main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Anakin would never turn to the darkside!"

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JohnWilliamsFan, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnWilliamsFan

JohnWilliamsFan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 1, 2002
    I was recently re-reading the Revenge of the Sith novelization, and it got me thinking....

Did anyone else find Palpatine's tempting of Anakin way more convincing in the book than in the movie?

Granted, it is easier to portray certain events in print than on a screen, but in the movie the entire process seemed rushed and brushed over. And in the novelization, there were certain scenes that could've been included. For example, when Palpatine offers Anakin anything he wants...that scene wouldve transferred powerfully to film.

This, then, raises an even larger question. How much room did Stover have to play around with this scene? While the general idea is the same as in the movie, it is strikingly different in the novel. Is Stover's portrayal an early draft of the script? Or is he using dramatic license to rework and better elaborate on an element of the film that was...weak?

2. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Many things were done better in the book.

3. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    as far as i know, he had george lucas editing it directly, but i agree... i was expecting to see anakin interrupt the jedi in tears, about palps being the sithy, but it never happened that way :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.