main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Anakin's apprentice

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Knight_AlSidre, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_AlSidre

Knight_AlSidre Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2008

I already have tickets to see Clone Wars in August
    In the movie, Anakin has a padawan. I always thought that you had to be a Master to have a padawan learner. From ROTS we know that Anakin was on the Council but was never given the rank of Master. (He certainly whined enough about it.) So how is it that Anakin is allowed to train a padawan? Or did they make an exception, because he is the Chosen One?

Does anyone here have an answer?

Knight_AlSidre

2. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    Thats the same question i have been asking for months now. It makes NO SENSE like everything else about the movie and no one else seems to care.

3. Azura

Azura Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2008
    Knights are allowed to train Padawans. In TPM, Obi-Wan is a brand new Knight when he takes Anakin as his Padawan. Often, the path to becoming a Master is successfully training a Padawan to knighthood.

4. Ashoka

Ashoka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2008

Bash whilst you can. For those that "wants" to know - Knights can train a Padawan. The rank of Master is achieved when a Knight successfully trains a Padawan to knighthood.

By the fact that Anakin is still around by RotS, we "know" that Ahsoka hasn't been knighted yet, which either means she's on a mission on her own, expelled, trained by another master... or some other reason.

Which part does it not make sense with? No mention of Ahsoka? For all we know, he doesn't want to bring up her due to something that's happened? Or he's the Dooku type master. Who's bond with his Padawan is nothing more than Master and Apprentice (Which I'm sure Padme wants).

And there's pretty much a thread about her (Ahsoka's Importance).

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Basically, if George Lucas decides Anakin can have an apprentice, then Anakin can have an apprentice. He's the god in this world. ;)

Anyway, theres loads of Ashoka discussion HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.