!!!!

Exterminating the Tuskens WOULD end the conflict, it's true, and you know what else would end the conflict? EXTERMINATING THE HUMANS!!!!

Have a little perspective and stop allowing yourself to be so isolated and ignorant.

2. DarthCorky

DarthCorky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    Isn't someone going to reply and call me a bleeding heart liberal and suggest that we all go to Afghanistan and stick electric needles in the children's eyes?

3. dmodog

dmodog Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 1999
    remember george lucas was going to call episode 6 "revenge of the jedi"? do you remember why he changed it? because jedi are not supposed to have revenge. the reason is because the jedi are some mighty powerful people. they'll kill you faster than you know what a jedi is.

if a jedi gets revenge for the death of his/her mother, what's to stop them from getting revenge from someone who uses their toothbrush without asking? or steals their hat?

this is why the jedi have an order, to make sure the jedi just don't go all out and rule the galaxy. and one way to do this is to make the jedi not have revenge.

now some of you may disagree with the jedi and say "killing cold blooded killers won't do any wrong, if they killed my mother i would kill them and everyone they know!". well along with that being insane, you aren't a jedi. and if you were a jedi, you wouldn't be able to do something like that. stuff like that leads to the dark side of the force.

why some people don't realize this is beyond me.

now suppose the tuskan raiders are some cold blooded killers that kill people for the simple reason to see them die (which i doubt is the case). then people will decide that these cold blooded killers need to be exterminated. well don't expect the jedi to return the call.

revenge comes from hate. and we all know what hate does to a jedi, right? makes you realize how easy it is to fall to the dark side of the force.

sure YOU might want to kill them, but a jedi isn't supposed to do it because it is a product of HATE, a jedi is not supposed to hate, and especially let that hate come out and kill the people you hate simply because you hate them. and that's the bottom line.

4. darth-maynard

darth-maynard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2002
    "if a jedi gets revenge for the death of his/her mother, what's to stop them from getting revenge from someone who uses their toothbrush without asking? or steals their hat?"

And that is exactly how Anakin escalates his idea of "justice" from killing the Tuskans, to joining the sith, to enforcing the impirial rule

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.